Trump qualities

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
fueryIre

Re: Trump qualities

Postby fueryIre » 18 May 2017, 12:55

The Great Defector wrote:
Running a business compared to a country are very two different things...but he hasn't done to badly before he became president.

I can't see how he got that far by just doing EVERYTHING himself without taking advice etc.

Well he'd definitely have had to call in the auditors after he went bankrupt those four (or was it five?) times.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 18 May 2017, 13:39

fueryIre wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
Running a business compared to a country are very two different things...but he hasn't done to badly before he became president.

I can't see how he got that far by just doing EVERYTHING himself without taking advice etc.

Well he'd definitely have had to call in the auditors after he went bankrupt those four (or was it five?) times.

True. Haven't some of the richest people in the world been bankrupt a few times before they got rich? Maybe not 4 times though.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Ragye

Postby Ragye » 18 May 2017, 14:27

The Great Defector wrote:True. Haven't some of the richest people in the world been bankrupt a few times before they got rich? Maybe not 4 times though.

Yeah but he was rich to start with, got it all from daddy. The man hasn't got a fucking clue how to run anything honestly.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 18 May 2017, 14:29

Ragye wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:True. Haven't some of the richest people in the world been bankrupt a few times before they got rich? Maybe not 4 times though.

Yeah but he was rich to start with, got it all from daddy. The man hasn't got a fucking clue how to run anything honestly.

Very few would know how to run a business 100% honestly.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 May 2017, 14:49

he's privilege made flesh
how i despise him
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 May 2017, 14:52

Six String wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
Yeah, but now that he's created such a clusterfuck, nothing will get done in Congress.

And, as it happens, the S&P, the Dow, and the dollar are all falling this week, due in no small part to the political turmoil and the realization that nothing big will be happening anytime soon (as far as "reforms" go).

300 points at last count for the Dow.

It's surprising it has lasted this long.

it really is. I figured there'd be an orgiastic first quarter followed by a drop but he managed to eke out a few extra months.

I've got $13K to make for the damn Symphony before the end of the month - Trump isn't fucking helping small-time donors feel generous. :x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 18 May 2017, 16:43

Count Machuki wrote:
I've got $13K to make for the damn Symphony before the end of the month - Trump isn't fucking helping small-time donors feel generous. :x

Ask his daughter, she would.

I mean, I would.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 May 2017, 17:25

Walk In My Shadow wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

I mean, I would.

Great! Thank you so, so much. Which kind of credit card would you like to use?
:)

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2017, 17:46

Yesterday's commencement speech at Coast Guard Academy defined a couple Trump traits - perpetual victim and it's always all about him.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 May 2017, 18:15

sloopjohnc wrote:Yesterday's commencement speech at Coast Guard Academy defined a couple Trump traits - perpetual victim and it's always all about him.

Yes, that was shameless opportunism.
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 18 May 2017, 18:29

Count Machuki wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

I mean, I would.

Great! Thank you so, so much. Which kind of credit card would you like to use?
:)

You know well I meant I would ASK her. :evil:
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Classic Rock Sneelock

Postby Classic Rock Sneelock » 18 May 2017, 18:39

I get the point of the thread. He used to be funny on Letterman and things like that. He had a REGIS factor. it's all gone. he opens his mouth and mean comes out. And it's not smart & funny mean like Don Rickles or (for that matter) Regis. it's old guy who yells at the TV mean. I'm amazed so many people found this "refreshing". don't they know any old guys who yell at the TV?
sloopjohnc wrote:Oingo fucking Boingo?

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 18 May 2017, 19:04

'O' wrote:
And he does seem to have a genuine interest in creating American jobs, in helping out 'his people'. That patriotic thing isn't all bad.

No? Is this a waste of time?

Yes. It's a waste of time.

The notion that any US president can create jobs is nonsense, and yet, this question gets trotted out at every debate.

A politician can destroy jobs by wreaking the economy, but a politician can't create jobs...unless that politician, let's say, threatens to drop a bomb unless so-and-so country buys US goods or does something coercive like that.

Politicians don't create products or services that people buy nor do they have the power to make, let's say, somebody in Italy buy an American car. They are basically cheerleaders on the sidelines.

You go to a baseball game. Your team, the San Diego Padres, are playing. They win. Crediting the president for creating jobs is like crediting the team mascot, in this case, a big overstuffed chicken, for the win.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 18 May 2017, 19:12

take5_d_shorterer wrote:
'O' wrote:
And he does seem to have a genuine interest in creating American jobs, in helping out 'his people'. That patriotic thing isn't all bad.

No? Is this a waste of time?

Yes. It's a waste of time.

The notion that any US president can create jobs is nonsense, and yet, this question gets trotted out at every debate.

A politician can destroy jobs by wreaking the economy, but a politician can't create jobs...unless that politician, let's say, threatens to drop a bomb unless so-and-so country buys US goods or does something coercive like that.

Politicians don't create products or services that people buy nor do they have the power to make, let's say, somebody in Italy buy an American car. They are basically cheerleaders on the sidelines.

You go to a baseball game. Your team, the San Diego Padres, are playing. They win. Crediting the president for creating jobs is like crediting the team mascot, in this case, a big overstuffed chicken, for the win.

*actually, the Padres official mascot is 'The Swinging Friar', a big overstuffed monk.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 18 May 2017, 19:16

Thanks for the jobs, Padre!

toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 18 May 2017, 19:18

Coincidentally, that's the exact same way Donald Trump holds a baseball bat.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 18 May 2017, 19:21

I just wish he had a longer....skirt? I'm not really up to date on Monk fashion, and I don't want to see the mouse out of the house.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2017, 19:24

take5_d_shorterer wrote:You go to a baseball game. Your team, the San Diego Padres, are playing. They win. Crediting the president for creating jobs is like crediting the team mascot, in this case, a big overstuffed chicken, for the win.

Sadly, the Chicken has been relegated to minor league baseball games.

Some athletes don't know when to hang 'em up.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2017, 19:28

'O' wrote:I do honestly think, for all his bravado, that behind closed doors he's more likely to defer to other people, to delegate, than you might think. He's aware of his own limitations.

I don't think there has ever been anyone more ill equipped for the job than Trump.

He is so far out of his depth it is astonishing.

If he was aware of anything at all beyond his own colossal hubris we we wouldn't be in this perilous situation.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 May 2017, 19:59

Like I said in the other thread I see him as an accidental winner of the election, like Chauncey Gardner. Instead of Gardner's quaint gardening references voters thought were pithy political metaphors, Trump spewed insults and off the cuff proclamations which were clearly inappropriate for the circumstance of a US presidential election but in the end he bettered HRC. At least Trump's dumb shit sounded real.

Now I see him as a Shakespearian tragic figure. Having won this election and then screwing things up so badly what might Shakespeare have him do? If this were a Russian movie he'd throw himself off Trump Tower. If it were an American movie he'd get the psychiatric help he needed all along and save the world. Shakespeare will have him stabbed in the back by his beautiful daughter only to have him push the nuclear bomb button.
I love you.

Return to “Nextdoorland”