May calls a snap election on June 8

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
K
Posts: 5730
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby K » 20 Apr 2017, 18:22

Goat Boy wrote:80,000? Honda Civics?

I get the bus to work and earn a fraction of that you toff cunts!

I think that means you are allowed to care about social inequality.
I'm not, I'm afraid.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34083
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby yomptepi » 20 Apr 2017, 18:26

K wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:80,000? Honda Civics?

I get the bus to work and earn a fraction of that you toff cunts!

I think that means you are allowed to care about social inequality.
I'm not, I'm afraid.


No wonder you can so easily sympathise with utter cunts like Thornberry and Abbott eh?

Patronising fucker.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38250
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 20 Apr 2017, 18:28

I got called rich the other day and it shocked the hell out of me, especially when I told B and she said, "well, you are", and now that I think about it, yeah, I am. I'm no tory, though.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
K
Posts: 5730
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby K » 20 Apr 2017, 18:35

yomptepi wrote:
K wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:80,000? Honda Civics?

I get the bus to work and earn a fraction of that you toff cunts!

I think that means you are allowed to care about social inequality.
I'm not, I'm afraid.


No wonder you can so easily sympathise with utter cunts like Thornberry and Abbott eh?

Patronising fucker.

Why am I patronising? Because I like the idea of social equality?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 21351
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Toby » 20 Apr 2017, 20:13

K wrote:I also live in a modest 2 bed terraced house (well, we've moved into the attic now too). But we bought it. We have a mortgage on it which we will pay up in 10 years. And I'm not on £70,000. Our combined incomes are around £80,000. We're rich, in the sense that we are "not poor" and there are things we could curtail if we needed to. I don't have much disposable income at the end of each month, partly because our mortgage is pretty big, but not having disposable income is not the same as not being rich. We don't own property but don't kid yourself that we (you and me) are not well off. Now I understand why someone of your supposed intellect is a Tory.


You're basically the same then. Remember that I am a full-time father, so I'm not contributing financially. Our total household income is less than yours. My wife is taxed at a higher income bracket than you as well.

I think in all honesty making such a binary distinction that if you're not poor, you must be rich is woefully myopic. That's such a massively simplistic attitude to have.

There are huge variations in lifestyles and what is termed "wealth". Sure, if you graded me by the amount of time and relative freedom not being weighed down by a salaried job, then I'm quite wealthy. But in terms of assets, apart from our house, we have little else.

If your distinction of being rich is essentially earning over £70K, then lord help what you think of people who bring home £1 million plus a year, have 5 or 6 bedroom houses, several cars, take winter sun holidays and put their kids in private education.

User avatar
K
Posts: 5730
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby K » 20 Apr 2017, 20:33

I'm on circa £60000 and so I'm in the 40% bracket and also have to pay back both chunks of child benefit thanks Osborne stopping it being universal (which was about damaging it rather than fairness) so I don't feel rich. Doesn't mean I'm not. My god, my mum was on around £26,000 a year before she died.
Someone on £1,000,000 a year is extremely rich.
£70k a year outs you in the top 5% of earners. The top 5 fucking percent. Just because the top 1% are astronomically rich doesn't change the fact that 95% of people earn less than the £70k.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 2695
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Apr 2017, 20:43

Goat Boy wrote:I get the bus to work and earn a fraction of that you toff cunts!

Driven around by a genuine member of the working class, eh? You over-privileged exploitative cock..
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 28367
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Apr 2017, 20:45

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I get the bus to work and earn a fraction of that you toff cunts!

Driven around by a genuine member of the working class, eh? You over-privileged exploitative cock..


:lol:
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.



Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 61889
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Apr 2017, 21:40

The Daily Mash today :
"Paranoid terrorist-loving dickhead lunatic imagines media is against him"

:lol:
“Before you play two notes learn how to play one note — and don’t play one note unless you’ve got a reason to play it."

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34083
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby yomptepi » 20 Apr 2017, 21:48

K wrote:Someone on £1,000,000 a year is extremely rich.
.


So Emily Thornberry's husband then.

Cunts
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
K
Posts: 5730
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby K » 20 Apr 2017, 21:50

yomptepi wrote:
K wrote:Someone on £1,000,000 a year is extremely rich.
.


So Emily Thornberry's husband then.

Cunts

Envy is a sin.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34083
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby yomptepi » 20 Apr 2017, 23:25

K wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
K wrote:Someone on £1,000,000 a year is extremely rich.
.


So Emily Thornberry's husband then.

Cunts

Envy is a sin.


I certainly don't envy him his wretched wife...

But I do object to her playing champagne socialists with her elitist friends. Pretending to be a politician when she can barely string a sentence together. Oh how she must feel after another day of being such a caring human being.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 8505
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Apr 2017, 23:35

A working class area of Tunbridge Wells:
Image
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34083
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby yomptepi » 21 Apr 2017, 00:02

Polishgirl wrote:A working class area of Tunbridge Wells:
Image


can someone photo shop an England flag and a Ford Transit onto that please...
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 34083
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby yomptepi » 21 Apr 2017, 13:54

Listen to the incisive political insight of an average Labour MP , interviewed here by Eddie Mair.

clueless would be a complement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39659304
You don't like me...do you?

Mrs Slider
Posts: 96
Joined: 08 Oct 2016, 19:46

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Mrs Slider » 21 Apr 2017, 17:28

I knew weeks ago that the General Election was going to be announced on the 18th April. My Tory MP likes to tell me stuff. :lol:

I earn £14,995 a year. Am a single parent. The children's father is out of work so does not contribute. I rent from a cunt of a private landlord, who will not lift a finger but still hikes the rent. Currently 3/4 of my monthly income. I don't own a car and haven't been able to pay for a holiday for almost 11 years.

Do I win?

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14022
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby The Great Defector » 21 Apr 2017, 17:45

Nope, your kids are able bodied. Get them out working!!!!!! Back when I was their age, my father woke me up a hour before I went to bed...................
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
fueryIre
Posts: 8281
Joined: 04 May 2011, 02:57
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby fueryIre » 21 Apr 2017, 18:06

Mrs Slider wrote:I knew weeks ago that the General Election was going to be announced on the 18th April. My Tory MP likes to tell me stuff. :lol:

I earn £14,995 a year. Am a single parent. The children's father is out of work so does not contribute. I rent from a cunt of a private landlord, who will not lift a finger but still hikes the rent. Currently 3/4 of my monthly income. I don't own a car and haven't been able to pay for a holiday for almost 11 years.

Do I win?


Congratulations, you do indeed!

And tonight's star prize is...













A zero hours contract at Conservative Central Office!
Image

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 23838
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Nick » 21 Apr 2017, 20:32

CatnHat and I went to one of the Manchester mayoral hustings today. Burnham was impressive and articulate, he spoke with assurance, insight and imagination, and showed what I believe was genuine compassion when the ever-growing problem of homelessness in the city was discussed. But he also showed a lot of evidence of having thought through rigorous and workable solutions to the problems he was asked about, and had policies to address them ready to go.

Despite my loathing for what the Labour leadership's become under Corbyn, I will vote for Burnham on May 4th.

Makes you think what position Labour might be in today if the membership hadn't been so self-indulgent and vindictive when electing a leader in 2015. They might now be in with a shot of ousting the Conservatives, instead of staring at their worst defeat in several decades.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 61889
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Apr 2017, 20:42

Nick wrote:CatnHat and I went to one of the Manchester mayoral hustings today. Burnham was impressive and articulate, he spoke with assurance, insight and imagination, and showed what I believe was genuine compassion when the ever-growing problem of homelessness in the city was discussed. But he also showed a lot of evidence of having thought through rigorous and workable solutions to the problems he was asked about, and had policies to address them ready to go.

Despite my loathing for what the Labour leadership's become under Corbyn, I will vote for Burnham on May 4th.

Makes you think what position Labour might be in today if the membership hadn't been so self-indulgent and vindictive when electing a leader in 2015. They might now be in with a shot of ousting the Conservatives, instead of staring at their worst defeat in several decades.


You were okay up until the last paragraph.

Let's get this clear - the reason Corbyn was elected was because the three headed hydra that was Burnham, Cooper & Kendall lost any right to be elected Leader Of The Labour Party, with their astonishing lurch to the right during their campaigns - to the point where everyone was checking whether it was a Labour or Tory leadership campaign going on.

I actually think Burnham is a decent guy and - in time- may well be a good Labour Leader. Which makes his decision to court the Lunatic Right fringe of the Labour party even more bizarre. I know he's done very well since - I think he had done okay up until that challenge. But for some inexplicable reason he lost the opportunity a couple of years back, in an attempt to be "The Tory-Light " candidate.
“Before you play two notes learn how to play one note — and don’t play one note unless you’ve got a reason to play it."


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Six String and 1 guest