Oxford Student Who Stabbed Her Boyfriend Could Be Spared Jail Because She Has ‘Extraordinary’ Talent

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Great Defector

Oxford Student Who Stabbed Her Boyfriend Could Be Spared Jail Because She Has ‘Extraordinary’ Talent

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 16:47

fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

sloopjohnc

Re: Oxford Student Who Stabbed Her Boyfriend Could Be Spared Jail Because She Has ‘Extraordinary’ Talent

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 16:55

This seems vaguely similar to the story of the Stanford swimmer that got a light sentence for rape because he was a star athlete at a prestigious school.

I think they should send her to Fremont, CA, as punishment and put me in charge of her under house arrest.

She is kinda hot.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

The Great Defector

Re: Oxford Student Who Stabbed Her Boyfriend Could Be Spared Jail Because She Has ‘Extraordinary’ Talent

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 16:58

sloopjohnc wrote:This seems vaguely similar to the story of the Stanford swimmer that got a light sentence for rape because he was a star athlete at a prestigious school.

Yeah that's what I thought, but I'm sure it would then which is worse, stabbing and physical abuse or rape? That's a big can of worms.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 17:15

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:This seems vaguely similar to the story of the Stanford swimmer that got a light sentence for rape because he was a star athlete at a prestigious school.

Yeah that's what I thought, but I'm sure it would then which is worse, stabbing and physical abuse or rape? That's a big can of worms.

Pschologically? Rape.

My ex never stabbed me for anything, but she threw stuff at my head. She's not the kind to go on drug and drink-fuelled rages so I felt pretty safe there.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 17:16

I'm not really asking the question, I'm just suggesting that that's what this MIGHT end up being stripped down to.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 17 May 2017, 17:53

I think they should send her to Fremont, CA, as punishment and put me in charge of her under house arrest.

She is kinda hot.

Really?

The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 17 May 2017, 17:54

Longest thread title ever?
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 17 May 2017, 18:12

Dafty stirs the swamp.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 18:18

You don't know the details so you can't really make judgements.

Was it a one off thing? Does her substance abuse and her "troubled life" mitigate her actions?

If she goes into her chosen career how many people could she help?

I believe in second chances and maybe she deserves one, I dunno.

Would she be treated differently if she wasn't an Oxford educated whizz kid? Sure.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 17 May 2017, 18:18

'O' wrote:Longest thread title ever?

Yo.

And a quite wonderful song title.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 19:52

Surely you've that record.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 17 May 2017, 19:54

Goat Boy wrote:You don't know the details so you can't really make judgements.

Was it a one off thing? Does her substance abuse and her "troubled life" mitigate her actions?

Would she be treated differently if she wasn't an Oxford educated whizz kid? Sure.

Would you want her treating you if you found out about this or at least make you think twice?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 19:58

No. If she's surgeon or a doctor then clearly there is a system in place to deal with negligence etc.

I mean she's not gonna stick a bread knife in my leg in the operating room or in the doctors office, is she?
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 17 May 2017, 20:01

Surely you've that record.

Nothing close to this.
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 17 May 2017, 20:01

Would she be treated differently if she wasn't an Oxford educated whizz kid

Would you want her treating you if you found out about this or at least make you think twice?

She's good with a blade
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 17 May 2017, 20:34

Didn't the evidence suggest that she had been treated badly by ex-boyfriends?

I knew someone who stabbed her boyfriend in the leg with scissors in front of loads of people. He was an absolute arse to her and she flipped. You wouldn't think she would be capable of such actions if you met her, proving that people do the strangest things to each other in detrimental relationships.

Nick

Postby Nick » 18 May 2017, 13:11

Yes, I'm always very wary of commenting much on stories like these, because A) we usually don't know all the facts and details, and B) most of us aren't lawyers, and there are often circumstances and technicalities in the cases that we're not aware of.

You saw it with the case recently about the bloke who made his girlfriend drink bleach, and the judge was reported as saying that she wasn't especially vulnerable (in a strictly legal sense) and everyone got on their high horses about it, cue outraged social media posts and endless fucking petitions online.

But if you read, for example, the Secret Barrister's blog about that one, it suddenly seemed much less sensational and outrageous.

The SB's take on this case is worth reading too. Always very level-headed and clear.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2017/05/16/an-oxford-medical-student-stabbed-her-boyfriend-with-a-bread-knife-so-why-is-she-not-going-to-prison/
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 18 May 2017, 13:19

Goat Boy wrote:No. If she's surgeon or a doctor then clearly there is a system in place to deal with negligence etc.

I mean she's not gonna stick a bread knife in my leg in the operating room or in the doctors office, is she?

I know May and her cronies are cutting back on funds to the NHS, but surely they can still run to the odd scalpel and syringe

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 18 May 2017, 14:27

Amazing site nick, thanks.

So BCB lawyers.
The only question I would have if she's going to not get a prison sentence, can the judge make her pay for medical and physiological damage of is that a different case.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 19 May 2017, 07:17

I believe in giving (most) people a second chance. And to be fair, which one of us hasn't got stoned off our gourd and stabbed someone in the leg with a bread knife? Let them cast the first stone.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Return to “Nextdoorland”