Anyone been to see the Pink Floyd show at the V&A

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
fire and fueryIre

Anyone been to see the Pink Floyd show at the V&A

Postby fire and fueryIre » 28 Jul 2017, 12:37

Will be in the UK in late August trying to sort out the wife's passport problems (don't ask) and just noticed this was still running.

Anyone here been and is it worth seeing? If i't anything like the Revolution show they did last year it should be terrific

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Anyone been to see the Pink Floyd show at the V&A

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Jul 2017, 12:45

I went. It was fucking brilliant. Just go.

I did a write up in YY but not one person responded, so I just assumed everyone has me on ignore.
Romani ite domum

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Jul 2017, 12:46

I stand corrected : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134853&p=3861471&hilit=pink+floyd+exhibition#p3861471

One response.

And most probably a pointless piece of shit from the pointless piece of shit.
Romani ite domum

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 28 Jul 2017, 13:02

I went last week. There's something quite odd about shuffling round a gallery with headphones on in silence. With dozens of other people.

It was well done though the thing with a lot of exhibitions like this is that there are other people there too! Getting in the way! Standing infront of things you want to see! Not shifting!
The recreation of the UFO club was quite good. All the props and models from The Wall showed how HUGE they were. (not giving too much away here, am I?) Nice film(s) at the end.

It did make me want to put all the Floyd stuff on afterwards.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 28 Jul 2017, 13:03

The Prof wrote:I went last week. There's something quite odd about shuffling round a gallery with headphones on in silence. With dozens of other people.

It was well done though the thing with a lot of exhibitions like this is that there are other people there too! Getting in the way! Standing infront of things you want to see! Not shifting!
The recreation of the UFO club was quite good. All the props and models from The Wall showed how HUGE they were. (not giving too much away here, am I?) Nice film(s) at the end.

It did make me want to put all the Floyd stuff on afterwards.

Fekkin hippy.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 28 Jul 2017, 13:10

There was a Spitfire in there!

kewl klive
cultural defective

Postby kewl klive » 28 Jul 2017, 13:21

AFAIK there was a post but the OP didn't get a response from the people he was after so pass/agg-ily dealt with the only person throwing him a bone :lol:
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.

Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 28 Jul 2017, 13:50

Diamond Dog wrote:I stand corrected : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134853&p=3861471&hilit=pink+floyd+exhibition#p3861471

One response.

And most probably a pointless piece of shit from the pointless piece of shit.

Sorry, Pete, missed it. Thanks for the capsule review though.Probably will go and see it as the V&A stuff is normally pretty good. Wasn't in the UK for the Bowie one but was well impressed with Revolution

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 28 Jul 2017, 19:05

Yes. It's brilliant. Did three hours and booking to go again. Only downside was, despite numbers apparently being restricted, there were still too many people in there. If you are an impatient misanthrope like me, you just get fed up waiting to get close enough to some stuff to see/hear it and skip it. That's why I am going to go back.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2017, 11:05

Nikki Gradual wrote:Yes. It's brilliant. Did three hours and booking to go again. Only downside was, despite numbers apparently being restricted, there were still too many people in there. If you are an impatient misanthrope like me, you just get fed up waiting to get close enough to some stuff to see/hear it and skip it. That's why I am going to go back.

I booked for the first group at opening time, which helped, but - as you say- it did get very busy at certain 'pinch points'....

I would like to go back too - it was a great three hours or so.
Romani ite domum

Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad

Postby Pat O'Banton » 08 Oct 2017, 10:54

I went yesterday and loved it though, let's face it, who's interested in the post-Wall stuff? I suppose they had some interesting album covers after that but nothing to compare with the first fourteen years. Nat and I both loved the mixing desk.

I'd go again if it was free to get in. It isn't though - far from it.
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 08 Oct 2017, 12:24

Pat O'Banton wrote:I suppose they had some interesting album covers after that but nothing to compare with the first fourteen years.

I kind of got the idea that the exhibition was just as much about Storm Thorgerson/Hipgnosis and Gerald Scarfe as it was about Pink Floyd themselves. I think that is why I like it so much. It was great to see that single secondary school photo that featured Thorgerson, Waters and Barrett. Plus the accounts about the Animals photo shoot were illuminating.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 08 Oct 2017, 12:48

I'm in London over half term and quite close to the V&A but I'm not sure I'll convince my wife and kids to go to this
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Pat O'Banton
Utter Cad

Postby Pat O'Banton » 09 Oct 2017, 07:20

I think it finishes this week.
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 09 Oct 2017, 15:59

Nikki Gradual wrote:Plus the accounts about the Animals photo shoot were illuminating.

Just out of interest, is much made about the field where the pig ended up after the first day?
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 09 Oct 2017, 20:56

billy wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:Plus the accounts about the Animals photo shoot were illuminating.

Just out of interest, is much made about the field where the pig ended up after the first day?

Not about the field specifically, but there are some very funny accounts of its escape and the realisation of what they had done in releasing a giant inflatable pig into one of the world's busiest flightpaths, then seeing it drifting off and then getting a call from someone who had found a giant pig.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 10 Oct 2017, 07:15

This bit appears to be non deletable.
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 10 Oct 2017, 07:16

Nikki Gradual wrote:Not about the field specifically, but there are some very funny accounts of its escape and the realisation of what they had done in releasing a giant inflatable pig into one of the world's busiest flightpaths, then seeing it drifting off and then getting a call from someone who had found a giant pig.

I recently found out that it came down in a farmer's field, next door to a house belonging to the parents of one of my son's mates, in Godmersham, Kent. I've often since wondered whether any images of the rescue exist? Never seen anything mind, so I doubt it.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 10 Oct 2017, 09:49

I rather enjoyed the exhibition, and I am a huge fan of the band, but it was no David Bowie Is, was it?
Neil Young Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one

COLIN LAND
hounds people off the board

Postby COLIN LAND » 10 Oct 2017, 09:56

The Slider wrote:I rather enjoyed the exhibition, and I am a huge fan of the band, but it was no David Bowie Is, was it?

I don't really get all this 'Museum of Rock' business, to be honest. Looking at old costumes behind glass, reading tiny bits of text, seeing photos of when they were at school.

I would have enjoyed the Bowie thing more if it hadn't been full of old people standing in the same place for 10 minutes.

And it ain't cheap.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Your essay needs to be in before 5.00 tomorrow Dougie.

:D :D :D

One of the finest replies in BCB's history.