Trump qualities

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board

Trump qualities

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 17 May 2017, 21:27

I know, I know. He's a racist, misogynistic prick, a liar, the worst President ever. An idiot who made it to the top because of the preferences of other idiots.

BUT

I bet he can be really charming.

And he does seem to have a genuine interest in creating American jobs, in helping out 'his people'. That patriotic thing isn't all bad.

No? Is this a waste of time?
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Re: Trump qualities

Postby clive gash » 17 May 2017, 21:30

The result of his policies will end up being beneficial to (what's left of) the World - far fewer Americans.
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

Diamond Dog wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury, I must confess.

(meme here)

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 21:36

Ask Jimbo
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 17 May 2017, 21:38

I think that most people who run for President are genuinely interested in creating American jobs and all that.
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

KATANGA MY FRIEND!

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 17 May 2017, 21:41

Yeah, I suppose so.

Maybe narcissists who hold high office inadvertently help people in some way.

You know, like losing your sight means food tastes better.
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

KATANGA MY FRIEND!

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 17 May 2017, 21:43

And maybe he's learning. Never too late for that.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 17 May 2017, 21:43

I suggested on the other thread that if he manages to grow the economy and keep it stable, then I suspect most people in the US wouldn't give two fucks about all the other stuff, even if it is just rampant short-termism.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 17 May 2017, 21:56

Toby wrote:I suggested on the other thread that if he manages to grow the economy and keep it stable, then I suspect most people in the US wouldn't give two fucks about all the other stuff, even if it is just rampant short-termism.

Yeah, but now that he's created such a clusterfuck, nothing will get done in Congress.

And, as it happens, the S&P, the Dow, and the dollar are all falling this week, due in no small part to the political turmoil and the realization that nothing big will be happening anytime soon (as far as "reforms" go).
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2017, 00:57

Still Baron wrote:
Toby wrote:I suggested on the other thread that if he manages to grow the economy and keep it stable, then I suspect most people in the US wouldn't give two fucks about all the other stuff, even if it is just rampant short-termism.

Yeah, but now that he's created such a clusterfuck, nothing will get done in Congress.

And, as it happens, the S&P, the Dow, and the dollar are all falling this week, due in no small part to the political turmoil and the realization that nothing big will be happening anytime soon (as far as "reforms" go).

300 points at last count for the Dow.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 18 May 2017, 04:51

I don't believe he cares about that stuff a fraction as much as he cares about tooting his own horn. If he quit being POTUSA tomorrow, do you think his OWN hiring practices would improve? Would the conditions and situations of his employees?

He'll continue to take credit and lay blame as his mood dictates. He doesn't give a shit about jobs. He just likes adoring crowds.
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Is the Edge bald or cold?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 May 2017, 05:16

sneelock wrote:I don't believe he cares about that stuff a fraction as much as he cares about tooting his own horn. If he quit being POTUSA tomorrow, do you think his OWN hiring practices would improve? Would the conditions and situations of his employees?

Would he suddenly start paying people who do work for him?

He doesn't give a shit, he clearly isn't learning, and he ain't-a gonna change.

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 May 2017, 05:24

sloopjohnc wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

300 points at last count for the Dow.

It's surprising it has lasted this long.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 18 May 2017, 09:40

'O' wrote:No? Is this a waste of time?

He appears to be good to his kids and seems to genuinely want them to continue his name and legacy. It helped his campaign that all of his grown children stood by him. But he does say sexually suggestive things about his daughters, he allegedly referred to one of his sons as a "retard" on tape and there's a telling clip of him going to kiss Tiffany and she lunged in the opposite direction to avoid him. So maybe they're just there for the money. Thats all I could come up with.

KATANGA MY FRIEND!

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 18 May 2017, 09:56

I do honestly think, for all his bravado, that behind closed doors he's more likely to defer to other people, to delegate, than you might think. He's aware of his own limitations.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 18 May 2017, 10:35

I don't think anyones doubting that. You're supposed to delegate. Its not a quality, its a necessity.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 May 2017, 10:39

Tactful Cactus wrote:I don't think anyones doubting that. You're supposed to delegate. Its not a quality, its a necessity.

Yup. The three top rules of management success are meant to be,

1. Delegate
2. Delegate
3. Delegate
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

KATANGA MY FRIEND!

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 18 May 2017, 10:42

Tactful Cactus wrote:I don't think anyones doubting that.

I think a lot of people are! He has a reputation for not listening, of going it alone. I'm saying he's happy to relinquish power.

I reckon enough people have disabused him of this daft wall idea that it might fade away altogether over the coming months.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 18 May 2017, 10:58

Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 11:37

'O' wrote:I do honestly think, for all his bravado, that behind closed doors he's more likely to defer to other people, to delegate, than you might think. He's aware of his own limitations.

He has no desire to be an autocrat. He wants other folks to do the heavy lifting whilst he signs some executive orders and plays golf.

It reminds me of that scene in Withnail where Richard E Grant says “we’ve gone on holiday by mistake”.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 18 May 2017, 12:48

Running a business compared to a country are very two different things, but I think like some of you that he must be somewhat a good delegator and consult when it comes to business. I know he got a million to start off with from his dad, but he hasn't done to badly before he became president. I can't see how he got that far by just doing EVERYTHING himself without taking advice etc.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Return to “Nextdoorland”