Trump qualities

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
THE FILING FEE
hounds people off the board

Re: Trump qualities

Postby THE FILING FEE » 19 May 2017, 09:46

Toby wrote:
'O' wrote:speaks JUST THAT LITTLE BIT LOUDER THAN ANYONE WOULD NEED TO IN ANY SITUATION

I remember meeting a pair of middle aged American tourists in the Med somewhere on a ferry and they said in all in seriousness,

"Hey, did you know America is in the Bible? Noah looked out of the Ark and saw"

I thought it was a joke. I laughed.

Anyone would think it was a joke! Ark-an-saw?

This means they must have heard it, rather than read it. Which suggests someone told them, and they were making a joke in the first place!

GAH
BB wrote:The exodus of posters from here over the years can be put directly at your door. Many people don't agree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 May 2017, 10:04

I've met a few American Christian fundamentalists types. There was this lass I tried to chat up in a hostel once and we were getting on pretty well until I asked her what she thought about homosexuals. She was fantastically polite mind which somehow made it worse. Very Stepford wives. I ended up simply walking away.

I did some jungle trek/treehouse/gibbon spotting nonsense in Laos a few years back and we were sharing the treehouse with a Christian couple. Very straight but very nice. There was this Australian lesbian couple who were especially amorous and couldn’t keep their hands off each other and you could tell it wound them up but they were so polite they couldn’t say anything. On the way back from the trek me and my mates were sat in the back of a ute and they were in the seats and we were taking the piss something chronic. We thought they couldn’t hear us but they had the windows open and presumably heard everything. They didn’t even say goodbye after that. I did feel bad but, man, it’s hard sometimes.

That’s the thing with people like that. They may think some dumbass shit but they usually won’t say anything rude or nasty cos they are unfailingly polite. Very Ned Flanders. Although the first lass did say I was going to hell but she didn't mean anything bad by it. It was all very matter of fact. Truthfully, it really turned me on.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 19 May 2017, 11:04

Goat Boy wrote: There was this lass I tried to chat up in a hostel once and we were getting on pretty well until I asked her what she thought about homosexuals. She was fantastically polite mind which somehow made it worse. Very Stepford wives. I ended up simply walking away.

Same thing kinda happened me in uni. Chatting to girl, smart, cute etc. Said she was part of the "CU", I stupidly didn't ask what "CU" stood for. Anyway met her on the bus one day and she seemed angry. I asked her what was up, and there must have been a vote on abortion or something because she was saying how evil it was and quoting the bible. So yeah "CU" turned out to be the "Christian Union" and she was pretty much a hardcore religious type.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 May 2017, 14:04

'O' wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:
This assumes that a citizen would have the opportunity in the first place to vote for or against an individual. In the case of the House of Lords, which seems the exemplify precisely that class system, there is no opportunity, as I understand the institution.

In the US, there are hereditary dynasties, which are powerful but also unofficial and are predicated on wealth. The idea of an "official" hereditary line of political power would strike most Americans are bizarre...

...except those who voted for the second Bush or the second Clinton.

It wasn’t meant to be an entirely serious comment although it was meant to illustrate a cultural difference between how we perceive the rich and how Americans do.

Plus he’s loud, arrogant, brash, awful etc. Trump is like the stereotype of the American tourist I grew up with: baseball cap, bum-bag, chewing gum, rude to waitresses, complaining about customer service etc. He winds Brits up on a molecular level

speaks JUST THAT LITTLE BIT LOUDER THAN ANYONE WOULD NEED TO IN ANY SITUATION

fucking hell they've got us dead to rights, guys
:( :cry: :(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 19 May 2017, 14:07

I had lunch yesterday with an obnoxious former co-worker from my record store days. It was, as usual, a one way conversation, but everyone in the restaurant (a small BBQ joint, to be fair) could hear every word of what he said. And I'm sure he's cool with that. He's very impressed with what he has to say and is always speaking to a broader audience. Whether they like it or not.
Last edited by Still Baron on 19 May 2017, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 May 2017, 14:09

I'm a mumbler by nature and this low-level depression doesn't help
So that LOUD TALKING thing drives me clean up the wall and makes me anxious, actually
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

neville harp
cultural defective

Postby neville harp » 19 May 2017, 14:16

Diamond Dog wrote:I can only suggest you check the FB thread The Prof started about us - and see how well you did in that me old china.

K wrote: (But I am happily married, John)

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 May 2017, 14:23

it me
:(

I actually do still have some idea of societal norms so I up my volume when needs be.
Feels like shouting, though.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 May 2017, 14:23

also FUCK TRUMP

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 May 2017, 14:24

Count Machuki wrote:I'm a mumbler by nature and this low-level depression doesn't help
So that LOUD TALKING thing drives me clean up the wall and makes me anxious, actually

Oh I'm a mumbler too.

I hate loud people

Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 19 May 2017, 14:29

Still Baron wrote:I had lunch yesterday with an obnoxious former co-worker from my record store days. It was, as usual, a one way conversation, but everyone in the restaurant (a small BBQ joint, to be fair) could hear every word of what he said. And I'm sure he's cool with that. He's very impressed with what he has to say and is always speaking to a broader audience. Whether they like it or not.

You should invite him to BCB.

THE FILING FEE
hounds people off the board

Postby THE FILING FEE » 19 May 2017, 14:49

Goat Boy wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I'm a mumbler by nature and this low-level depression doesn't help

Oh I'm a mumbler too.

I hate loud people

I hate loud people too but you have to make yourself heard otherwise what's the point of saying anything?

I have some students who I can't hear. They mumble and they won't speak up, even when I ask them to. Others can't hear them either. Fucking waste of time.
BB wrote:The exodus of posters from here over the years can be put directly at your door. Many people don't agree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 19 May 2017, 15:05

'O' wrote:
I have some students who I can't hear. They mumble and they won't speak up, even when I ask them to. Others can't hear them either. Fucking waste of time.

Probably your intimidating stature.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 May 2017, 15:11

'O' wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Oh I'm a mumbler too.

I hate loud people

I hate loud people too but you have to make yourself heard otherwise what's the point of saying anything?

Because not everybody understands that they aren't be understood initially

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 19 May 2017, 15:24

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I don't think he wanted to be President. I think he wanted to win an election. Being President is just the prize...and he's not going to give up a prize he won, because dammit...it's his!

What Donald wanted more than anything was to have Hillary Clinton's outcome, that is, to win the popular vote, but lose the electoral vote.

What he would have done in that situation is set up a TV/cable/media empire to sell things like Trump wine, Trump meat (example slogan: "You haven't tried rump steak until you tried Trump steak."). He would have sold a lot of stuff.

You know who the real winner is of Trump being president? Fox. Had he lost and set up his own media empire, he would have gone after Fox and taken away a significant part of their marketshare.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 19 May 2017, 15:26

Goat Boy wrote:I've met a few American Christian fundamentalists types. There was this lass I tried to chat up in a hostel once and we were getting on pretty well until I asked her what she thought about homosexuals. She was fantastically polite mind which somehow made it worse. Very Stepford wives. I ended up simply walking away.

So. You were trying to chat her up. For what purpose?

I normally leave 'deep' subjects out of the conversation until I've at least had fingers and tops.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Ragye

Postby Ragye » 19 May 2017, 15:28

'O' wrote:[I hate loud people too but you have to make yourself heard otherwise what's the point of saying anything?

An interesting query. I'm not sure I've managed sufficient honing on the half-prepared quippy answer that prompted me to press the reply button, so I'll shelve that and ask another question. Apart from simple functional statements aimed at affecting the actions of others, what's the point of saying anything anyway?
I'm assuming 'point' implies meaning or utility, and without disappearing down any ontological rabbit-holes, I'm becoming more inclined to think the most of what I say out loud (which isn't a lot considering how much time I spend on my own) is just an extension of the internal stream, a story I tell Me about what's going on in and around me, and so is essentially for my own solipsistic benefit, a way for me to find out what's going on and / or incidentally to entertain myself and anyone in earshot. There's no point to it as such, no import beyond the comfort we all take in human noises (erm, I may b e a bit stoned).
I may getting off topic here, so rather than leave this is in the thread-crapping thread, can I just say
Boo! FuckFart sux!
and go and do something useless somewhere else
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 19 May 2017, 15:30

Fonz wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I've met a few American Christian fundamentalists types. There was this lass I tried to chat up in a hostel once and we were getting on pretty well until I asked her what she thought about homosexuals. She was fantastically polite mind which somehow made it worse. Very Stepford wives. I ended up simply walking away.

Fundies take it up the arse.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 19 May 2017, 15:55

The man is as bright as a one-watt bulb
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 19 May 2017, 22:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Fonz wrote:

Fundies take it up the arse.

Everyone knows they're not allowed to have normal sexual intercourse unless they're married, so instead they just have filthy, depraved nasty sex, which apparently doesn't contravene any codes of conduct. :D
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

Return to “Nextdoorland”