May calls a snap election on June 8

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
K

Re: May calls a snap election on June 8

Postby K » 05 May 2017, 23:03

yomptepi wrote:.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on in Manchester. I suspect his lazy ways and that huge salary will corrupt him pretty quickly.

Fuck off, Yomp, he's giving 15% of that "huge salary" to a homeless charity. You nasty Tory shit.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 05 May 2017, 23:21

K wrote:
It will be interesting to see how he gets on in Manchester. I suspect his lazy ways and that huge salary will corrupt him pretty quickly.

Fuck off, Yomp, he's giving 15% of that "huge salary" to a homeless charity. You nasty Tory shit.

You really have no idea, do you?

From the MEN website.

"Greater Manchester’s new mayor will be paid £110,000, the M.E.N. can reveal.

The region’s new figurehead - who will be chosen next Thursday - will pick up the six-figure sum after an independent panel decided it was the most appropriate pay for the size of the job.

It's nearly double the payment recommended last year - £56,000 - as the most appropriate figure for interim mayor Tony Lloyd.

The allowance is also significantly more than those agreed by other areas about to elect mayors."

Greedy grasping cunt. 15% my cock.
You don't like me...do you?

K

Postby K » 06 May 2017, 07:36

Yes the greedy grasping cunt must have got to the independent panel.
Oh wait, you think he should have turned it down, don't you? Like the others would have done. Like you would have done.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 May 2017, 07:41

yomptepi wrote:
K wrote:

You really have no idea, do you?

From the MEN website.

"Greater Manchester’s new mayor will be paid £110,000, the M.E.N. can reveal.

The region’s new figurehead - who will be chosen next Thursday - will pick up the six-figure sum after an independent panel decided it was the most appropriate pay for the size of the job.

It's nearly double the payment recommended last year - £56,000 - as the most appropriate figure for interim mayor Tony Lloyd.

The allowance is also significantly more than those agreed by other areas about to elect mayors."

Greedy grasping cunt. 15% my cock.

A couple of things here which to most intelligent people wouldn't need pointing out, but...

From your own sources He decided to stand for mayor long before the wage was set , indeed when it was half the final figure. And the figure was set by an independent panel. Only in yomp's fevered, hate filled cranium does that make someone a grasping cunt.

In yomp world only loaded aristocrats and the robber barons of big business would ever be able to hold political office. Anyone else expecting an executive wage is a grasping cunt.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Nick

Postby Nick » 06 May 2017, 15:23

K wrote:You should have seen the Tory candidate. Duffer would be a compliment.

I thought Anstee was OK at the hustings we attended.

Him and Burnham aside, the rest were all varying degrees of appalling. The Green party bloke couldn't attend, so he sent a pale gothy student to deputise for him, whose political analysis was limited to bleating gems like "it'd be nice if everyone was nicer to each other, yeah?"

The lunatics from the English Democrats and UKIP got into quite an entertaining spat though. You could see Burnham thinking "what the fuck am I doing in a room with these fucking melts?"
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Canis lupus

Postby Canis lupus » 09 May 2017, 09:27

KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 09 May 2017, 09:33

oh whatever
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 May 2017, 09:35

¯\_(° ͜ʖ°)_/¯ wrote:Oy yoi yoi

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

The future is never certain. But using our advanced modelling techniques, we can estimate the probability of the various possible outcomes at the next general election.

No fucking shit, Sherlock.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 May 2017, 11:48

Nick wrote:
K wrote:You should have seen the Tory candidate. Duffer would be a compliment.

I thought Anstee was OK at the hustings we attended.

Him and Burnham aside, the rest were all varying degrees of appalling. The Green party bloke couldn't attend, so he sent a pale gothy student to deputise for him, whose political analysis was limited to bleating gems like "it'd be nice if everyone was nicer to each other, yeah?"

:lol:
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 May 2017, 14:07

Not that I follow British politics that much but I'm trying to remember the last politician who looked comfortable surrounded by the public they are trying to appeal to. I seen May today on Sky tv and she looked like she's rather have pins in her eyes that be out in the public. Our Enda's the same.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Canis lupus

Postby Canis lupus » 09 May 2017, 16:13

I thought Farage held his own in Edinburgh a couple of years ago (outside that pub on Royal Mile): truly a master at work.

You've forgotten about Brian Cowen?! He could certainly work a crowd (he could've taught Bono a thing or two).

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 09 May 2017, 16:35

¯\_(° ͜ʖ°)_/¯ wrote:I thought Farage held his own in Edinburgh a couple of years ago (outside that pub on Royal Mile): truly a master at work.

You've forgotten about Brian Cowen?! He could certainly work a crowd (he could've taught Bono a thing or two).

Farage hide inside the pub.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 May 2017, 17:09

Set your watches back to 1950, Maybot wants to bring back fox hunting!

As policies go this one is not a vote winner. In what universe would any hunting enthusiast not already be a rabid tory (or Kipper)?

She is so convinced she has this in the bag. I predict it will be hanging next as she completes her metamorphosis into Farage.

Sick sick times :(

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 May 2017, 20:41

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 May 2017, 11:23

Has this Labour manifesto leak backfired? It seems to me that it's rather heading towards what most disenfranchised labour voters would want.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 11 May 2017, 12:16

Darkness_Fish wrote:Has this Labour manifesto leak backfired? It seems to me that it's rather heading towards what most disenfranchised labour voters would want.

Ironic I think that the right wing press are all going with 'Labour wants to drag Britain back to the 1970s' when the tories seem to want to drag us back to the '50s.

The important part will be finding the money of course.

Nick

Postby Nick » 11 May 2017, 13:24

Deebank wrote:The important part will be finding the money of course.

Literally the million dollar question.

I was thinking about the proposal in Labour's manifesto to scrap university tuition fees. According to HESA statistics in the 2015-16 academic year (the most recently available data) there were around 1.5 million UK students in higher education in England & Wales.

If we figure that each of those students pays annual tuition fees, on average, of £10,000 (because while undergards pay a little more than £9k per year at the moment, a lot of universities now charge a lot more than £9k per year for postgrad courses) this gives us a rough figure of £15 billion, which the government will have to find every year.

And that's without factoring in the maintenance grants that Labour are promising. If they gave say, £3k per year to each student as a grant, that'd add another £4.5 billion to the bill, giving us a total of £19.5 billion.

The figures I've seen quoted from Labour seem to reckon they could fund fees AND grants for £10 billion. I'll be interested to see how they've costed that.

They also haven't mentioned if they'll fund free university education for EU and overseas students as well, which would vastly increase the costs.

Bear in mind also that scrapping tuition fees is likely to result in a sudden and sustained increase in the numbers of HE students in England & Wales, because if you can go to university for free, why wouldn't you?

So the bill could easily end up being significantly greater than even my back of a fag packet calculations.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 11 May 2017, 13:30

and what about the money already owed by millions of young people. Surely he would have to cancel all outstanding loans too. How much would that cost?
You don't like me...do you?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 11 May 2017, 13:31

I am confident the numbers have been well and truly crunched
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Return to “Nextdoorland”