Any Current Word On G?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22147
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2017, 12:48

Goat Boy wrote:The skope banning was a low point.


He made more comebacks than Frank Sinatra :lol:
Hardly a massive trauma.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 12:51

he was a BCB legend. One of the funniest and rudest posters. He entertained me which is more than most do around here.

I miss him and G.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12875
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 May 2017, 13:02

To be fair I met G twice whilst holidaying in Bromley.

A great guy - lots of fun, walked 2 minutes for both meetings, generous and knowledgeable.

Top man, honestly.
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12875
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 May 2017, 13:02

skope though, WORRACUNT
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 13:09

Worse than Plaxico!
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12743
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 18 May 2017, 13:22

Goat Boy wrote:He entertained me which is more than most do around here.


You'd get more entertainment out of looking at a pair of old shoes, it's true.

Unless you're keen to improve your knowledge of avocado shelf-life or recently-deceased '50s tambourine players, that is.
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33066
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby PENK » 18 May 2017, 13:26

'O' wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I think it was our treatment of googamooga what did it


Our treatment of skope, I think


I think it was GoogaMooga's treatment of skope. Harrowing stuff.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12875
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 May 2017, 13:28

'O' wrote:Unless you're keen to improve your knowledge of avocado shelf-life or recently-deceased '50s tambourine players, that is.


:o

Teddy "Jangles" Emberson has died?
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33066
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby PENK » 18 May 2017, 13:30

clive gash wrote:
'O' wrote:Unless you're keen to improve your knowledge of avocado shelf-life or recently-deceased '50s tambourine players, that is.


:o

Teddy "Jangles" Emberson has died?


Yep. He ate an unripe avocado. If only he'd prodded it first.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12875
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 May 2017, 13:31

:(
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?


User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 13:39

Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22147
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2017, 13:49

Goat Boy wrote:Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright


I'm not sure whether you know,, he was afterall very guarded about it, but 'Skope was a vegan :?

Not a tedious virtue-signalling blow-hard in any way shape or form. no sir.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12743
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 18 May 2017, 13:52

PENK wrote:
clive gash wrote:
'O' wrote:Unless you're keen to improve your knowledge of avocado shelf-life or recently-deceased '50s tambourine players, that is.


:o

Teddy "Jangles" Emberson has died?


Yep. He ate an unripe avocado. If only he'd prodded it first.


:lol:
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 14:12

Deebank wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright


I'm not sure whether you know,, he was afterall very guarded about it, but 'Skope was a vegan :?

Not a tedious virtue-signalling blow-hard in any way shape or form. no sir.


Speaking of blow hards how's your brother these days? Is he furiously analysing polling data?
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38462
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 18 May 2017, 14:15

Goat Boy wrote:Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright


Does anyone know who this 'Ragye' character is?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Goat Boy » 18 May 2017, 14:17

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright


Does anyone know who this 'Ragye' character is?


It's Rayge apparently.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Ragye
Posts: 437
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 08:22

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Ragye » 18 May 2017, 14:19

Goat Boy wrote:he was a BCB legend. One of the funniest and rudest posters. He entertained me which is more than most do around here.

I miss him and G.


Yes to all of that (although I find more entertainment than you here), plus we actually had a lot in common in our lives, and he was always friendly and indeed helpful in PMs. I always respected his beliefs about food, too, which helped.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38462
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 18 May 2017, 14:20

Goat Boy wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Skopes into his fruit and veg, eh?

God I hope he's alright


Does anyone know who this 'Ragye' character is?


It's Rayge apparently.


Oh.

Ho hum.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Ragye
Posts: 437
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 08:22

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby Ragye » 18 May 2017, 14:22

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Does anyone know who this 'Ragye' character is?


It's Rayge apparently.


Oh.

Ho hum.

Yeah Rayge reached 9999 posts so I thought I'd switch to an alias (formerly an innocent bystander) until I found something worth going into five figures for.
There's a clue in the sig

Nothing to see here.
Move right along.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

User avatar
The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective
Posts: 12875
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: Any Current Word On G?

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 18 May 2017, 14:23

Yeah OK "Ragye".
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes


Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury


Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?



Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests