A long time go, so surely no one will get hurt, but I have a question ...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
billy
A pound

Re: A long time go, so surely no one will get hurt, but I have a question ...

Postby billy » 11 May 2017, 13:09

Deebank wrote:At last a conspiracy you're on the inside of J!

Ha! :D
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 May 2017, 15:35

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
billy wrote:I miss Plaxico too

God, why?

To be fair I met Plaxico twice whilst holidaying in Florida.

A great guy - lots of fun, drove hundreds of miles for both meetings, generous and knowledgeable.

Top man, honestly.

Yeah, we've met. He's always been completely cool to me!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 May 2017, 15:36

Jimbo wrote:It may have been me "the yenta" who whispered to another poster that Kenji wasn't Japanese. I thought his act was brilliant and too delicious to not share the secret.

JIMBO!! :x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 16:40

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
billy wrote:I miss Plaxico too

God, why?

A great guy - lots of fun, drove hundreds of miles for both meetings, generous and knowledgeable.

Top man, honestly.

I know you like him, but I can't abide someone who's a complete dickhead on a music forum, or any internet forum for that matter, and completely forget that aspect of someone's personality and want to meet them in real life. I didn't even know anybody very well on the Mojo boards, but he came across like an obscene, crass little baby, along with his toady, that Megh bitch, when people were going to BCB from Mojo. I wouldn't step across the street to spit on either of them.

You're a better man than me, Pete.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 17:12

sloopjohnc wrote: that Megh bitch.

I've a shit memory but was Megh not sound?
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 17:39

The Great Defector wrote:

No, I think she's "sound." Kid P and Griff palled around with her at the Chicago JU of America, I believe. And if that didn't drive you crazy, you're fine.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 May 2017, 17:45

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

No, I think she's "sound." Kid P and Griff palled around with her at the Chicago JU of America, I believe. And if that didn't drive you crazy, you're fine.

As long as Griff wasn't talking about history it would be fine.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 12 May 2017, 05:25

Well Kenji didn't have to actually be of Japanese descent for him to be one of my favorite BCBers. I wasn't bothered by his internet facade hoax or whatever because he never posted shite, and was always friendly and polite.

FWIW I liked Meg. Still friends with her on Facebook. I never understood what Meg did that rendered her so noxious to others here. She wasn't notably close to Plaxico in my memory, but then again I wasn't here for long stretches due to my flouncy habit, so I probably just missed it. I think it's a case of mistaken identity. Someone maybe spoofed her name as a Plaxico alias? She really is a very nice person and I never saw her be anything but friendly here.

Danee and I used to have a running joke about "It puts the lotion on its skin" and Plax because he had said such horrific stuff to us both...but rumor had it that Plax/Chris was nice enough as a human being IRL. He and Dave and Jamie were all quite friendly and they both assured me that despite the death threats and horrible misogyny, he wasn't going to show up and kill my firstborn or boil my cat or anything looney. So thus reassured repeatedly that he was not a dangerous psychopath despite appearances -- I tolerated him, defended his right to free speech at times even -- despite not warming to him personally and the fact that he said some truly reprehensible things to me and others. As a consequence I tend to see Plaxico defended as a somewhat immature but mostly harmless troll. Ah! The internet was young then. Mistakes were made. I still feel badly over my photoshopped Geisha Girl pumpkin patch thing, and that time I went all PMS and laid into Jane for no reason. We all could behave inappropriately eh?

There's not really been anyone here I truly loathed, although a few people have creeped me out and made me wary about participating in mix club and secret santa where my address could get to them. I miss Kenji and Baba and Midnight Special and Take_5 and Spenny and Ced and all the people who have left our little enclave of music obsessives.
--m.

Dr. B. Eef
hounds people off the board

Postby Dr. B. Eef » 12 May 2017, 07:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Top man, honestly.

I know you like him, but I can't abide someone who's a complete dickhead on a music forum, or any internet forum for that matter, and completely forget that aspect of someone's personality and want to meet them in real life. I didn't even know anybody very well on the Mojo boards, but he came across like an obscene, crass little baby, along with his toady, that Megh bitch, when people were going to BCB from Mojo. I wouldn't step across the street to spit on either of them.

He was one of my best buds on Mojo, we exchanged PMs almost daily, talked about pretty much everything.

On the board itself he could be combative and occasionally an absolute arse, but I think some of that was just a facade. He was a decent sort.

And from what I remember of Megh, she was a sweetie!
The Savage Young Gash wrote:Who needs dancing when you have sports and fresh Californian produce?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 May 2017, 07:56

Yeah, I don't understand having a problem with Megh at all! Unless I'm confusing her with someone else (or John is). She's a dear, both when we met in person at the 2007 Chicago JU, and on fb (where we're still friends).

As for Kenji, I'd heard from various sources that he was not actually Japanese, and didn't really care. But I think the fact that it became a big issue here (iirc, when RcL asked about it), sadly, is I think what stopped him coming 'round these parts. Not sure why he didn't either ignore it and keep posting the same way and just not respond to the rumors, or say "ha ha! Cat's out of the bag now!" and keep posting, but it's been over three years now... :cry:
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 May 2017, 09:15

OH THE INTERNET EH

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 09:17

I don't remember Plaxico at all but I wasn't on Mojo for that long and it was some time ago. I have no idea who Megh is.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 12 May 2017, 10:30

Goat Boy wrote:I have no idea who Megh is.

It will come back to you.

"Quite."

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 12 May 2017, 11:04

zoomboogity wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I have no idea who Megh is.

It will come back to you.

:D

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 12 May 2017, 11:35

Never knew about Kenji's real identity and I'm sort of sorry he wasn't Japanese.

Megh was always sweet and she attended a London JY not that long ago.

Where's Angshu?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 12 May 2017, 11:41

And Pablo the Donkey?
:mrgreen:
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 May 2017, 15:54

I never knew that Kenji-san wasn't Japanese. I wondered why he was so knowledgable about Celtic. I put it own to us having signed Shunsuke Nakamura :lol: :oops:

Lovely guy regardless. He used to sometimes buy me Japanese releases of things he knew I'd like and send them to me, gratis, without my even dropping hints. Very generous. I have a bunch of CDRs he sent me of soul stuff I'd never heard of, which I still spin regularly. Very thoughtful guy, with a knowledge of soul music that was only matched by his passion for it.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 May 2017, 16:22

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:It may have been me "the yenta" who whispered to another poster that Kenji wasn't Japanese. I thought his act was brilliant and too delicious to not share the secret.

Somebody (who will remain anonymous) told me, but I kept MY MOUTH SHUT.

The very reason elaborate conspiracy theories don't work (ironically): people like Jimbo.
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 12 May 2017, 16:24

Snarfyguy wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

Quite.
It's a drag he got outed, and it's a drag he split. I miss him.
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 16:51

Snarfyguy wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

The very reason elaborate conspiracy theories don't work (ironically): people like Jimbo.

I think it's ironic that Jimbo is the one that ruined BCB's biggest state secret.

Return to “Nextdoorland”