May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby yomptepi » 03 Apr 2018, 09:26

Meanwhile in the real world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43624231

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has been criticised for attending an event organised by Jewdas - a left-wing Jewish group critical of more mainstream Jewish organisations.

It comes hours after Mr Corbyn promised "watertight" investigations into claims of anti-Semitism within his party.

One Labour MP called his actions "irresponsible and dangerous".

On Monday, Momentum, the movement backing Mr Corbyn, said the party had "failed" on anti-Semitism.

Jewdas has accused the Jewish Board of Deputies, Jewish Leadership Council and Jewish Labour Movement of "playing a dangerous game" and previously dismissed anti-Semitism allegations as right-wing smears.

A spokesman for the Labour leader confirmed Mr Corbyn had attended the Seder event, a ritual service held on Passover, in a personal capacity and not on behalf of the party.

BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith said there was "nothing remarkable" about Mr Corbyn attending the event in his constituency alongside a group he shares many views with - such as its anti-capitalist stance and pro-Palestinian views.

However, he said it had raised questions about why the Labour leader did not go to a Seder celebration by a more mainstream organisation, with some of his critics seeing his attendance as "almost playing down the significance of the current row over anti-Semitism".

quite a mess. But of course the tories are having so much more trouble with anti Semitism than Corbyn. aren't they?
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 09:26

Toby wrote:An article suggesting that Marx was an anti-Semite

http://www.philosophersmag.com/opinion/ ... tisemitism

Ah yes the self hating Jew trope.

How deliciously anti-semitic.

I think we have our first live BCB evidence of anti-semitism in Tory supporters, well done Toby!
And sometimes I ride on bus x82, say what!

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 03 Apr 2018, 09:34

Where have I said I'm anti-Semitic?

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 03 Apr 2018, 09:41

Toby wrote:Where have I said I'm anti-Semitic?

I wouldn't worry. He is doing what he always does when things don't go his way/ He looks for distraction and tries to allay the blame back onto the accuser. Textbook Copehead. Why discuss the problem when it is so much easier to attack the other party in the discussion. So far Will's contribution has been .

The Tories have a problem with anti Semitism.

Toby is an anti Semite.

Award winning stuff.
Last edited by yomptepi on 03 Apr 2018, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Apr 2018, 09:41

yomptepi wrote: But of course the tories are having so much more trouble with anti Semitism than Corbyn. aren't they?

They're probably not, if only because your Tory Press aren't reporting any issues within the Conservative Party re anti-semitism. I wonder why?

But you carry on frothing at the mouth about the 'paralysis' within the Labout Party re anti-semitism, and I'm sure the Labour Party will just continue to function and gain ground on the Tories because the vast majority of people in the country see this latest press hysteria for exactly what it is - an attempt to deflect away from the shockingly incopmpetent performance of May and her cohorts in virtually every metric that exists.

Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 03 Apr 2018, 09:47

Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote: But of course the tories are having so much more trouble with anti Semitism than Corbyn. aren't they?

They're probably not, if only because your Tory Press aren't reporting any issues within the Conservative Party re anti-semitism. I wonder why?

But you carry on frothing at the mouth about the 'paralysis' within the Labout Party re anti-semitism, and I'm sure the Labour Party will just continue to function and gain ground on the Tories because the vast majority of people in the country see this latest press hysteria for exactly what it is - an attempt to deflect away from the shockingly incopmpetent performance of May and her cohorts in virtually every metric that exists.

Which , of course is my whole point. Why are Labour tearing themselves apart when they should be providing some sort of opposition to the tories. Something they have failed completely at. We have a government in complete meltdown, with no direction, fucking up Brexit and not addressing any other issues with any fortitude. Probably the weakest government in living memory. And how do the Labour react? Complete meltdown. Worse than complete meltdown. And every day it gets worse. But as they are beyond criticism , why would they worry. I doubt they have any real desire to inherit the current catastrophic situation left to us by the arsehat Cameron. Who in their right mind would?

And they are not gaining ground on anyone at the moment. far from it.

Unless you have suddenly become a Copehead believer, and can taste that 500 seat majority...

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 03 Apr 2018, 09:50

The latest news over Corbyn meeting Jewdas.

They are opposed to mainstream Jewish "groups" but have matched against fascists and to support refugees.

So it's an example of the mainstream press frothing. However, if Corbyn was sensible, he would have waited until this problem was resolved. By meeting "far left" groups he is just making problems for himself even if his intentions are reputable. The press will be scenting out every group he goes to meet.

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 03 Apr 2018, 10:15

It's 'I'll damned well do as I please', isn't it?
Betty Denim wrote:As for Patti Smith, now there’s an insufferable cunt. The most pretentious, tedious, bag of incomprehensible self-important shit with all the charm and intelligence of Bungle from Rainbow.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:15

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Good for them, there is anti-semitism in British society and it should be rooted out and exposed where ever it is.

I wonder if the Conservative Party will take any steps to root out the far greater anti-semitism in their party.

No I don't because I know the answer is no because the media will not hold them to account for it will they?

Examples please.

Well lets start with the anti-semitic tropes about stateless people that the Conservative leader Theresa May made in a conference speech when Miliband was labour leader and move from there shall we.

That was May making a speech that if Corbyn had made it would have lead to widespread demands for his immediate resignation for anti-semitism.

Is may and anti-semite? Doubtful, but when Labour had a Jewish leader she made sure she included anti-semitic dog whistles in her conference speech.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/(JN7434)%20A4%20Tory%20Racism%20Brochure%20SIN11-26629.pdf

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:16

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:17

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 03 Apr 2018, 10:17

Copehead wrote:Why did 200-300 people gather outside parliament in the face of a far larger counter demonstration of Jewish supporters of the labour party?

Probably because they were Tories and they knew they would get on the 6 o'clock news whereas the counter demonstration wouldn't.

This is untrue. The counter demo was far smaller, the Independent reported that there were around 30 people there.

The demonstrators against anti-Semitism in Labour weren't all Tories. The Independent reported that the highest number of MPs attending were Labour, although a couple of Conservative MPs did also attend.

Also, reports from the press who were there (interviewing demonstrators) suggest that a lot of people there were either Labour members, Labour voters, or people of a broadly left-liberal persuasion. Many, probably the majority, were Jewish.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:18

Toby wrote:Where have I said I'm anti-Semitic?

Posting a self hating Jew trope is exactly the sort of things that Corbyn would be vilified for isn't it?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:20

Toby wrote:The latest news over Corbyn meeting Jewdas.

They are opposed to mainstream Jewish "groups" but have matched against fascists and to support refugees.

So it's an example of the mainstream press frothing. However, if Corbyn was sensible, he would have waited until this problem was resolved. By meeting "far left" groups he is just making problems for himself even if his intentions are reputable. The press will be scenting out every group he goes to meet.

Corbyn anti-semitic for meeting the wrong sort of Jews shock!

Is this another self hating Jew thing Toby?

Are you going to start dressing up in a black shirt or something?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Apr 2018, 10:22

Insouciant Western People wrote:
Copehead wrote:Why did 200-300 people gather outside parliament in the face of a far larger counter demonstration of Jewish supporters of the labour party?

Probably because they were Tories and they knew they would get on the 6 o'clock news whereas the counter demonstration wouldn't.

This is untrue. The counter demo was far smaller, the Independent reported that there were around 30 people there.

The demonstrators against anti-Semitism in Labour weren't all Tories. The Independent reported that the highest number of MPs attending were Labour, although a couple of Conservative MPs did also attend.

Also, reports from the press who were there (interviewing demonstrators) suggest that a lot of people there were either Labour members, Labour voters, or people of a broadly left-liberal persuasion. Many, probably the majority, were Jewish.

Perhaps you could list the other times when another 200-300 person demonstration has made a lead item on the 6 o'clock news and a counter demonstration, which the MSM woefully undercounted, did not, it must be a common occurrence?

I'm pretty certain I could organise 200 people to demonstrate against Theresa May's shocking anti-semitism without it making any impact in the media whatsoever let alone a lead on the main news of the day on the BBC

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 03 Apr 2018, 10:45

Copehead wrote:Well lets start with the anti-semitic tropes about stateless people that the Conservative leader Theresa May made in a conference speech when Miliband was labour leader and move from there shall we.

That was May making a speech that if Corbyn had made it would have lead to widespread demands for his immediate resignation for anti-semitism.

Is may and anti-semite? Doubtful, but when Labour had a Jewish leader she made sure she included anti-semitic dog whistles in her conference speech.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/uploaded/documents/(JN7434)%20A4%20Tory%20Racism%20Brochure%20SIN11-26629.pdf

There's some appalling stuff documented in that link, and it's absolutely right that the Conservatives should get hammered for it.

I can't see anything relating to a speech by May when Miliband was leader though. When did she make the speech, and what was the content?
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Apr 2018, 10:49

You guys do realize this isn't about real anti-Semitism but just another bit of fake news, a fringe issue put out by anti-Corbyn-ites to knock him off his perch. The real issue is peace in the middle east.
Gadfly

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Apr 2018, 11:14

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Which , of course is my whole point. Why are Labour tearing themselves apart when they should be providing some sort of opposition to the tories. Something they have failed completely at. We have a government in complete meltdown, with no direction, fucking up Brexit and not addressing any other issues with any fortitude. Probably the weakest government in living memory. And how do the Labour react? Complete meltdown. Worse than complete meltdown. And every day it gets worse. But as they are beyond criticism , why would they worry. I doubt they have any real desire to inherit the current catastrophic situation left to us by the arsehat Cameron. Who in their right mind would?

You don't actually see that the only 'meltdown' going on here is people like you wildly over reacting to a problem that is nowhere near the size or scale that the Tory Press are making it out to be?

No you don't. Because that would require you to be able to filter out bullshit, see something for what it truly is, and not beat your chest about something that is being grossly exaggerated to deflect away from the exact issues you highlight in your post.

You've got a problem, the problem is YOU.

Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.