A long time go, so surely no one will get hurt, but I have a question ...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: A long time go, so surely no one will get hurt, but I have a question ...

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 16:52

bhoywonder wrote:I never knew that Kenji-san wasn't Japanese. I wondered why he was so knowledgable about Celtic. I put it own to us having signed Shunsuke Nakamura :lol: :oops:

:lol:
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 16:54

martha wrote:Danee and I used to have a running joke about "It puts the lotion on its skin" and Plax because he had said such horrific stuff to us both...but rumor had it that Plax/Chris was nice enough as a human being IRL. He and Dave and Jamie were all quite friendly and they both assured me that despite the death threats and horrible misogyny, he wasn't going to show up and kill my firstborn or boil my cat or anything looney.

Yeah, other than the death threats and misogyny, I'm sure he's a prince.

:roll:

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 12 May 2017, 18:15

Ah but Sloop I was informed by several people that he's perfectly nice in real life and besides he had a massive fuck off sized music collection and he even shared CD's with folks and had a pretty wife, so clearly D and I were probably just being hysterical over-reacting feminazis over his harmless interweb pranking...after all our feelings of fear, concern for our safety and distress over the overt harassment and bullying was just a silly female overreaction to some good natured ribbin' and we should develop thicker skin. That's what I was told anyway. Gotta love Plaxi, he's a horrible nasty troll, but by gumb he's OUR horrible nasty troll, eh what.
--m.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 12 May 2017, 18:16

IRL?
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 12 May 2017, 18:23

Go back to Q.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Postby clive gash » 12 May 2017, 18:23

Wait until you find out who Googa was/is :)
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

Diamond Dog wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury, I must confess.

(meme here)

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 12 May 2017, 18:26

clive gash wrote:Wait until you find out who Googa was/is :)

Shush :?
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 12 May 2017, 18:27

martha wrote:Ah but Sloop I was informed by several people that he's perfectly nice in real life and besides he had a massive fuck off sized music collection and he even shared CD's with folks and had a pretty wife, so clearly D and I were probably just being hysterical over-reacting feminazis over his harmless interweb pranking...after all our feelings of fear, concern for our safety and distress over the overt harassment and bullying was just a silly female overreaction to some good natured ribbin' and we should develop thicker skin. That's what I was told anyway. Gotta love Plaxi, he's a horrible nasty troll, but by gumb he's OUR horrible nasty troll, eh what.

But...but...D moved to Spain! :o
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 May 2017, 18:32

martha wrote:Ah but Sloop I was informed by several people that he's perfectly nice in real life and besides he had a massive fuck off sized music collection and he even shared CD's with folks and had a pretty wife, so clearly D and I were probably just being hysterical over-reacting feminazis over his harmless interweb pranking...after all our feelings of fear, concern for our safety and distress over the overt harassment and bullying was just a silly female overreaction to some good natured ribbin' and we should develop thicker skin. That's what I was told anyway. Gotta love Plaxi, he's a horrible nasty troll, but by gumb he's OUR horrible nasty troll, eh what.

I only vaguely remember him picking on you, Martha, but I do vividly remember him and Spence ganging up on Danée - I pretty much wrote the both of them off after that. (Actually, I'll take credit/blame for hounding Skip off the board over it.)

One thing you and Danée had in common, besides being women, was that you were both women who talked openly and frankly about sexual matters. I guess they didn't like women who dare to do that.

KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 12 May 2017, 18:32

Rayge wrote:

Shush :?

:x
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 12 May 2017, 20:53

You mean he wasn't the chain smoking, Kult Cola swilling, James Last loving Dane he pretended to be?

:shock:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 21:46

You can have him.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 12 May 2017, 23:33

Charlie O. wrote:I only vaguely remember him picking on you, Martha, but I do vividly remember him and Spence ganging up on Danée - I pretty much wrote the both of them off after that. (Actually, I'll take credit/blame for hounding Skip off the board over it.)

One thing you and Danée had in common, besides being women, was that you were both women who talked openly and frankly about sexual matters. I guess they didn't like women who dare to do that.

Yeah, I handled it differently than D did and I think that made a difference in how things were perceived and played out on here. Things resolved for the two of us with him differently, but essentially the whole situation was a standard example of the misogynistic crap women deal with online all the time. I've come to be friends with some of the people who bullied me online over the years, but I've never been a Plaxico fan. I have to say though that Slitsnot was more offensive and rude. I dunno whose alter ego that was but they are a dick.
--m.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 12 May 2017, 23:51

martha wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:I only vaguely remember him picking on you, Martha, but I do vividly remember him and Spence ganging up on Danée - I pretty much wrote the both of them off after that. (Actually, I'll take credit/blame for hounding Skip off the board over it.)

Yeah, I handled it differently than D did and I think that made a difference in how things were perceived and played out on here. Things resolved for the two of us with him differently, but essentially the whole situation was a standard example of the misogynistic crap women deal with online all the time. I've come to be friends with some of the people who bullied me online over the years, but I've never been a Plaxico fan. I have to say though that Slitsnot was more offensive and rude. I dunno whose alter ego that was but they are a dick.

I kind of got the impression that Danee was playing Plax and Skip but that they thought that they they were playing her. When they found out the truth they went ballistic.

Pablo the Donkey

Postby Pablo the Donkey » 13 May 2017, 06:09

Walk In My Shadow wrote:And Pablo the Donkey?
:mrgreen:

Hola, señor Eeb. Pablo still in campo and still no have snowshoes. Pablo no see Ginger Gringo for long time now. Hope is all right.

Pablo wait for him.
dreaming of snowshoes

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 May 2017, 06:28

Well I'll pass on everyones regards to Chris when Yomp & I meet him in London in July.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 13 May 2017, 09:03

Pablo the Donkey wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:And Pablo the Donkey?
:mrgreen:

Hola, señor Eeb. Pablo still in campo and still no have snowshoes. Pablo no see Ginger Gringo for long time now. Hope is all right.

Pablo wait for him.

Comedy gold! :D

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 13 May 2017, 13:15

Cunt is as cunt does and Plax was an A-grade cunt on Mojo4music. What he is like in real life is as irrelevant as how lovely a drunken wife-beater is when he is sober.
"There's nothing more boring than a room full of dopeheads" - Valerie 'Coan' Bingleton

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 May 2017, 14:08

Diamond Dog wrote:Well I'll pass on everyones regards to Chris when Yomp & I meet him in London in July.

I'd like you to. He can have my address and phone number too if he ever wants to come and to California.

Fucking dick.

Some people don't forget that kinda shit Pete. Just because it wasn't directed at me, or you, doesn't makes it right.

K

Postby K » 13 May 2017, 14:13

I missed all of this. Don't recall any of the Plaxico stuff. I remember the name but nothing he ever did.
And I always liked Kenji, especailly when he wrote about soul. I thought it was common knowledge he wasn't Japanese.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Return to “Nextdoorland”