63%
no
38%

Total votes: 24

Thang-y

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Thang-y » 31 Jul 2017, 11:21

K wrote:
Rayge wrote:I wouldn't dream of attempting to answer for gash or for skope, whose motives remain obscure to me),

Yeah, stopped reading at this point, to be honest.

So you didn't read the much more reasonable possible explanation for Googa's disappearance. Ignorance is bliss.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 31 Jul 2017, 11:29

Actually was he booted off or did he just leave? I can't remember.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jul 2017, 11:36

yomptepi wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
They couldn't even do a circle jerk right because none of them would want to stroke anyone's else's dick but their own.

L to R . Coan, Gash , Skope, Yomp, SOT, Yellowjacket, Googamooga, DD

is it just me or does anybody else watch this and start singing the oompah loomah song?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 11:49

Diamond Dog wrote:Unlike when Skope was banned and he decided it was because I'd asked for it to be so (untrue) , that i'd exhanged emails with admins asking for it (untrue), that i'd rounded up a posse by pm to get him banned (untrue) etc etc etc (and etc is untrue too).

Rayge wrote:I wouldn't dream of attempting to answer for gash or for skope, whose motives remain obscure to me, but as the poster who coined the 'hounded off the board' phrase (words I chose because, well, a hound is a dog :) ) I feel the need to explain myself. What seemed to me to be happening was that in the weeks before skope's departure, four posters (two of whom, you and K, I accept had been goaded and provoked on occasion well beyond normal levels of bcb fuckery) were often to be found apparently teaming up to have a go at skope, even in threads where he wasn't being nasty and provocative, on the open boards (no PMs involved at all); skope being skope, he retaliated in kind and it was the general level of escalating unpleasantness around him that I feel was responsible for his removal. No conspiracy, no complaints involved.
Ray

That's interesting that you say you aren't speaking for Skope or Gash... yet link it to a post I made specifically about those two. Can you think of a way where "I wouldn't dream of speaking for Gash or Skope" may appear somewhat more likely, Ray... you know, like not quoting me talking specifically about those two, in your response?

As for the rest of your supposition about how you saw it... well that's interesting too. You say that mine & K's response was because we had been goaded into action by Skope... and then make the leap that that meant we (and two other unnamed posters) were 'teaming up' to respond to Adam (even in posts where he wasn't being nasty & provocative - how sweet of him). With absolutely no proof of that at all. And then say "no conspiracy, no complaints involved"..... doesn't four posters 'teaming up' sound like a conspiracy to you, then? And are you honestly saying that no one suggested there were compliants made about Adam - or is that just you not talking for anyone else again Ray?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 11:52

I don't read what Hodgson says anymore, can someone let me know if he's posted that he doesn't read my posts please.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 11:54

Mind you, all this activity at least proves Yomp's theory that teachers have fuck all to do in the school holidays :)

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jul 2017, 11:55

The Savage Young Gash wrote:Mind you, all this activity at least proves Yomp's theory that teachers have fuck all to do in the school holidays :)

That makes me think of wanting to see yomp teach a woodwork or something similar class. :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jul 2017, 11:57

K wrote:I remember someone complaining (moaning - not reporting) just before GM was banned and lots of other people agreeing - the post in question was by fake GoogaMooga - if it may have been a thread. In fact, it may have been fake GoogaMooga bumped loads of threads by real GoogaMooga - something like that. I'm not the board's archivist so you'll need to ask Gash for details.

Funny thing memory, isn't it? You can't even be certain whether it was a post or a thread or whether Fake Googa had bumped up threads.

So basically it's conjecture on your part.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jul 2017, 12:02

When people were giving goog abuse did his lack of social skill, due to a mental issues or whatever, ever come in to play when deciding on how to respond or treat him?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Postby ... » 31 Jul 2017, 12:14

Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Unlike when Skope was banned and he decided it was because I'd asked for it to be so (untrue) , that i'd exhanged emails with admins asking for it (untrue), that i'd rounded up a posse by pm to get him banned (untrue) etc etc etc (and etc is untrue too).

Rayge wrote:I wouldn't dream of attempting to answer for gash or for skope, whose motives remain obscure to me, but as the poster who coined the 'hounded off the board' phrase (words I chose because, well, a hound is a dog :) ) I feel the need to explain myself. What seemed to me to be happening was that in the weeks before skope's departure, four posters (two of whom, you and K, I accept had been goaded and provoked on occasion well beyond normal levels of bcb fuckery) were often to be found apparently teaming up to have a go at skope, even in threads where he wasn't being nasty and provocative, on the open boards (no PMs involved at all); skope being skope, he retaliated in kind and it was the general level of escalating unpleasantness around him that I feel was responsible for his removal. No conspiracy, no complaints involved.
Ray

That's interesting that you say you aren't speaking for Skope or Gash... yet link it to a post I made specifically about those two. Can you think of a way where "I wouldn't dream of speaking for Gash or Skope" may appear somewhat more likely, Ray... you know, like not quoting me talking specifically about those two, in your response?

As for the rest of your supposition about how you saw it... well that's interesting too. You say that mine & K's response was because we had been goaded into action by Skope... and then make the leap that that meant we (and two other unnamed posters) were 'teaming up' to respond to Adam (even in posts where he wasn't being nasty & provocative - how sweet of him). With absolutely no proof of that at all. And then say "no conspiracy, no complaints involved"..... doesn't four posters 'teaming up' sound like a conspiracy to you, then? And are you honestly saying that no one suggested there were compliants made about Adam - or is that just you not talking for anyone else again Ray?

Assuming anyone here has got nothing better to do with their time and is interested in such stuff, here's my two cents' worth...

Would assume that I'm one of the two unnamed posters that Radge in his usual mealy-mnouthed style accuses of ganging up on Skope/Adam in the post above. He actually falsely named me as such in an earlier post during which he called for my banning. A page or so later on the same thread, he issued a 'who-me?' denial that he had done so without bothering to delete the earlier post and so ended up looking a bit stupid.

FWIW, while I had run ins with Adam, I never complained about him or ganged up on him. As I've said until I'm blue in the face, if you're going to dish it out, you have to expect to suck it up when it's your turn.

The reason for Radge's dislike for me is that back when God was a boy he made and later repeated some stupid assertion that I proved wrong by citing references he was unable to counter in support of his point.

One might be forgiven for thinking that we could all draw a line under the issue and get on with our lives, but no, he's subsequently drip-fed poison about me to at least one other poster (presumably by PM).

All in all, he's a thoroughly nasty piece of work and far from being the loveable. twinkly-eyed old codger he goes to such great lengths to pretend to be.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 31 Jul 2017, 12:15

The Great Defector wrote:When people were giving goog abuse did his lack of social skill, due to a mental issues or whatever, ever come in to play when deciding on how to respond or treat him?

He has a form of autism, IIRC, high-functioning. I guess that would mean that offenses, insults might sink in with him in ways quite different from how others experience them. Taking things too literally, that kind of problem. Also: not 'sensing' the moment when others tell him his topic du jour is not really welcome, in a serious way. Not getting double entendres.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jul 2017, 12:20

K wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
K wrote:I remember someone complaining (moaning - not reporting) just before GM was banned and lots of other people agreeing - the post in question was by fake GoogaMooga - if it may have been a thread. In fact, it may have been fake GoogaMooga bumped loads of threads by real GoogaMooga - something like that. I'm not the board's archivist so you'll need to ask Gash for details.

Funny thing memory, isn't it? You can't even be certain whether it was a post or a thread or whether Fake Googa had bumped up threads.

So basically it's conjecture on your part.

Well, no, I checked and found fake GoogaMooga bumped 29 threads just before GoogaMooga was banned.

Well, yes, because you do not know why Jethro did it. The end. And yet you are stating things as if they are fact.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 12:21

I miss Kowalski, whatever happened to it?

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 12:24

The Savage Young Gash wrote:I miss Kowalski, whatever happened to it?

Who?

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 12:26

Rayge is the best thing to hit BCB since fange. Beautiful boys both.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 12:27

The Savage Young Gash wrote:
The Savage Young Gash wrote:I miss Kowalski, whatever happened to it?

Who?

Exactly :)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Jul 2017, 12:29

Thang-y wrote:
K wrote:
Rayge wrote:I wouldn't dream of attempting to answer for gash or for skope, whose motives remain obscure to me),

Yeah, stopped reading at this point, to be honest.

So you didn't read the much more reasonable possible explanation for Googa's disappearance. Ignorance is bliss.

Were you on the board at that time? I thought you joined quite recently.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jul 2017, 12:39

Thang-y is not an alias.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 31 Jul 2017, 12:49

Hodgson pretends to not know who Thang-y is every time they're mentioned.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jul 2017, 12:55

I wasn't clear what you meant by this, that's all:

Although Thang-y is not an alias, I have no idea who is.

I thought you'd missed out an "if" and you were suggesting that she was an alias of Rayge which is something others appear to maintain they are

Return to “Nextdoorland”