May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Grey Error » 10 Jul 2017, 18:58

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
Oh, and, on a more metaphysical and religious note: fires are a surefire (sic) sign of a dying ideology. Just google on 'Rome, Nero'.

what?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 19:00

Oh, and, on a more metaphysical and religious note: fires are a surefire (sic) sign of a dying ideology. Just google on 'Rome, Nero'.

Ah man, I have to learn and shit on here now, argh.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Jul 2017, 19:11

Grey Error wrote:

what?

Masters Level Utter Bollocks.
Diamond Dog wrote:I've just backed "Conservatives With No Overall Majority" at 4/1. So there!

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 10 Jul 2017, 20:03

Grey Error wrote:

what?

What fire are you referring to? What does this post mean?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 10 Jul 2017, 20:15

Grey Error wrote:
Grey Error wrote:

what?

What fire are you referring to? What does this post mean?

Wisdom, Anna -

and I am not in the slightest interested in what you are thinking about yours truly.

Direct your unnatural anger at others, please.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 10 Jul 2017, 20:18

What fire are you talking about?

Dr Markus wrote:

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 10 Jul 2017, 21:01

Grey Error wrote:What fire are you talking about?

Grenfell,

Portugal.

We wil all die, because of our greed, our wish for eternal youth, and of American madness, its sociopathy, and the contempt of social life, family history, and friendliness.

I think the Amerian century is over, done and over with.

And I don't even dislike you.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Jul 2017, 21:03

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:We wil all die, because of our greed, our wish for eternal youth, and of American madness, its sociopathy, and the contempt of social life, family history, and friendliness.

:lol:
Diamond Dog wrote:I've just backed "Conservatives With No Overall Majority" at 4/1. So there!

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 10 Jul 2017, 21:17

Grenfell,

Portugal.

We wil all die, because of our greed, our wish for eternal youth, and of American madness, its sociopathy, and the contempt of social life, family history, and friendliness.

This sort of stuff is always just bubbling under with you, Frank, but most of the time it's easy to ignore as it's just you mumbling round your kitchen. When you start using hideous deaths to prop up these histrionic visions that you have that you think somehow shows everyone good and proper that you're a great thinker, you spill over into the truly revolting. You're a shoeless babbler. I have no problem with writing any of this, because I do dislike you.

Dr Markus wrote:

The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 10 Jul 2017, 21:23

Sushi anyone?
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes

Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury

Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 21:30

The Savage Young Gash wrote:Sushi anyone?

Just cooked, or battered too?
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 10 Jul 2017, 21:30

Nah , looks like liquorice allsorts but tastes like someone's foot blister.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 10 Jul 2017, 21:30

Turns out they weren't invented until the 15th Century.
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes

Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury

Dogshit wrote:Did either Duck Dunn or James Jefferson change music irrevocably?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 21:31

jimboo wrote:Nah , looks like liquorice allsorts but tastes like someone's foot blister.

How do you know what.....nevermind.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 21:32

The Savage Young Gash wrote:Turns out they weren't invented until the 15th Century.

Eskimos?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 21:33

DP

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 10 Jul 2017, 21:38

The Great Defector wrote:
jimboo wrote:Nah , looks like liquorice allsorts but tastes like someone's foot blister.

Remember that night in Curracloe ? Twenty pints of the blackstuff and sitting naked around the campfire in Ballinesker beach, you moaning about your new crocs ? That's how I know .
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Jul 2017, 21:40

jimboo wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

Remember that night in Curracloe ? Twenty pints of the blackstuff and sitting naked around the campfire in Ballinesker beach, you moaning about your new crocs ? That's how I know .

You said you'd never mention that again!!!!!!!

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 10 Jul 2017, 21:44

Grey Error wrote:

Grenfell,

Portugal.

This sort of stuff is always just bubbling under with you, Frank, but most of the time it's easy to ignore as it's just you mumbling round your kitchen. When you start using hideous deaths to prop up these histrionic visions that you have that you think somehow shows everyone good and proper that you're a great thinker, you spill over into the truly revolting. You're a shoeless babbler. I have no problem with writing any of this, because I do dislike you.

As expected.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jul 2017, 11:21

Diamond Dog wrote:You can claim whatever you want about the Labour leadership view on Brexit - we all know that McDonnell and Corbyn want it. So what? They didn't ask for the referendum or the result

Nick wrote:The morning the result was announced, Corbyn called for Article 50 to be triggered immediately. He's been explicitly calling for Britain to leave the EU for decades. So yes, he did de facto ask for the referendum, numerous times.

Okay, a question of syntax maybe. What Jeremy Corbyn did not do, and which the Tories did do, was implement a referendum and promise to act on a simple majority. And then state that they would do so, come hell rain or high water because "No deal is better than a bad deal". No matter how much you and others want to put Corbyn & the Tories in some symbiotic death roll here, it simply will not work. The Tories implemented the referendum and have promised to act on it, nio matter what the consequences. Jeremy Corbyn has absolutely fuck all to do with that and should continue to have fuck all to do with it.

Diamond Dog wrote:Or even be seen to be aiding the implementation. That's strictly for the Tories to do - no matter how much May (and yourself) try and pull Corbyn into it, it's simply not his problem.

Nick wrote:It's not their job to implement it per se, it is their job to hold the government to account while they are doing it.

But I think that they have to be seen to be doing it in the spirit of Brexit, as it were. Because yes in one way it's the Tories' problem, but also it's OUR problem as a country. What happens with Brexit affects us all, and I think a lot of people hold the view that it behooves anyone who cares about the future of this country not to work in a way that sabotages our chances of obtaining the best possible deal. It's going to be a fine line to walk for Labour. It remains to be seen if Corbyn's team are up to it.

They can't exactly be holding the Govt accountable for it if they're part of it themselves, can they?!

You talk as if the only solution for the good of the country is to make a deal on Brexit, no matter how shit, and then spread the blame around to all those parties gullible enough to have allowed themselves to be dragged into it. The Labour party should be saying "You implement it. And, if you can't, go to the country again". Now that's what being in opposition is all about. Provide a genuine alternative to the Govt line. And not getting conned into supporting a Govt who have got themselves into an almighty mess and are looking for gullible oppostion parties to shoulder some of the blame. That's not sabotage - it's providing an alternative.

Return to “Nextdoorland”