violence

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board

violence

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 14 May 2017, 16:29

Have you ever kicked anyone up the arse?

Ever punched anyone?

Ever headbutted anyone?

Ever slapped anyone across the face?

Ever seen a big fist-fight?

Ever been in a big fist-fight?

Ever seen knives or other weapons used against someone?
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

sloopjohnc

Re: violence

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2017, 17:11

Literally? No.

Ever punched anyone?

Yes

Ever headbutted anyone?

No

No.

Yes. Freshman year of high school, we had race riots. The kids bused in from East Palo Alto, highest murder rate per capita at the time of any city in the US, didn't dig going back and forth and seeing all the big fancy houses in San Carlos,where we went.

Yes.

No knives, but guns, yes. A couple times. They were never used though - just brandished.

Why are you asking this?

My son is at the age where he wants to wrestle with me and play fight. I still win every time because I am the aggressor. I got into a fair amount of fights when I was younger and I told him a couple of techniques I found that work is don't fuck around and strike first and to constantly keep coming because it doesn't give the other guy time to react and puts people on their heels.

My dad put my brother and I in a boxing program when we were kids and I wrestled a couple years in high school because my PE teacher was the wrestling coach and recruited me out of class. I had a brother a year younger than me and we were always fighting - I don't have a lot of fear with all that, but I am older now and it's never a very good example with my son. I'm way too old for that shit now.

My dad boxed in the Marines and was pretty tough - he didn't approve of fighting, but that didn't seem to stop me or my brother in high school.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 17 May 2017, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 May 2017, 17:43

I was kind of feted as a hero once when at a keg party our rooming house was throwing a small group of punk rocker types came in the open front door and started fucking shit up, just making nuisances of themselves. Something inside me got to boiling. You know where President Harrison Ford says, "Get off my plane!" Well, I spread my arms out, scooped up the group and shoved them all out the door while saying, "Get out of my house!" Out on the porch I got some punches and kicks but I managed to shove them down the steps and said something like, "And don't come back!" Back in the house I got some back slaps and to prove I had been in a fight someone pointed out on the crotch of my beige chinos was a Doc Martin footprint.
I love you.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2017, 19:53

Jimbo wrote:Back in the house I got some back slaps and to prove I had been in a fight someone pointed out on the crotch of my beige chinos was a Doc Martin footprint.

:lol:

Testicles of stone!

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 14 May 2017, 20:24

Have you ever kicked anyone up the arse? no

Ever punched anyone? no

Ever headbutted anyone? no!

Ever slapped anyone across the face? when I was 11 or 12

Ever seen a big fist-fight? At football in the 70s

Ever been in a big fist-fight? no. Been thumped a couple of times, but I don't fight back

Ever seen knives or other weapons used against someone? No

I don't get out much
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 May 2017, 22:20

'O' wrote:Have you ever kicked anyone up the arse?

Ever punched anyone?

Ever headbutted anyone?

I played rugby in the 80s so yay to all but the last and slapping someone, that would be considered a bit formal on the rugby field.

To be fair it wasn't that often that I was involved, I was entirely retaliationary as I was there to enjoy playing a sport rather than indulge my violent fantasies, people who were there for the violence usually came off in a worse state than anyone else as they got ganged up on and stomped. They either gave up playing or got promoted on to better things where their violence was more appreciated - see Wade Dooley.
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Postby clive gash » 14 May 2017, 23:49

Which cunt wants to know?
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

Diamond Dog wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury, I must confess.

(meme here)

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 15 May 2017, 09:23

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

No, I don't get involved in all that violence lark, if trouble starts I just hide in a corner whimpering.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 15 May 2017, 09:59

I've kicked someone's backside to push them over. Does that count?

Ever punched anyone?
My brother, when we were kids, 'cos brothers fight. As an adult, only once. I was in a pub with a pal and our respective girlfriends. There was an idiot drunk who kept tapping me on the shoulder. I would turn round and sometimes he said nothing, other times he was making remarks about one or both of our girlfriends; slightly lascivious but not wholly improper. It grew increasing tiresome, as you can imagine, as we were just trying to have a nice evening. I asked him several times, politely, to stop, but after a dozen or so times my generally calm nature was being put to the test. Another tap on the shoulder. I turned round, and he said "Any chance I could f*** your bird?" I snapped and told him in to STFU. He squared up to me and drew his arm back to make a swing at me and before he could I punched him on the jaw. He fell to the floor and was out cold, though I think this was more to do with the amount that he had drunk than the strength of my punch. He came to a few minutes later, and was told by the landlord (the father of another pal of mine) to leave the pub and go home.

A week or so later I was back at the pub and he was there again. Drunk again, but he came over and apologised.

That was about 30 years ago. I generally don't think that violence is appropriate behaviour, unless in self defence.

Ever headbutted anyone?
Nope.

No.

Yes. There were a few when I was at school.

Sod that.

Thankfully, no.
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 15 May 2017, 10:13

So...FWIW, I grew up in an abusive household where dad beat the kids and wife. Every day was a hold your breath from 5:30 when dad got home until he went to bed sort of day. And after mom died, I was working minimum wage gigs to support my kid brother and was super poor, so I lived in some desperately bad neighborhoods. No go zones. Places the cops don't come when you call, taxis won't go...places where you sleep in the bathtub on some nights because of stray bullets. Seriously...bad places. So my experiences with violence are higher than most peoples. But it's not like I'm some hard, bad ass. I'm librarian-like, motherly, quiet, geeky, awkward and shy.

Up the arse? No. My foot didn't go UP the arse. I have kicked someone's buttocks though. Head too. Guts. Balls. Jumped on them and tore hunks of hair off their skull. Bit them. And that was just at a Covenant show for fucksakes.

Ever punched anyone?
Yes. Oh yes, yes, yes. I'm very unpleasant if you threaten people I love.

Ever headbutted anyone?
Yep. More than once and not the same person. I cracked my skull and concussed myself and had a whopper of an ostrich egg as a result.

Yes indeedy. Ruptured an eardrum doing it once too! The eardrum was unintentional damage. I haven't bitch slapped anyone since though. I really didn't mean to rupture his eardrum and he could have been deaf as a result which he did not deserve. Thankfully he was not deafened and so I'm careful not to slap people anymore, but...truthfully I don't regret slapping him.

Sure.

Sure. Fights happen in venues with alcohol. I worked as security for concert halls and rock venues and was a barback and venue manager at clubs.

Seen? Yes! Used, no. I've seen knives, broken bottles, baseball bats, hunk of rebar, a pipe, a big ass wrench, floor lamps, desk lamps, chairs, candlesticks, a plank from someone's yard fence and once in TJ, even a bullwhip! At times my life has been like LARP cluedo.

Horrible but true, I heard a man attack his ex-wife with an ax once. Not a very nice night in Fremont.
--m.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 15 May 2017, 10:37

I've been punched, and I've punched back.
I've been in a punch-up 2(us) against 5(them) and came out of it badly.
I've squared up to people, most recently last year after a minor car scrape. This bloke pulled his fist back and lunged at me. I dodged and that was the end of it. He was a little squirt of a bloke; I'm 6'2" and weigh 220lb. I should have twatted him but I'm not aggressive. I think I would have been disappointed in myself if I had hit him, much as he deserved it. Any satisfaction would have been short-lived.
I've been stabbed with a little knife at a FNM gig. Could have ended badly but it was a flesh wound, and I didn't feel it at the time. Got a scar on my chest. I show it to girls to impress them.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 May 2017, 12:17

Yes

Ever punched anyone?

Yes

Ever headbutted anyone?

Nope

Nope

Yeah

Nope

Yeah
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Nick

Postby Nick » 17 May 2017, 10:22

When I was a kid, yes. People did that sort of thing all the time.

Ever punched anyone?

Yes.

Ever headbutted anyone?

I don't think so. When we were kids we used to fight all the time at school, sometimes just 'funfights', and other times in earnest. I think I went to a fairly average high school in the mid-to-late 80s, but it does seem to me in retrospect that casual violence was pretty commonplace. I wasn't much cop at fighting and so I got knocked about a fair bit. It was just how it was.

I don't think so.

No.

No.

I've seen police in India hitting people with lathis (a type of fighting stick, usually around 5ft long, commonly carried by cops in the subcontinent). They look like they can give you a nasty clout.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 May 2017, 12:31

No

Ever punched anyone?

Yes

Ever headbutted anyone?

No

No

Yes - many.

A couple. Not of my making but in self defence.

Yes. I have a scar on my forehead caused by someone bottling me on New Years Eve many years ago.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 17 May 2017, 15:49

Only in a playful way

Ever punched anyone?
Too many times to mention
Ever headbutted anyone?
Yep
I don't think I have
Many times
Many times
I've been shot at and mortared and CS gassed. I've been threatened with knives, baseball bats, a crossbow and interestingly a garden hoe. When I was working in trauma I saw the results of weapons damage hundreds of times. It aint pretty.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 May 2017, 15:59

I've never done or seen any of this stuff BUT I TELL YOU WHAT I plan to stay on Jumper K's good side
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 17 May 2017, 17:25

Count Machuki wrote:I've never done or seen any of this stuff BUT I TELL YOU WHAT I plan to stay on Jumper K's good side

All done in my impetuous youth, except the trauma work. I'm only slightly sociopathic these days Count.

Nick

Postby Nick » 17 May 2017, 17:28

Don't believe it. Only moments after this was taken he climbed inside and Blitzkrieged his way across Dorset.

Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2017, 17:31

Nick wrote:Don't believe it. Only moments after this was taken he climbed inside and Blitzkrieged his way across Dorset.

Dorset is hardly the Russian Front.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 17 May 2017, 17:32

sloopjohnc wrote:
Nick wrote:Don't believe it. Only moments after this was taken he climbed inside and Blitzkrieged his way across Dorset.

Dorset is hardly the Russian Front.

More so than California, err hang on a minute....

Return to “Nextdoorland”