cooking

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 11 May 2017, 20:57

I've just got in from work and I'm hungry and I can't be arsed cooking. But I have to, really.

What do you do, eh?
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27845
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: cooking

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 May 2017, 21:00

This is where batch cooking and freezing is your friend. We don't have to cook anything for lunch and tea this week as I did it all last week. Bliss!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 9267
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Steaming Metropolis

Re: cooking

Postby Samoan » 11 May 2017, 21:01

I toast.
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 11 May 2017, 21:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:This is where batch cooking and freezing is your friend. We don't have to cook anything for lunch and tea this week as I did it all last week. Bliss!



I never freeze anything.
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27845
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: cooking

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 May 2017, 21:36

Well tough titty then!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2046
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: cooking

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 11 May 2017, 21:54

Crisps


on toast.
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58072
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: cooking

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 22:01

Breef wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:This is where batch cooking and freezing is your friend. We don't have to cook anything for lunch and tea this week as I did it all last week. Bliss!



I never freeze anything.


WTF?
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58072
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: cooking

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 22:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:This is where batch cooking and freezing is your friend. We don't have to cook anything for lunch and tea this week as I did it all last week. Bliss!


Even with my meager cooking skills, that's what I do. Last night, Derek and I made beef stew in the slow cooker and will freeze most of it.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 11 May 2017, 22:17

Stews are OK but stir-fries and stuff doesn't come out well after being defrosted.
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14321
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: cooking

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 22:20

Is take away off the table altogether?
Last edited by The Great Defector on 11 May 2017, 22:43, edited 2 times in total.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 11 May 2017, 22:26

The Great Defector wrote:Is take off the table altogether?


Anyone?
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14321
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: cooking

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 22:43

Breef wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Is take off the table altogether?


Anyone?


Predictive text, like yourself can be a cunt.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 11 May 2017, 22:46

oooooofffffffff!!!!!!
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58072
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: cooking

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 22:48

Breef wrote:Stews are OK but stir-fries and stuff doesn't come out well after being defrosted.


That is true.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27845
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: cooking

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 May 2017, 03:20

Nonsense! I'm always freezing stir fried noodles and whatnot. In fact there are seven of them in the freezer right now.
Defrosting before reheating makes a big difference in texture.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 28732
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: cooking

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 11:41

Do what I do and eat the same shit every day!

This week I have been eating: fish cake (20 mins in the oven), boiled tatties and kale. Minimum effort. Keeps you regular. Job done.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.



Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 12248
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: cooking

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 12 May 2017, 12:26

kale my arse
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 28732
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: cooking

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 12:36

I decided to change things this week. I normally have green beans.

I'm a bit crazy like that
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.



Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14321
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: cooking

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 13:30

fish cakes my arse.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58072
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: cooking

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 14:01

Minnie the Minx wrote:Nonsense! I'm always freezing stir fried noodles and whatnot. In fact there are seven of them in the freezer right now.
Defrosting before reheating makes a big difference in texture.


I agree with John and I think he means more stir-fried veggie stuff. I don't think they freeze very well. I wouldn't freeze them and would just make enough for one serving. Just noodles is something else entirely.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jeemo and 2 guests