May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
ORORORO
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17367
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby ORORORO » 05 May 2018, 19:02

I'm getting a bit tired of this 'steady on chaps - Labour are just as bad as the Tories!' shite now, quite honestly.

It's one thing to redress the BCB balance after years of tiresome right-on-ness, but keep in mind what a total fucking shitstorm the present government are making of everything.
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15419
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Belle Lettre » 05 May 2018, 19:03

Well said!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 05 May 2018, 19:09

Toby wrote:Both parties have elites that are condescending. I'm not saying the Tories don't, because they clearly do. But to suggest that Labour doesn't is farcical. It's just that the application of terms such as racist, bigot and homophobe often obscures the fact that under what might be seen as distasteful views are people. It's like the whole "my mum has bigoted views but she's still a nice person" quandary.

The same derisory epithets being handed out after the Referendum - Remoaners, Brexiteers. Perhaps it's just part of our political culture, which is more antagonistic than at any time I can remember on both sides of the political spectrum.


I think the condescending Labour Elites were the Blairites, I don't see the likes of Corbyn coming from that background.

I think you are right that the UK is becoming split into to two mutually antagonistic groups, much like the US, there is very little middle ground these days, the idea that you can move to centre and clean up is shown to be ridiculous by the, self imposed, implosion of the LibDems.

Both parties have around 40%, plus or minus a bit, of the vote and it is unlikely that many people are going to move.

So it all comes down to 2 things.

1) How much of their vote can the Labour Party get out through campaigning on the ground through their motivated, grassroots 700,000 membership.

2) How much can the Conservative Party suppress the Labour vote through voter suppression by law and the right wing media.

Because, let's face it, as a mass party the Conservatives are dead now, under 70,000 members now, most of those OAPs. I would imagine the Tories will struggle to get much in the way of voter suppression through parliament without a majority as it is probably too contentious and the press this time was pretty negative even ion their side.

At the next election the Conservatives will use money and a compliant media and the labour Party will use mass membership.

Should be interesting.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 05 May 2018, 19:13

The Ivy League Spiritual Gonad Orchestra wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of this 'steady on chaps - Labour are just as bad as the Tories!' shite now, quite honestly.

It's one thing to redress the BCB balance after years of tiresome right-on-ness, but keep in mind what a total fucking shitstorm the present government are making of everything.


Don't start trying to come all over sensible now John :)
Think of your image as the modern day Will Sommers
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 05 May 2018, 19:15

Insouciant Western People wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Toby has a valid point. Copehead, and other BCBers btw, demonstrate this all the time. The perceived moral and intellectual superiority, the barely concealed prejudice against the people they allege they actually want to help. Nauseating.


And the barely concealed rage from some on the left when anyone from the 'poor downtrodden masses' veers off the path of left wing 'righteousness' and dares to think differently.

Witness left wing activists, including Deebank's chum Tony Greenstein, calling Sajid Javid a 'coconut' on social media last week. He was also called an Uncle Tom by some of these self-proclaimed left anti-racist campaigners. Which takes quite some brass neck.

This mode of thinking also gives rise to stuff like the ridiculous Labour campaign ad from last year about them apparently being the only party capable of unlocking the potential of young BAME people, which was rightly trolled by James Cleverly.

Image



Although the best comment on it, was Cleverly retweeting it with the pithy comment "Yes massa".

https://twitter.com/jamescleverly/status/869619960615763968?lang=en


When you start trying to deport Black British citizens I think you have to face up to the fact that you have probably lost the Black vote for a while.

Still never mind eh? They still make up a tiny % of the potential vote despite what terrified Tory voters think.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 31950
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Goat Boy » 05 May 2018, 19:31

The Ivy League Spiritual Gonad Orchestra wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of this 'steady on chaps - Labour are just as bad as the Tories!' shite now, quite honestly.

It's one thing to redress the BCB balance after years of tiresome right-on-ness, but keep in mind what a total fucking shitstorm the present government are making of everything.


And that’s not what I was saying. I’m talking about voters. Non-politicians.

And yes, the current government are a shower of useless cunts
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.


The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

User avatar
ORORORO
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17367
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby ORORORO » 05 May 2018, 19:49

Goat Boy wrote:
The Ivy League Spiritual Gonad Orchestra wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of this 'steady on chaps - Labour are just as bad as the Tories!' shite now, quite honestly.

It's one thing to redress the BCB balance after years of tiresome right-on-ness, but keep in mind what a total fucking shitstorm the present government are making of everything.


And that’s not what I was saying. I’m talking about voters. Non-politicians.


I know, I know.

Goat Boy wrote:And yes, the current government are a shower of useless cunts


Seriously.

Tories generally are reprehensible shitsacks.
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23047
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Toby » 05 May 2018, 20:04

The Ivy League Spiritual Gonad Orchestra wrote:
Tories generally are reprehensible shitsacks.


:roll:

User avatar
ORORORO
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17367
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby ORORORO » 05 May 2018, 20:07

:P
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 May 2018, 12:58

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44021119

So we've now finally reached the point where some Minister's are saying a Customs Union is still possible, the Brexiteers are saying no chance, and May herself (who is supposedly the leader of the country) has asked her appointed people to 'come up with a new idea'.

What a shambles - what a fucking great shambles. Ten months to go.....
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 06 May 2018, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 31950
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Goat Boy » 06 May 2018, 14:01

Image

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.


The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby yomptepi » 07 May 2018, 17:14

Copehead wrote:
I think the condescending Labour Elites were the Blairites, I don't see the likes of Corbyn coming from that background.

.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 May 2018, 08:37

So despite all the bravado after the Salisbury 'incident' re clamping down on Russian money in The city etc etc.... this comes out from the Commons foreign affairs committee .... headed by a Conservative, happy to put his name to the findings :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44191682

The UK has been accused of turning a "blind eye" to Russia's "dirty money", putting national security at risk.

The Commons foreign affairs committee said London was being used to hide the "corrupt assets" of President Vladimir Putin and his allies.

It said it was "business as usual" for the UK despite the poisoning of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.

This undermined the UK's efforts to confront the full spectrum of President Putin's offensive measures, it said.

The UK's "lethargic response is being taken as proof that we don't dare stop them... London's markets are enabling the Kremlin's efforts," committee chairman and Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat wrote in the Sunday Times, ahead of the publication of the report.


So, all total bollocks from May & her Govt again. Nothing has changed where it really matters - financially.

Who knew?
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 21 May 2018, 16:13

Diamond Dog wrote:So despite all the bravado after the Salisbury 'incident' re clamping down on Russian money in The city etc etc.... this comes out from the Commons foreign affairs committee .... headed by a Conservative, happy to put his name to the findings :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44191682

The UK has been accused of turning a "blind eye" to Russia's "dirty money", putting national security at risk.

The Commons foreign affairs committee said London was being used to hide the "corrupt assets" of President Vladimir Putin and his allies.

It said it was "business as usual" for the UK despite the poisoning of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.

This undermined the UK's efforts to confront the full spectrum of President Putin's offensive measures, it said.

The UK's "lethargic response is being taken as proof that we don't dare stop them... London's markets are enabling the Kremlin's efforts," committee chairman and Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat wrote in the Sunday Times, ahead of the publication of the report.


So, all total bollocks from May & her Govt again. Nothing has changed where it really matters - financially.

Who knew?


But Corbyn's got a Russian hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 May 2018, 16:28

Gove just now on C4 news :

"Britain has become more welcoming to migration since the Brexit vote."

Environment Secretary Michael Gove says Britain is "one of those EU nations with the warmest attitude towards migration".

:lol:

You couldn't make this stuff up.
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 May 2018, 16:35

Diamond Dog wrote:Gove just now on C4 news :

"Britain has become more welcoming to migration since the Brexit vote."

Environment Secretary Michael Gove says Britain is "one of those EU nations with the warmest attitude towards migration".

:lol:

You couldn't make this stuff up.


He went on :

.....told a Policy Exchange conference on unionism in London: "Another feature of unionism, the explicit embrace of diversity has strengthened since Brexit.

"Britain has become more welcoming to migration since the Brexit vote as opinion research has confirmed.

"The act of taking back control has allowed British citizens to show that they can be more welcoming to new arrivals if allowed to be rather than required to be.

"And now Britain is one of those EU nations with the warmest attitude towards migration, mirroring the attitudes in sister countries across the globe such as Canada and New Zealand."
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 14951
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Jimbo » 23 May 2018, 12:16

About the dust up over anti-semitism, here is an interview with Norman Finkelstein, an American who seems to know a ton about UK politics, putting it into perspective and making many salient points about actual anti-semitism in Britain and saying how Corbyn should take the same stance as Bernie Sanders and speak out about Israel's overly aggressive tactics.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie- ... ism-scanda
Gadfly

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22912
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Deebank » 23 May 2018, 20:37

Jimbo wrote:About the dust up over anti-semitism, here is an interview with Norman Finkelstein, an American who seems to know a ton about UK politics, putting it into perspective and making many salient points about actual anti-semitism in Britain and saying how Corbyn should take the same stance as Bernie Sanders and speak out about Israel's overly aggressive tactics.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie- ... ism-scanda


Interesting read. Some sanity at last.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16440
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby gash on ignore » 23 May 2018, 20:47

*Urgh, edit. Best to avoid death by a thousand quotes*
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 23 May 2018, 23:01

Deebank wrote:
Jimbo wrote:About the dust up over anti-semitism, here is an interview with Norman Finkelstein, an American who seems to know a ton about UK politics, putting it into perspective and making many salient points about actual anti-semitism in Britain and saying how Corbyn should take the same stance as Bernie Sanders and speak out about Israel's overly aggressive tactics.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie- ... ism-scanda


Interesting read. Some sanity at last.


It has become increasingly clear that the B.o.D. should be seen not as the representatives of British Jews but as the representatives of right wing Jewish politics in the UK. They are shamelessly partisan supporting Likud, The Conservative Party and the Republicans. Their denouncing of fellow Jews as anti-Semitic must have scuppered any other interpretation of their position.

What happened to Livingstone was the shameless smearing of a man who has done more fighting all sorts of racism in the UK than most people. Whether he was naïve to allow himself to be a drawn into a discussion of Hitler's views on Zionism is beside the point that the interview was then used to smear him in the press is pretty disgusting politics.

But we are seeing there are few moral or ethical bars the Conservative party and their supporters won't happily limbo dance under in order to keep themselves in power.

Happily casting their own failings - stooging for Russia and racism - as problems for the opposition with compliance of a media that is almost entirely hostile to the Corbyn lead Labour Party.

Having said that much of the PLP looks hostile to a Corbyn led Labour Party with their constant carping about how Corbyn can't win an election whilst ignoring he increased their vote by 50% and added many millions of voters in one of the most staggering political about turns seen in modern elections. It remains to be seen whether he can do it again we already know that they couldn't do it again as they repeatedly tried and failed.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.