Five late night ones

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Five late night ones

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 01 Aug 2017, 04:11

When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?

Do you ever brush your tongue with your toothbrush?

When was the last time you saw kids playing hopscotch?

Whereabouts do you situate yourself to cut your toenails?

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Re: Five late night ones

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 07:06

Most of the time. A medium popcorn with butter.

Yeah, supposedly that's where most of the germs come from.

No idea

Rim of the toilet

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo?

-5. I have a tough time putting up new-fangled tents and they almost put up themselves.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 01 Aug 2017, 07:28

No. I fucking hate people eating at the cinema.

No but I do use interdental brushes.

A few days ago. My kids play it.

Bathroom- foot over toilet.

7 - it'd be great.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 01 Aug 2017, 08:38

Occasionally, and if I do I go for salted. More often than not, though, if I bother with a snack at all it'll be three scoops of Ben & Jerry's.

I have done, but I now have a tongue scraper.

I was talking about that with Mrs The Driver the other day. A good few years back it still wasn't uncommon to see the remains of a chalked out grid on the pavement. I don't recall having seen kids playing it this century.

Edge of the bath, or in my (home) office.

Without any training on how to do it I guess about a 3, but with a quick tutorial or a manual, the right tools and a glamorous assistant I could make a decent fist of it, I reckon. Maybe a 6 or 7.
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Aug 2017, 09:05

Don't go to the cinema any more. When I did, I never ate anything, because it was poor quality and expensive.
I like popcorn, though, and make my own, and have been known to watch movies on TV with a big bowl: preferred toppings melted butter with either salt or maple syrup

No. I get plenty of B vitamins – more than a little bemused to find that everyone else apparently scours their tongue. I never have.

Last century can't say when. Mind you, I don't really notice children

On the bed or the edge of the bath

1 I have Raynauds syndrome. My hands would drop off before I got the first layer done
Last edited by Rayge on 01 Aug 2017, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Nick

Postby Nick » 01 Aug 2017, 09:31

If I take the kids they usually like to get some, the salted kind. We don't normally bother if it's just me & Cat going. I'm not sure why, as I do like it. I tend to always take Sports Mix if I've got the choice though.

Hell yes.

Probably my own kids, maybe ten years ago or more.

Bathroom, foot on the side of the bath.

10 I reckon. We used to make them often when I was a kid. With manual work like that my mind is very meticulous, probably neurotically precise actually. So I'd make a good job of it. I'd enjoy it too.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 01 Aug 2017, 12:15

No, never. It's a total rip off plus I don't eat when I'm watching a film at the cinema anyway. Personally it annoys me when people are crunching on pop corn. I think it's odd that such a food has become ubiquitous with the cinema. If I was to buy popcorn though I'd nearly always go for toffee or heavily salted butter

Yes

Not since I was a kid. You never see kids playing footy in the street these days either

On the edge of the couch

I struggle with flat pack furniture ffs so a 1
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 01 Aug 2017, 14:05

When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not? - Yes. With 'Buttery Topping'.

Do you ever brush your tongue with your toothbrush? - Only when it's feeling particularly furry.

When was the last time you saw kids playing hopscotch? - Ages ago, but someone had marked up the sidewalk down the street from us for it last summer.

Whereabouts do you situate yourself to cut your toenails? - On the edge of the bed or in a chair in the backyard if the weather's nice or in my home office with the bright light on if it's dark.

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo? - Using a saw to cut blocks of ice, and all that? I reckon I'd be about a 7 or an 8. Most likely there'd be at least one catastrophic collapse before I got it right.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 18:35

Goat Boy wrote:When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?

No, never. It's a total rip off plus I don't eat when I'm watching a film at the cinema anyway. Personally it annoys me when people are crunching on pop corn. I think it's odd that such a food has become ubiquitous with the cinema.

:roll:

Does it really make that much noise?

My ex worked in a movie theater in high school and she told me the mark up on concessions is where theaters make their money.

I don't go to the movies that often and I factor in the convenience factor getting it the theater. Plus, some food is just better if you buy it there, like a hot dog at a baseball game.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 01 Aug 2017, 18:39

I love the way that toenail cutting is clearly a ritual everyone looks forward to. You can hear the self satisfied exhalation in these answers :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 01 Aug 2017, 18:44

sloopjohnc wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?

No, never. It's a total rip off plus I don't eat when I'm watching a film at the cinema anyway. Personally it annoys me when people are crunching on pop corn. I think it's odd that such a food has become ubiquitous with the cinema.

My ex worked in a movie theater in high school and she told me the mark up on concessions is where theaters make their money.

I don't go to the movies that often and I factor in the convenience factor getting it the theater. Plus, some food is just better if you buy it there, like a hot dog at a baseball game.

Any noise that isn't the movie is undesirable to me. Be it sweetie wrappers, crisp packets, popcorn, people chatting, whatever. It bothers me less if I'm watching, say, an Avengers movie mind but still....
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 01 Aug 2017, 19:06

Noise at the movies is unacceptable. And yet, I love popcorn with that butter substance shit on it. So I get popcorn about half the time and try to eat it before the picture starts and then only during loud passages.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 01 Aug 2017, 20:13

No I take my own food. Quite often I'll join in the movie with themed food. We saw Dunkirk last weekend and I took corned beef and hard tack biscuits. I had a pot noodle and some space dust for Blade Runner.

It usually warrants a good quality fine emery paper.

Last week. I berated then for clogging up the road and said they'd be better served playing Grand Theft Auto to progress their career options.

In the kitchen. I'm in favour of surprise ingredients.

It's no different to dry stone walling. I imagine I could create something but it would undoubtedly be shit.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Aug 2017, 20:32

changed my mind
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 01 Aug 2017, 20:55

Almost always. Salted.
Certainly.

Probably when I was a kid.

Sitting on the edge of the bed with my knee drawn up.

Maybe 5.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 21:22

Goat Boy wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Any noise that isn't the movie is undesirable to me. Be it sweetie wrappers, crisp packets, popcorn, people chatting, whatever. It bothers me less if I'm watching, say, an Avengers movie mind but still....

Well, I have two kids and have had to go to lots of movies where audience noise is de rigeur. And I go to lots of movies with my 14 year-old. Planet of the Apes movies don't really suffer with outside ambient noise.

Flower

Postby Flower » 01 Aug 2017, 21:25

Yes, buttered.

Everyday.

I saw an hopscotch or maybe it was a potsie board chalked on the sidewalk the other day but no kids were around.

On my butt on the bathroom floor.

I would pile up the snow and then dig out an igloo ... I've done this in our front yard when I was about 9 years old and it worked really well, I had a front and a back door. So, it would be a ten.

But if I had to cut out large blocks of ice and pile them on top of each other ... maybe a two or three.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 21:29

Still Baron wrote:and try to eat it before the picture starts and then only during loud passages.

:lol:

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Aug 2017, 22:07

I go to the cinema to watch a film not eat, even at home I just sit and watch.
I broke this rule for LOTR TFOTR and bought a cup of chili peanuts and then vomited like a dog for hours afterwards about 30 mins after I had got home.
I learnt my lesson

My dental hygenists asks me that, but cannot give me a decent explanation as to why, my tongue seems to get along OK without it.

10:25:05 May 23rd 1979

Sitting down after a bath edge of bed

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo?[/quote]

5, i know how to make one but fear I would make a poor job
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 01 Aug 2017, 22:54

Often. Unbuttered.

Yes.

Early 70's, probably.

Standing with foot on the toilet seat, toes dangling over the hole.

10 certain death by hypothermia.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?