**BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

him

yeah
15
63%
no
9
38%
 
Total votes: 24

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 10322
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Rayge » 31 Jul 2017, 19:43

sloopjohnc wrote:Yeah, if you could call multiple personality disorders as "interesting."


TS:DR
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 594
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Robert » 31 Jul 2017, 19:50

Walk In My Shadow wrote:
The Prof wrote: Googa.......he still haunts us.



...from his Copenhagen room, one wall filled with comics the other with the collected works of James Last.
just leaving a narrow path filled with crushed Kult Kola cans leading to the front door. The front door where his mum leaves him food and cigarettes.


Who here wouldn't want him back on BCB. The poor sod.


I can just picture it Yves!! :lol:

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 594
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Robert » 31 Jul 2017, 19:52

Diamond Dog wrote:
TL;DR wrote:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote: Also: not 'sensing' the moment when others tell him his topic du jour is not really welcome, in a serious way.


Hmmm


I thought hmmm too....


Yep, pretty hmmm-worthy!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25570
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby toomanyhatz » 31 Jul 2017, 19:58

BCB picks its scabs.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

User avatar
fire and fueryIre
Posts: 8749
Joined: 04 May 2011, 02:57
Location: Accredited BCB Pain in the Arse

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby fire and fueryIre » 31 Jul 2017, 20:01

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Rayge just became the most interesting member on the board after that thread.


Yeah, if you could call multiple personality disorders as "interesting."



Well in fairness he's hardly alone in having multiple ids in here. If you're giving out about that, in the kingdom of multiple aliases, Coan is the king.


He's also the Prince Regent, The Crown Prince and the Young Pretender (aka Bonnie Prince Coanie to his friend, Dorothy.)

The only person on the male side of the royal family he apparently isn't laying claim to be is one of the two princes who got murdered by having red hot p*kers jammed up their jacksies. That said, a few posters here are probably already working on rectifying that particular oversight.
Last edited by fire and fueryIre on 01 Aug 2017, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15250
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby The Great Defector » 31 Jul 2017, 20:05

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:When people were giving goog abuse did his lack of social skill, due to a mental issues or whatever, ever come in to play when deciding on how to respond or treat him?


Who is this addressed to?

It was Jethro's decision to ban him and not one that was explained at the time.
This is all conjecture and no one (including K) knows the exact breaking point for Jethro. What K's quite selective account doesn't tell you is shortly before the ban Googa started a post in YY attacking Jeemo and another that many took to be very anti-Islam and borderline racist.
I'm not saying these were the reasons for the ban...I don't know. Or that I agreed with the ban. But it didn't happen in a vacuum, his actions were responsible for what happened to some degree.



It was directed at people who gave goog the short straw for the sake of it and just because they could.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 594
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Robert » 31 Jul 2017, 20:08

g wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:When people were giving goog abuse did his lack of social skill, due to a mental issues or whatever, ever come in to play when deciding on how to respond or treat him?


Who is this addressed to?

It was Jethro's decision to ban him and not one that was explained at the time.
This is all conjecture and no one (including K) knows the exact breaking point for Jethro. What K's quite selective account doesn't tell you is shortly before the ban Googa started a post in YY attacking Jeemo and another that many took to be very anti-Islam and borderline racist.
I'm not saying these were the reasons for the ban...I don't know. Or that I agreed with the ban. But it didn't happen in a vacuum, his actions were responsible for what happened to some degree.
[/quote]
Not going to look it up sothat I can link to it but people
were quite abusive to him and asking for him being banned long before any anti-islam thing
he may have said. No secrets about that:Coan

User avatar
The Modernist
Posts: 8107
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby The Modernist » 31 Jul 2017, 20:10

I doubt John has that kind of influence over Jethro though.

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 594
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Robert » 31 Jul 2017, 20:13

The Modernist wrote:I doubt John has that kind of influence over Jethro though.


I doubt that too but it may have served to remove
certain thresholds.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34309
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby yomptepi » 31 Jul 2017, 20:27

I hope all this bad blood over ancient history isn't going to make G have second thoughts about coming back.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
THE FILING FEE
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12982
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby THE FILING FEE » 31 Jul 2017, 20:42

I'll hound him off before the week's out! Don't you worry!
BB wrote:The exodus of posters from here over the years can be put directly at your door. Many people don't agree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34309
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby yomptepi » 31 Jul 2017, 20:52

Dr. B. Eef wrote:I'll hound him off before the week's out! Don't you worry!


* rubs hands together *
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22431
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Copehead » 31 Jul 2017, 22:14

Goat Boy wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
They couldn't even do a circle jerk right because none of them would want to stroke anyone's else's dick but their own.


Image

L to R . Coan, Gash , Skope, Yomp, SOT, Yellowjacket, Googamooga, DD



is it just me or does anybody else watch this and start singing the oompah loomah song?


Try a speeded up Agadoo
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62989
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 22:23

Count Machuki wrote:Although this was a hoot:

Diamond Dog wrote:
Funnily enough, he doesn't seem too keen to ask for the exact details of this particular farrago, does he?


synonyms: hodgepodge, mishmash, ragbag, potpourri, jumble, mess, confusion, mélange, gallimaufry, hash, assortment, miscellany, mixture, conglomeration, medley


NICE, PrinceofPeace


I love that word. So much so I threw it somewhat casually into a town council meeting earlier.

Other great words - dichotomy.

I used that too.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 31 Jul 2017, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
David Duke wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists.”

Image

User avatar
K
Posts: 6306
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: do you miss Googamooga?

Postby K » 31 Jul 2017, 22:26

Diamond Dog wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Although this was a hoot:

Diamond Dog wrote:
Funnily enough, he doesn't seem too keen to ask for the exact details of this particular farrago, does he?


synonyms: hodgepodge, mishmash, ragbag, potpourri, jumble, mess, confusion, mélange, gallimaufry, hash, assortment, miscellany, mixture, conglomeration, medley


NICE, PrinceofPeace


I love that word. So much so I threw it somewhat casually into a town council meting earlier.

Other great words - dichotomy.

I used that too.

What about the related verb: farraginous ?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62989
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: **BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 22:32

That's so arch.
David Duke wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists.”

Image

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 36883
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: **BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 31 Jul 2017, 22:39

changing the title is just chicken.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62989
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: **BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 22:49

It's the familiar trend.
David Duke wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists.”

Image

User avatar
Sneehosifatz
Posts: 9517
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: **BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

Postby Sneehosifatz » 01 Aug 2017, 00:27

for those who are just joining us AFTER the thread name change: a vote of "yeah" means you'd like to have sexual relations with Anna Kendrick and a "no" vote means you wouldn't.
There is Titus Andronicus,
Titus Andronicus
wearing a snorkel
in my pool

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58720
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: **BCB PAAAAAAARTY!!!**

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 00:29

Classic Rock Sneelock wrote:for those who are just joining us AFTER the thread name change: a vote of "yeah" means you'd like to have sexual relations with Anna Kendrick and a "no" vote means you wouldn't.


How do I change my vote, quick?
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Prof and 2 guests