May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby andymacandy » 14 Jul 2018, 10:23

Truth is, by the time we actually get close to negotiating trade deals on our own, should that ever happen, Trump will be history, and we will be dealing with a Democrat.

At least, I fervently hope so.
Bless the weather.......Image

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 10:57

andymacandy wrote:Truth is, by the time we actually get close to negotiating trade deals on our own, should that ever happen, Trump will be history, and we will be dealing with a Democrat.

No one - Democrat, Republican, Chinese Communist or German Eurocrat - is going to do us any favours because we are Britain, they are all going to screw us to the max because we will be medium sized economy with no multinational backing and not an awful lot to sell the world.

The idea that we will be able to strike advantageous trade deals with super powers and trade blocks because we are Britain, and I am not saying this is your view Andy, is delusional.

Estimates as to how much GDP we will lose outside the Customs Union and Single Market are 8-10% and that is a depression sized loss that will not be recovered from ever.

I imagine some people in Government who aren't disaster capitalists ready to make a killing off the destruction of the UK, Hello Rees-Mogg, realise this and that is why we are inching towards a very soft Brexit very slowly.

But the whole thing is some sort of vast national delusion that we are important, deserve respect and will be treated fairly in international trade deals; we will be treated like we treated the Chinese during the Opium Wars and I imagine many countries will thoroughly enjoy making us an impoverished international irrelevance.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 11:01

yomptepi wrote:
Compared to the way Blair was scampering around Bush jr, she is acting with dignity and poise.

Nope, being dragged around like a chattel in front of TV cameras by the American equivalent of Jimmy Saville is far worse than "Yo! Blair!" and a little pray behind closed doors.

She is Ofdonald

Our country is well and truly fucked

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 14 Jul 2018, 11:07

Copehead wrote:
andymacandy wrote:Truth is, by the time we actually get close to negotiating trade deals on our own, should that ever happen, Trump will be history, and we will be dealing with a Democrat.

No one - Democrat, Republican, Chinese Communist or German Eurocrat - is going to do us any favours because we are Britain, they are all going to screw us to the max because we will be medium sized economy with no multinational backing and not an awful lot to sell the world.

The idea that we will be able to strike advantageous trade deals with super powers and trade blocks because we are Britain, and I am not saying this is your view Andy, is delusional.

Estimates as to how much GDP we will lose outside the Customs Union and Single Market are 8-10% and that is a depression sized loss that will not be recovered from ever.

I imagine some people in Government who aren't disaster capitalists ready to make a killing off the destruction of the UK, Hello Rees-Mogg, realise this and that is why we are inching towards a very soft Brexit very slowly.

But the whole thing is some sort of vast national delusion that we are important, deserve respect and will be treated fairly in international trade deals; we will be treated like we treated the Chinese during the Opium Wars and I imagine many countries will thoroughly enjoy making us an impoverished international irrelevance.

No, I agree with all of this. My comments were more aimed at todays speculation on what Trumps comments actually mean. In truth, as usual, very little, and wholly aimed at his home electorate.

I suspect that Mays strategy (if there ever was one) was to keep Davies and Johnson close and high profile, so that they would share the blame when the shit hit the fan.Thankfully, they are gone, and we are inching towards a soft exit.Maybe.

Do we think that Boris is now sufficiently damaged goods that he poses a significantly smaller threat to her than previously? I cant decide.
Bless the weather.......Image

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 12:15

andymacandy wrote:No, I agree with all of this. My comments were more aimed at todays speculation on what Trumps comments actually mean. In truth, as usual, very little, and wholly aimed at his home electorate.

I suspect that Mays strategy (if there ever was one) was to keep Davies and Johnson close and high profile, so that they would share the blame when the shit hit the fan.Thankfully, they are gone, and we are inching towards a soft exit.Maybe.

Do we think that Boris is now sufficiently damaged goods that he poses a significantly smaller threat to her than previously? I cant decide.

He couldn't win last time round and I think his stock has fallen since then within the party, he has shown he has no desire to put in the work required to be a high level politician, he thinks he can wing it it and it has become obvious that he can't.

There has always been a "Stop Boris" majority amongst Tory MPs

I think they'll give it to Javid because they think a leftwing Labour Party won't be able to deal with a Libertarian fantasist because he is Black.

And they think the Left has a problem with identity politics :lol:; as if all politics wasn't based in identity.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 14 Jul 2018, 12:26

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Compared to the way Blair was scampering around Bush jr, she is acting with dignity and poise.

Nope, being dragged around like a chattel in front of TV cameras by the American equivalent of Jimmy Saville is far worse than "Yo! Blair!" and a little pray behind closed doors.

She is Ofdonald

worse than concocting a dossier lies, and then deliberately misleading parliament on a promise of enormous wealth if you carry it off and go to war illegally?

You have a very strange set of values.
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 12:37

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

She is Ofdonald

worse than concocting a dossier lies, and then deliberately misleading parliament on a promise of enormous wealth if you carry it off and go to war illegally?

You have a very strange set of values.

For us, yes far worse; for Iraq not so much. But I am more concerned with my immediate future than Iraq over 15 years ago to be honest.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Jul 2018, 14:31

Copehead wrote:For us, yes far worse; for Iraq not so much. But I am more concerned with my immediate future than Iraq over 15 years ago to be honest.

So you put a little political expediency above the deaths of hundred's of thousands of people , and us being constantly on alert for terror attacks? The deaths of children in Manchester, Paris and Nice? All can laid at Blair's door yet you think May is worse because she is polite to an orange baby with temporary power?. You are some kind of a cunt.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 15:24

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:For us, yes far worse; for Iraq not so much. But I am more concerned with my immediate future than Iraq over 15 years ago to be honest.

So you put a little political expediency above the deaths of hundred's of thousands of people , and us being constantly on alert for terror attacks? The deaths of children in Manchester, Paris and Nice? All can laid at Blair's door yet you think May is worse because she is polite to an orange baby with temporary power?. You are some kind of a cunt.

No I put the future above history.

We can't change what happened in Iraq but we can change the disastrous course that the Conservative Party have put this country on solely to try and cobble together some sort of internal political coherency within their own party.

They are treacherous fucking cretins, blowing the country apart to try and keep their party together and in power and in more enlightened times they'd be fucking shot and the people who voted for them anally raped by Billy Goats.

So I can see why you would be more interested in talking about history than the present.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Jul 2018, 16:14

What history proves is that a Labour prime minister was delighted to put his own interests before those of the country and the victims of his treachery.
A Labour Prime Minister.

To ignore ignore history is to avoid learning the lessons it gives.

Which explains a lot about you.

And as an addendum, the terror threat is still very much with us. The fact that Trump needs two million soldiers and the entire UK police force to protect him whilst he here surely informs even you of that. We are still fully engaged in Blair's war. We are still paying every day for his greed and dishonesty. The greed and dishonesty of a Labour prime minister. And there are still many of his supporters in the party. What a disgrace.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 17:07

yomptepi wrote:What history proves is that a Labour prime minister was delighted to put his own interests before those of the country and the victims of his treachery.
A Labour Prime Minister.

To ignore ignore history is to avoid learning the lessons it gives.

Which explains a lot about you.

And as an addendum, the terror threat is still very much with us. The fact that Trump needs two million soldiers and the entire UK police force to protect him whilst he here surely informs even you of that. We are still fully engaged in Blair's war. We are still paying every day for his greed and dishonesty. The greed and dishonesty of a Labour prime minister. And there are still many of his supporters in the party. What a disgrace.

I can't see what personal or Party interests Blair put ahead of the country, he split his party to do that and only got it through parliament with complete Tory support and I can't see he got a whole lot out of it personally playing second fiddle to a moron like Bush.

For someone keen on history and its lessons you don't really seem able to apply it to recent events accurately.

Also the sole reason Iraq was invaded ( erroneously ) was because of a massive terror threat that caused 9/11. the idea that the Iraq invasion caused muslim terrorism is also stupid.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Jul 2018, 17:21

of course, up to the point of 9/11 we were not involved. Blair involved us. He has personally accrued a fortune of over £50 million from lucrative " jobs " awarded to him by American banks, and from " speaking " engagement in America. All as a direct result of his compliance with Bush Jr. As you also know, he lied to the commons, and the support he received from anyone was based on the lies he peddled in order to facilitate his profiteering. Stop defending him, and stop comparing him to May, who has , by comparison, done nothing wrong. She is still inept and hapless, but she is not criminal, like the last Labour administration was.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 Jul 2018, 23:06

yomptepi wrote:of course, up to the point of 9/11 we were not involved. Blair involved us. He has personally accrued a fortune of over £50 million from lucrative " jobs " awarded to him by American banks, and from " speaking " engagement in America. All as a direct result of his compliance with Bush Jr. As you also know, he lied to the commons, and the support he received from anyone was based on the lies he peddled in order to facilitate his profiteering. Stop defending him, and stop comparing him to May, who has , by comparison, done nothing wrong. She is still inept and hapless, but she is not criminal, like the last Labour administration was.

Give her time, do you think she is any more righteous rather than just a whole lot more incompetent? That would be a little naive.

As I said I am a little bit more worried about her selling us down the river with the orange rapist rather than what Tony Blair did years ago.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 15 Jul 2018, 00:23

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:of course, up to the point of 9/11 we were not involved. Blair involved us. He has personally accrued a fortune of over £50 million from lucrative " jobs " awarded to him by American banks, and from " speaking " engagement in America. All as a direct result of his compliance with Bush Jr. As you also know, he lied to the commons, and the support he received from anyone was based on the lies he peddled in order to facilitate his profiteering. Stop defending him, and stop comparing him to May, who has , by comparison, done nothing wrong. She is still inept and hapless, but she is not criminal, like the last Labour administration was.

Give her time, do you think she is any more righteous rather than just a whole lot more incompetent? That would be a little naive.

As I said I am a little bit more worried about her selling us down the river with the orange rapist rather than what Tony Blair did years ago.

You are an amoral half wit.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 15 Jul 2018, 10:10

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

You are an amoral half wit.

For being worried about what we can change rather than what is impossible to change?
Ok
:|

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 15 Jul 2018, 11:18

What is this all about again?
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Jul 2018, 11:27

WG Kaspar wrote:What is this all about again?

Well may you ask. The thread title is "May still desperately clinging on to power" but some people only want to discuss Tony Blair. Who hasn't been in power for ten years now. There again, that's more recently than Theresa May, I suppose.
1-800-288-8372

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 15 Jul 2018, 14:22

Complicit Blairite Scum.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 15 Jul 2018, 15:45

yomptepi wrote:Complicit Blairite Scum.

That's one of my favourite Fall albums.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Jul 2018, 15:55

yomptepi wrote:Complicit Blairite Scum.

Nimby Fascist Rees-Mogg Grovel Pit.
1-800-288-8372