Chris Pratt Apologizes For.......

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Great Defector

Chris Pratt Apologizes For.......

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 19:23

posting video some deaf people found offensive

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/5/chris-pratt-apologizes-for-posting-video-that-some/

:roll:

Hehehehehe, his surname's "Pratt".
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Re: Chris Pratt Apologizes For.......

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 11 May 2017, 21:53

Crisp Rat
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 22:14

Brand of crisps/chips in Canada?
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 12 May 2017, 07:59

Listen!

To paraphrase Derek and Clive
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 09:09

Ahhh the outrage followed by the ubiquitous apology and celebrity penance
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 12 May 2017, 09:35

On a similar note, I was reading somewhere that the one minute's applause that replaced the oft-dissed one minute's silence has now itself been deemed as being offensive - this time to deaf people.

As a result, many eventgoers are now being asked to pay their respects by lifting their arms and starting to shake them in a movement called "Jazz hands" (careful how you type that!).

Wonder how long it will be before a blind person finds out about and is offended by what is a very visual and therefore surely highly discriminatory way of paying one's respects

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 09:40

I found out at work the other day that apparently using the phrase "brain storm" is offensive to people with epilepsy.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 12 May 2017, 10:09

Goat Boy wrote:I found out at work the other day that apparently using the phrase "brain storm" is offensive to people with epilepsy.

I was deemed offensive for a while and was replaced by the phrase "brain shower" :? but apparently it's okay now.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 11:54

Goat Boy wrote:I found out at work the other day that apparently using the phrase "brain storm" is offensive to people with epilepsy.

Please, please tell me you're joking.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 11:59

The Great Defector wrote:

No I'm really not. Some lass had been to some work related thing or t'other and they were told this.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 13:08

Goat Boy wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

No I'm really not. Some lass had been to some work related thing or t'other and they were told this.

:( This makes me sad, then I remember I'm going for pints tonight so :D .

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 14:02

Really? Never heard that and I live in the political correctness capital of the world.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 14:05

sloopjohnc wrote:

Really? Never heard that and I live in the political correctness capital of the world.

I don't think it was like an order or anything but a heads up you know?

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Postby clive gash » 12 May 2017, 14:06

Fucking "heads up" :evil:

Well done stigmatising the beheaded you bastard!
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

Diamond Dog wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury, I must confess.

(meme here)

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 14:10

Oh gawd :oops:

Apologies also to the following:

People with large heads
John Merrick
Mentalists

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 14:17

Goat Boy wrote:Mentalists

Define "mentalists" are you talking Derren Brown or crazy bastards that will do anything?

Brutal Kangaroo
Fucking Crackers

Postby Brutal Kangaroo » 12 May 2017, 14:24

Goat Boy wrote:Ahhh the outrage followed by the ubiquitous apology and celebrity penance

It's fucked though, when this moronic bullshit happens it means a cause something more legitimate gets labelled as PC gone mad, and it just gives those alt right siding dickheads another thing to make more pointless noise about.
Goat Boy wrote:Fuck me (please note: this is not a request, I am merely expressing exasperation)

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 14:34

I remember watching a show where they had a few student union heads from UK universities. They were talking about political correctness. One example is for Halloween, most of them had banned Pocahontas outfits, sombreros and men dressing up in woman's clothes as costumes for the student union Halloween party. The reason being this is racist against, native Americans, Mexicans and offensive to transgender and any transvestite students.

Unfortunately the question of, was this researched or polled amongst the "offended" or just put in to practice was never asked.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 May 2017, 23:05

Hugh wrote:I was deemed offensive for a while and was replaced by the phrase "brain shower" :? but apparently it's okay now.

Well, if you're okay with it I guess that's what matters most. Still, I can't imagine how you could have offended anybody, let alone to the point of them replacing you with a phrase like that.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 12 May 2017, 23:09

I heard a woman on the streetcar use the term 'brain freeze' and I hoped to hell there weren't any Inuit folk within earshot.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Return to “Nextdoorland”