May calls a snap election on June 8

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 May 2017, 20:09

Goat Boy wrote:It's matters to some, of course. It makes people twitchy, you know? Wary

Yeah, well Lynton Crosby makes ME twitchy.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 20:19

I get that. I'm just saying hiring a communist to do the job might not play well with voters Labour would do well to win over.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 17 May 2017, 20:31

Deebank wrote:I haven't a clue. Does it matter? It's a job. Is he a good campaign manager might be a more pertinent question.
!

Oh come on for fuck's sake. A self-professed communist taking over the Labour campaign is like giving the right-wing press a free lunch. For a year.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 May 2017, 20:32

That n all obv.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 May 2017, 20:36

Why are they hiring him at this stage in the proceedings ? What's afoot ?
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 17 May 2017, 22:33

Toby wrote:
Deebank wrote:I haven't a clue. Does it matter? It's a job. Is he a good campaign manager might be a more pertinent question.
!

Oh come on for fuck's sake. A self-professed communist taking over the Labour campaign is like giving the right-wing press a free lunch. For a year.

I think the Corbyn camp long since gave up giving a fuck what the right wing press does - if indeed they ever did.

They couldn't give two fucking hoots, and why should they? Trying to appease the likes of Dacre didn't win Gordon Brown any slack.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 17 May 2017, 23:32

Nick wrote:
Copehead wrote:Got to love the Guardian, Headline today something along the lines of

Len McClusky's statement about how many Labour seats he'd be happy with over shadows Labour manifesto launch

i.e. we have decided to ignore the Labour manifesto launch and lead with a damaging story about some unguarded comments by a Union flunky :lol:

Come on man, what do you expect? If McCluskey is too stupid to keep his big gob shut and says something as daft as that, of course journalists are going to report it. They'd do the same if a big Tory donor said something like that about May and the Conservatives.

Meanwhile, in a stroke of genius clearly calculated to counter widespread accusations of being in thrall to far left extremists, the Labour leadership have appointed Andrew Murray as their campaign manager.

That's Andrew Murray, the longstanding (40 years) member of first the Communist Party of Great Britain and subsequently the Communist Party of Britain, and apologist for Stalin and North Korea.

Any evidence of him being an apologist for Stalin and North Korea in his adult life or are you just regurgitating Daily Mail leaders again?

I was a supporter of the RCP in my youth, doesn't mean fuck all does it?

Do you really think this kind of red white and blue McCarthyism is a good look for you?

Do you even think much about what you are saying here?
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 17 May 2017, 23:48

Copehead wrote:
Nick wrote:
Copehead wrote:Got to love the Guardian, Headline today something along the lines of

Len McClusky's statement about how many Labour seats he'd be happy with over shadows Labour manifesto launch

i.e. we have decided to ignore the Labour manifesto launch and lead with a damaging story about some unguarded comments by a Union flunky :lol:

Come on man, what do you expect? If McCluskey is too stupid to keep his big gob shut and says something as daft as that, of course journalists are going to report it. They'd do the same if a big Tory donor said something like that about May and the Conservatives.

Meanwhile, in a stroke of genius clearly calculated to counter widespread accusations of being in thrall to far left extremists, the Labour leadership have appointed Andrew Murray as their campaign manager.

That's Andrew Murray, the longstanding (40 years) member of first the Communist Party of Great Britain and subsequently the Communist Party of Britain, and apologist for Stalin and North Korea.

Any evidence of him being an apologist for Stalin and North Korea in his adult life or are you just regurgitating Daily Mail leaders again?

I was a supporter of the RCP in my youth, doesn't mean fuck all does it?

Do you really think this kind of red white and blue McCarthyism is a good look for you?

Do you even think much about what you are saying here?

Yes.

Disregard everything and anything Mr Corbyn said before he became leader of the Labour party.

I know he has.
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 00:08

yomptepi wrote:Yes.

Disregard everything and anything Mr Corbyn said before he became leader of the Labour party.

I know he has.

I don't think I have a problem with much that Corbyn has ever said.
I am not a pacifist like he is, but other than that I don't see much I would disagree with.

I don't see how he could be any worse than May, has someone so clearly out of their intellectual depth ever been voted to such high office in the UK? I though Cameron was a bit of a dumbass but at least he could be allowed out in public without making himself look like someone who had never talked to a pleb before.

Aren't you embarrassed by having someone like May represent you politically?

The look of fear and confusion that crossed her face when a member of the public broke the cordon and spoke to her was priceless, followed on by her not even understanding the difference between learning difficulties and mental health issues. If she didn't have the full support of the media from the BBC down she wouldn't get elected onto a parish council.

Her big ideas? Grammar Schools and Fox hunting, much of the rest of manifesto, to be dumped as soon as re-elected one would have to guess, has been shamelessly filched from the Labour Party in an attempt to make her look like a warrior for the working classes. Fucking hilarious, funnier still the morons will vote for it. Got to love the British public.

The idea that a women who can't hold a normal conversation with a member of the public can negotiate an amazing Brexit deal for us is one that even you must find risible.

Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable

What sort of moron falls for that crap?

Oh hi Mike! :)

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 18 May 2017, 00:23

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Yes.

I know he has.

I don't think I have a problem with much that Corbyn has ever said.
I am not a pacifist like he is, but other than that I don't see much I would disagree with.

I don't see how he could be any worse than May, has someone so clearly out of their intellectual depth ever been voted to such high office in the UK? I though Cameron was a bit of a dumbass but at least he could be allowed out in public without making himself look like someone who had never talked to a pleb before.

Aren't you embarrassed by having someone like May represent you politically?

The look of fear and confusion that crossed her face when a member of the public broke the cordon and spoke to her was priceless, followed on by her not even understanding the difference between learning difficulties and mental health issues. If she didn't have the full support of the media from the BBC down she wouldn't get elected onto a parish council.

Her big ideas? Grammar Schools and Fox hunting, much of the rest of manifesto, to be dumped as soon as re-elected one would have to guess, has been shamelessly filched from the Labour Party in an attempt to make her look like a warrior for the working classes. Fucking hilarious, funnier still the morons will vote for it. Got to love the British public.

The idea that a women who can't hold a normal conversation with a member of the public can negotiate an amazing Brexit deal for us is one that even you must find risible.

Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable Strong and Stable

What sort of moron falls for that crap?

Oh hi Mike! :)

How is she any less feart of the public than Brown or Miliband? Both were dismal, and this generation of politicians were not raised on hustings and street debates. Very few have the skills or experience to be comfortable in a crowd. Corbyn is only comfortable because he is always surrounded by Labour party members who follow him around like a dog.

I think you miss the main point Will. This election is about Brexit. As long as the Tory's can keep it on topic, they are secure. If they allow themselves to be sidelined by Corbyn's circus of stupidity, then they might not get the result they want. But whether you like it or not, people like Mrs May. and what you see as repetitive sloganeering, a lot of people see as firm and decisive leadership. I doubt there are many voters who will see the pivotal issues of this election being foxhunting or grammar schools. The good news is that the opposition DO think that, and are playing into the governments hands.

Brexit Brexit Brexit.
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 00:53

yomptepi wrote:
How is she any less feart of the public than Brown or Miliband? Both were dismal, and this generation of politicians were not raised on hustings and street debates. Very few have the skills or experience to be comfortable in a crowd. Corbyn is only comfortable because he is always surrounded by Labour party members who follow him around like a dog.

I think you miss the main point Will. This election is about Brexit. As long as the Tory's can keep it on topic, they are secure. If they allow themselves to be sidelined by Corbyn's circus of stupidity, then they might not get the result they want. But whether you like it or not, people like Mrs May. and what you see as repetitive sloganeering, a lot of people see as firm and decisive leadership. I doubt there are many voters who will see the pivotal issues of this election being foxhunting or grammar schools. The good news is that the opposition DO think that, and are playing into the governments hands.

Brexit Brexit Brexit.

Come on, no party leader has ever been kept away from the public this much, they obviously don't trust her to be able to act normally without the confines of a scripted situation.

Corbyn, for all his manifest weaknesses, can at least engage with members of the public, and always has done.

If it is about Brexit then god help us and the Tory Party, it could be the end of them once that particular clusterfuck enfolds with this bunch of venal incompetents in charge. Fox, Johnson, Davis, May :lol: are we fucked or what? The 3 Stooges would be better.

Everyone realises it is not about Grammar Schools and fox hunting apart from Theresa May who appears to hold these two policies as some sort of talisman, I can only suppose they are the only ideas she personally came up with, they are stupid enough.

If people see repeating the slogan "Strong and Stable" to the point of general ridicule as firm and decisive leadership then they are morons and deserve the royal arse shagging they are about to receive from a Tory Party which only really cares about people like me, actually I am a bit of a pauper in their eyes they'd just expect my vote.

meanwhile, practically unnoticed, the BMA complain that the Tory Party have a "callous disregard" for the NHS while the general public scratch their arse and say that Corbyn doesn't look like a Prime Minister.

Fucking Turkeys deserve it all, Thank god for BUPA!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/18/doctors-leaders-accuse-ministers-of-callous-disregard-for-the-nhs

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 May 2017, 04:57

Laura Tory has just announced the latest May 'Pithy Slogan' ; we've had "Strong and Stable" now its bastard son emerges:

Tough, not Cruel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39956844

Thanks Laura.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 05:12

Diamond Dog wrote:Laura Tory has just announced the latest May 'Pithy Slogan' ; we've had "Strong and Stable" now its bastard son emerges:

Tough, not Cruel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39956844

Thanks Laura.

Is that the one for foxes or the disabled, difficult to tell when it comes to Tory slogans.

challenging, not psychotic
serious, not taking the piss
under-prepared, not stupid
shy, not socially inept
solitary, not friendless
Christian, just not like Jesus

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 May 2017, 05:28

I quite like "Fast and Loose" with regards to the truth.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2017, 06:57

Dull but not worthy?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2017, 06:58

Ripe and eatable?

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 18 May 2017, 07:56

Goat Boy wrote:I get that. I'm just saying hiring a communist to do the job might not play well with voters Labour would do well to win over.

Sadly, winning voters over is pretty much a lost cause.

With Corbyn, Abbott et al having seemingly dissuaded so many core past Labour voters (myself included) from voting from this time out and looking as though they have pushed many of the same group (myself most definitely not included) into voting Tory, I think hanging on to the rump of what support they had is going to be a tough struggle.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 08:07

fueryIre wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I get that. I'm just saying hiring a communist to do the job might not play well with voters Labour would do well to win over.

Sadly, winning voters over is pretty much a lost cause.

With Corbyn, Abbott et al having seemingly dissuaded so many core past Labour voters (myself included) from voting from this time out and looking as though they have pushed many of the same group (myself most definitely not included) into voting Tory, I think hanging on to the rump of what support they had is going to be a tough struggle.

Even current polls show Corbyn increasing the Labour % over Miliband.
The death of UKIP and refusal of the LibDems to rise phoenix-like in Tory areas is what is giving the Tories the lead, if it isn't just polling bias.

So people like you are a bitter twisted minority who had no place in Labour Party historically anyway.

If you think Corbyn is left wing Harold Wilson would have stunned you and Attlee probably put you into a dead a feint, even MacMillan would have been too rich for your thin blood.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 08:17

interesting

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-brexit-sterling-drop-gaffe-general-election-diane-abbott-far-worse-being-attacked-a7741116.html

hadn't heard that till now, wonder why?

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/05/17/hammonds-abbott-moment-but-far-worse-audio

This morning, on Radio 4’s Today programme, John Humphrys challenged Philip Hammond’s transparently false attack on Labour’s fully-costed manifesto – and Hammond went into a funk so profound that, while it’s tempting to call it his ‘Abbott moment’, it would be more fair to consider renaming Abbott’s interview to her ‘Hammond moment’.
Easily confused: Philip Hammond

Hammond attempted to portray Labour’s spending commitments as having a ‘£58 billion hole’ in them, but Humphrys pointed out that to reach that conclusion he had to conflate Labour’s ‘running costs’ and investment plans – which is something Hammond and his party don’t do about their own spending.

Hammond started to stammer – clearly with no clue how to proceed when things weren’t going to script except to fall back on his pre-scripted attack line and throw in a ridiculous ‘strong and stable’ and even a ‘magic money tree’

But the most disastrous point came when Humphrys asked Hammond how much the HS2 rail line is projected to cost – and Hammond got it wrong.

By a colossal 63%:
But let’s be clear – this is worse by a distance than Diane Abbott’s stumble a couple of weeks ago on the same show. Abbott was asked a question involving a series of figures and calculations. She got it badly wrong – but Chancellor Philip Hammond was asked about one simple number. One that he’s responsible for.

And he screwed it up. By 63%.

To his credit, Humphrys wasn’t finished with Hammond yet.

He mocked Hammond’s ‘mantra’ that Labour’s manifesto doesn’t add up – which Hammond kept repeating even though Humphrys had already shown him it wasn’t true – and even hammered home his ‘fully-costed’ point while telling Hammond how popular it was going to be:
He forced Hammond into an admission that ‘of course we’re going to borrow‘ in exactly the same way Labour would, for investment in infrastructure etc:
And he flustered Hammond so much that you can hear the Chancellor’s audible gulp at the beginning of this clip, before he stammers his way through a response that Humprhys again dismantles mercilessly:
Humphrys often frustrates left-leaning listeners with his apparent right-wing leanings, but he deserves credit for the way he exposed Hammond’s nonsense this morning. But whereas Abbott’s mishap was all over the broadcast and print media ad nauseam, Hammond’s car-crash has had almost no coverage. Even Politics Home’s mention above only touches on the wrong figure and not the rest of the stammering, Torybot disaster.

Hurrah for the free press, you wouldn't know this even happened unless you listened to the Toady program or burrowed below the line in the press or social media because the msm are strangely silent on Tory gaffes whilst running with Labour ones with undisguised glee.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 May 2017, 08:23

There seems to be a certain amount of hubris in the Tory Party that they can do just about anything and the Turkeys will vote for their Christmas.
I wonder how fucking over the wooly heads is going to play in Daily Mail land?

Return to “Nextdoorland”