Kath! Help!!!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Kath! Help!!!

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 01 Jul 2017, 19:42

As you can see I somehow lost my Dart/Mule logo that you made for me.

I feel naked without it!

:cry:
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

sloopjohnc

Re: Kath! Help!!!

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Jul 2017, 19:46

I dunno, Kath. Teach him a lesson on losing logos. If you bend this time, he'll just do it again.

Tough love.

What if he lost your '73 Long Beach Auditorium bootleg of Deep Purple you let him borrow? Would you be so kind, then?

Well?
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Jul 2017, 19:50

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of Walk in My Shadow naked, so help him out.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Jul 2017, 23:28

mwhaha, sloop.

well, yves, i discovered certain photobucket problems just last night, when my avatar disappeared, the one i've had up for eleven damn years. photobucket has suddenly decided that it will not allow you to post any of yer images to other sites. they have disabled all graphic image linking... unless you agree to pay four hundred fucquin dollars for the privilege.

this means that every image i have ever posted here, for example, hundreds of album cover mashups, all the pics in the beezle thread, etc, *poof*. those images are still on my photobucket; they're just being held for ransom. i'm sure i have most of em still on my computer, too, but it's a right fucquin bitch. the bastards.

reap managed to put up my avatar somewhere else so it could be linked, but i'm gonna hafta find a new site and start a-gnu.

i'm sure i still have yer avatar pic somewhere. it'll take a lil digging. if you have yer own uploading site that *aint* photobucket, i can just email you the pic. if you don't, you can wait for me to get back up and running with a site, and i will re-link you. it won't take me long. i neeeed to post letter images for the prog cup.

kath

Postby kath » 02 Jul 2017, 02:51

okayyy, yves, i'm using this image place as a stopgap. i do have a long term move in the works, in case sites wish to fucque with me some more.

keep it. it's yers.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Jul 2017, 05:34

Weird. I use Botophucket myself for my avatar and signature and lots of other things, and this hasn't happened to me... yet

kath

Postby kath » 02 Jul 2017, 09:12

Charlie O. wrote:Weird. I use Botophucket myself for my avatar and signature and lots of other things, and this hasn't happened to me... yet

if you google "photobucket com p500", you'll find lotsa people bitchin about it, so it aint just me.

be forewarned, anyway.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 02 Jul 2017, 11:35

sloopjohnc wrote:I dunno, Kath. Teach him a lesson on losing logos. If you bend this time, he'll just do it again.

Tough love.

What if he lost your '73 Long Beach Auditorium bootleg of Deep Purple you let him borrow? Would you be so kind, then?

Well?

:D :D :D
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Jul 2017, 21:31

kath wrote:mwhaha, sloop.

well, yves, i discovered certain photobucket problems just last night, when my avatar disappeared, the one i've had up for eleven damn years. photobucket has suddenly decided that it will not allow you to post any of yer images to other sites. they have disabled all graphic image linking... unless you agree to pay four hundred fucquin dollars for the privilege.

this means that every image i have ever posted here, for example, hundreds of album cover mashups, all the pics in the beezle thread, etc, *poof*. those images are still on my photobucket; they're just being held for ransom. i'm sure i have most of em still on my computer, too, but it's a right fucquin bitch. the bastards.

reap managed to put up my avatar somewhere else so it could be linked, but i'm gonna hafta find a new site and start a-gnu.

i'm sure i still have yer avatar pic somewhere. it'll take a lil digging. if you have yer own uploading site that *aint* photobucket, i can just email you the pic. if you don't, you can wait for me to get back up and running with a site, and i will re-link you. it won't take me long. i neeeed to post letter images for the prog cup.

Photobucket deleted my whole library last year so I don't use them anymore.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 02 Jul 2017, 22:34

I HATE PHOTOBUCKET

They were shit then, and they're super-shit now.

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Jul 2017, 22:40

What service do you use, Loki? (assuming you use one)

kath

Postby kath » 02 Jul 2017, 22:53

sloopjohnc wrote:Photobucket deleted my whole library last year so I don't use them anymore.

ugh. they've only ever deleted select pics of mine (album covers with boobs send em into shit fits), but loki's right. they've gotten worser and worser. for some time now, they've gunked up the place with soooo many ads coming from all directions, at times blockin out the whole page... i would hafta take several times uploading or trying to access uploaded pics, it just wasn't really worth it. so you could tell the direction they were heading in; namely, broken links and internet highway robbery.

(even though charlie didn't ask me, i am now using imgur. no, i am no expert on such places, but so far, the uploading and linking is lightning fast. that being said, i don't know how they feel about album covers with boobs.)

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Jul 2017, 22:55

thanks, kath!

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 02 Jul 2017, 23:21

Charlie O. wrote:What service do you use, Loki? (assuming you use one)

kath's got it - now it has so many ads that it's barely useable. They keep changing their format, and it's difficult to maneuver.

I haven't bothered with it for a few years now (haven't switched).

You like imgur, kath?

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

kath

Postby kath » 02 Jul 2017, 23:37

Loki wrote:You like imgur, kath?

i love it... so far. i signed up for an account. it was fast and easy. clicked on my name. it took me four seconds to hit the upload prompt, click my file, and have it uploaded. then clicked on the uploaded pic and instantly the codes for posting came up in the sidebar, the direct link option provided with a button click.

stick it in the image tags here... done.

once you have an account, which took no time anyway, we are talking seconds. zero gunk.

if i should have any probs with this place, i will let y'all know.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 04 Jul 2017, 18:00

Photobucket news item today -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668
Matt Harringay wrote:European sweets invading our culture.

kath

Postby kath » 07 Jul 2017, 20:31

Samoan wrote:Photobucket news item today -

thanks for that.

i hope the powers-that-be over there get rickets. or scurvy. or beri beri. keel hauling?

algroth

Postby algroth » 07 Jul 2017, 23:05

This is as good a time as any to recommend others to make a DeviantArt account and use their sta.sh service. As weird as that community may be, that can easily be ignored so long as the only thing you care is their image-hosting services: sta.sh is a much easier-to-use, ad-free, and actually *PRIVATE* alternative to Photobucket, as far as image-hosting sites I've tried. I jumped off the Photobucket bandwagon a couple of years ago already and am really not at all surprised by this change in policy - they are stupidly greedy and have been for some time.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Jul 2017, 00:32

algroth wrote:

This is as good a time as any to recommend others to make a DeviantArt account and use their sta.sh service. As weird as that community may be, that can easily be ignored so long as the only thing you care is their image-hosting services: sta.sh is a much easier-to-use, ad-free, and actually *PRIVATE* alternative to Photobucket, as far as image-hosting sites I've tried. I jumped off the Photobucket bandwagon a couple of years ago already and am really not at all surprised by this change in policy - they are stupidly greedy and have been for some time.

i do agree with what you say about using deviantart as an image-hosting service. in principle, anyway. i myself have never used it for that purpose, so i don't know how good they are in that respect. i trust you on that front.

i have a particular problem with them, which is really irrelevant when it comes to the subject at hand. after the beezle died, i wanted to find a place where i could post all her art, so i went to deviantart. i sent a few emails to the head poobahs, asking if it was okay if i used the place to put up all beezle art. me being a... second party, i guess.

they told me no. what's more, i understand their approach and rationale.

no actual point here. but that ended that route for me.

the moral of the story: i have my own domain name now, and i will post whatever i will. once i get my fucquin act together. i have learnt many things in my dodderage. namely, fucque everybody else's rules.