Grenfell Tower Fire - London

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Grenfell Tower Fire - London

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jun 2017, 04:48

Dear Lord
I've never seen such a thing.
Everybody ok, or anybody have people there? I have no idea where bcb Londoners stay.

Awful stuff

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board

Re: Grenfell Tower Fire - London

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 14 Jun 2017, 04:50

The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jun 2017, 04:53

Doctor Ian Le wrote:https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

:shock:

November 2016?
What to make of THAT?!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jun 2017, 04:57

Poor folks in that building. I haven't heard estimates but there have got to be lots of lives lost.
:(

Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 14 Jun 2017, 04:58

It's awful. It's distressing enough to see something like this, but then you read about the neglect (and it's clear that's what it is) - just appalling.

I've been watching the live camera on the BBC for at least the past hour. They're saying that quite a few people were evacuated but there are going to be many casualties too.

Tragic, just heartbreaking.
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 14 Jun 2017, 06:31

What a terrible thing, and to read what is essentially a prophecy in that blog.. :(
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 14 Jun 2017, 07:37

Doctor Ian Le wrote:https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

That's fucking awful.

Hope that not too many people are killed or badly hurt or have their lives destroyed by this and that the fuckers at KCTMO end up having whatever other properties they "look after" taken off them and getting serious jail time for what has happened at Grenfell.

Ragye

Postby Ragye » 14 Jun 2017, 09:06

what a terrible thing to wake up to. I'm in bits.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Jun 2017, 09:45

It's one of those nightmare scenarios, isn't it? Trapped in a burning building. Poor souls.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 14 Jun 2017, 09:49

Count Machuki wrote:

:shock:

November 2016?
What to make of THAT?!

Jesus.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 14 Jun 2017, 10:06

Apparently the residents of G and nearby blocks have been complaining about KCTMO for four fucking years. Genuinely horrifying

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 14 Jun 2017, 10:09

fueryIre wrote:Apparently the residents of G and nearby blocks have been complaining about KCTMO for four fucking years. Genuinely horrifying

Agree (who could not?) -

shocking. I hope there will be legal consequences.

How is the UK law regarding these matters?
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 Jun 2017, 17:28

BBC reporting 12 dead now, and around 70 in hospital.

Horrific, it really doesn't bear thinking about too closely.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 Jun 2017, 17:40

A lot of people on social media indulging in political pointscoring over this, while the dead are still being counted.

Two quotes from friends on FB sum up my thoughts:

Just a thought: any chance we could wait to find out if fire service cuts bear any relation to the horror in West London before banging on about fire service cuts in relation to the horror in West London?

Because if we don't, it kind of looks like we're more interested in point-scoring than showing the slightest consideration for the death and suffering that has taken and is taking place.

And that's a pretty shitty look.

Shout out to all the experts on structural engineering, estate management and fire safety who I never knew lurked on my timelines.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

K

Postby K » 14 Jun 2017, 22:40

Nick wrote:
Shout out to all the experts on structural engineering, estate management and fire safety who I never knew lurked on my timelines.

Speaking to my dad, who is an expert on fire safety, he said he was shocked by what he saw. Buildings like that should be proofed so it is very hard for the flames to spread. The "stay put" policy is quite common because rooms should act like fire boxes and contain the fire for a long time so the emergency services can deal with it. On rare occasions the flames rise so high from a window they reach the window above but he was horrified at seeing the flames rise up the outside of the building. It means the fire spreads quickly and the service can do nothing more than try to extinguish the flames, they can't get in to the building like that.

Those poor people - it's heartbreaking. I actually can't watch people talking about being inside it.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
I assume this is one of Gash's 'jests'

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 14 Jun 2017, 23:46

a fucquin hellish nightmare.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jun 2017, 23:57

Nick wrote:A lot of people on social media indulging in political pointscoring over this, while the dead are still being counted.

Two quotes from friends on FB sum up my thoughts:

Just a thought: any chance we could wait to find out if fire service cuts bear any relation to the horror in West London before banging on about fire service cuts in relation to the horror in West London?

Because if we don't, it kind of looks like we're more interested in point-scoring than showing the slightest consideration for the death and suffering that has taken and is taking place.

And that's a pretty shitty look.

I get both sides.

I don't think people are being purposefully inconsiderate in situations like these, just the opposite in their minds I believe, I think they just are a little too quick on the draw.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 15 Jun 2017, 04:14

Nick wrote:A lot of people on social media indulging in political pointscoring over this, while the dead are still being counted.

Yes - some real barrel scraping stuff going on today. Very embarrassing.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Jun 2017, 08:04

The video was tough to watch. How horrific. No way a building should go up like that.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Jun 2017, 08:53

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Yes - some real barrel scraping stuff going on today. Very embarrassing.

I also found the tone of some of the reporting (the BBC being particularly bad) very ghoulish... "So who is in there you know?" "My cousin and his son" "How old is the son?" "12" "Twelve! Really, he's only twelve..."....... That kind of sensationalist bullshit.
Diamond Dog wrote:I've just backed "Conservatives With No Overall Majority" at 4/1. So there!

Return to “Nextdoorland”