Would You......

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Would You......

1. Take a demotion so that you can work normal hours (9 to 5, 9 to 1:30 on a Friday) but would take a weekly 40 euro/34 pound/43 dollars hit in wages.
86%
2. Stay where you are, better money, better money once you get promoted than the other job but you have to work 11:45 am to 20:15 pm.
14%

Total votes: 7

Dr Markus

Would You......

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 14:36

1. Take a demotion so that you can work normal hours (9 to 5, 9 to 1:30 on a Friday) but would take a weekly 40 euro/34 pound/43 dollars hit in wages.
2. Stay where you are, better money, better money once you get promoted than the other job but you have to work 11:45 am to 20:15 pm.

Bit of context, I've had one 9 to 5 job in my whole life. Since I was 13, I've worked hotels, night duty in Tescos and discos. Basically late night jobs. I would love a nine to 5 but it would be a step down.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Would You......

Postby Jimbo » 19 Apr 2017, 14:48

Life is too short. Take the easier job with better hours.
Question authority.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 19 Apr 2017, 14:57

Take whatever one keeps you from posting shite on here the most.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Apr 2017, 15:08

I vote A.
I left a job of hideous hours but employment seniority and excellent pay and have a job that's flexible but generally non-taxing, but with no 'promotion' prospects and I could sit in this chair and do it till I die. If I woke up tomorrow and decided I didn't want to come in I wouldn't have to. That sort of flexibility is priceless and makes life so much easier.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 Apr 2017, 15:10

That's not an insignificant loss of wages but quality of life man.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Apr 2017, 15:12

11:45 to 8:15 isn't that bad, is it? At least you get to sleep in a bit in the morning.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 15:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:11:45 to 8:15 isn't that bad, is it? At least you get to sleep in a bit in the morning.

That's the problem I don't want to. I want to also finish early so I can take up BJJ again, play basketball and watch mid week football.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Apr 2017, 15:43

The Great Defector wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:11:45 to 8:15 isn't that bad, is it? At least you get to sleep in a bit in the morning.

That's the problem I don't want to. I want to also finish early so I can take up BJJ again, play basketball and watch mid week football.

Ah, but can you do all those things with a 40 euro pay cut? If so, then go for it.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 16:45

Jimbo wrote:Life is too short. Take the easier job with better hours.

The job is mind numbing, but it would only before a year before I can look for promotion to a slightly better job.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 16:45

Goat Boy wrote:That's not an insignificant loss of wages but quality of life man.

Aye, I'd save that amount easily if I cut down on the Guinness.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Apr 2017, 17:09

The job is mind numbing, but it would only before a year before I can look for promotion to a slightly better job.

Take frequent naps in the toilet like I did.
Question authority.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 17:16

K wrote:Maybe have my job. I basically work 7.30am until 10pm (with a break to put my kids to bed)
Oh, of course I get those amazing "teacher holidays"

Yeah, yeah, I know all about it. I have a unusual amount of friends that are teachers.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Apr 2017, 17:17

Jimbo wrote:

Take frequent naps in the toilet like I did.

Nah, I just have them at my desk.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 19 Apr 2017, 20:27

The 11:45 job is only half an hour longer than the other one, and they're both shorter than what a lot of people do, which is eight hours plus an hour for lunch. Maybe factor in the transportation time and see how much time you'll actually save in the first scenario. Then think about what it's like being on the job -- can you surf the internet with either? are the people cooler in one than the other? that early Fridays is pretty awesome, might they let you out early on other days too?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 20 Apr 2017, 08:49

I work 600 - 1430 and I think I'm pretty blessed tbh, both of those options would make me worse off :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2017, 15:47

So I talked to the head dude in my department and it's a no go. On top of that I'd lose about 7 to 8 grand a year. Bollocks. Still more chance to post on here, so you know, silver lining for you guys.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:47

Minnie the Minx wrote:I vote A.
I left a job of hideous hours but employment seniority and excellent pay and have a job that's flexible but generally non-taxing, but with no 'promotion' prospects and I could sit in this chair and do it till I die. If I woke up tomorrow and decided I didn't want to come in I wouldn't have to. That sort of flexibility is priceless and makes life so much easier.

I did this once when I became a dad for the first time because that meant a lot to me and I do it now so i can be close to the kids, mainly my son, and have lots of flexibility and don't have to work that hard. I think it depends where you are in your career and what you want outside of work.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:48

Quaco wrote:The 11:45 job is only half an hour longer than the other one, and they're both shorter than what a lot of people do, which is eight hours plus an hour for lunch. Maybe factor in the transportation time and see how much time you'll actually save in the first scenario. Then think about what it's like being on the job -- can you surf the internet with either? are the people cooler in one than the other? that early Fridays is pretty awesome, might they let you out early on other days too?

I've done the 10 hours, 4 days when younger and I'd usually spend all of Fridays trying to catch up on my sleep. And I was in my thirties.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:50

Jeemo wrote:Take whatever one keeps you from posting shite on here the most.

:lol:

Maybe we should start a gofundme account for Markus in BCB's name. I think they call that a win-win in business.

Return to “Nextdoorland”