May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
echolalia

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby echolalia » 09 Jul 2018, 16:30

I hear the sound of knives being sharpened… May will never succeed in selling Brexit to the British public (she can't even sell it to her own cabinet, as Corbyn pointed out) because she doesn’t believe in it. It’s like buying meat from a vegan butcher.

JQW

Postby JQW » 09 Jul 2018, 17:00

Diamond Dog wrote:To lose one Minister may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.......

The last time two ministers resigned within 24 hours of each other was back in 1979.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

JQW

Postby JQW » 09 Jul 2018, 17:01

Publication of the Brexit White Paper due on on Thursday has been delayed until "next week".
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Jul 2018, 18:26

echolalia wrote:I hear the sound of knives being sharpened… May will never succeed in selling Brexit to the British public (she can't even sell it to her own cabinet, as Corbyn pointed out) because she doesn’t believe in it. It’s like buying meat from a vegan butcher.

I think this is probably spot on.

The trouble is if she goes, it could go either way, and I suspect the brexiteers will have the tiller...And that won't be pretty.
You don't like me...do you?

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 09 Jul 2018, 18:35

yomptepi wrote:
echolalia wrote:I hear the sound of knives being sharpened… May will never succeed in selling Brexit to the British public (she can't even sell it to her own cabinet, as Corbyn pointed out) because she doesn’t believe in it. It’s like buying meat from a vegan butcher.

The trouble is if she goes, it could go either way, and I suspect the brexiteers will have the tiller...And that won't be pretty.

I think there are enough hard Brexiters in the Tory party to replace her, but not enough in Parliament to get it passed.Pyrrhic victory? Who knows.
What a feckin shambles.
Good riddance to Boris though. Gurning idiot.Cant believe that people are still fooled by him.
Bless the weather.......Image

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 09 Jul 2018, 19:37

Time for yet another general election. Maybe save time by holding a second referendum on the same day.
Cameron should have to pay for it.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Jul 2018, 21:46

Just in case you missed the good news :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44774702

Jeremy Hunt to replace Johnson.

Yabba-dabba-doo.
Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.......

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Jul 2018, 23:17

"We're wasting daylight here!"
Nikki Gradual wrote: Santana is just lift music really, isn’t it ?

caramba

Postby caramba » 10 Jul 2018, 09:28

Positive Passion wrote:Time for yet another general election. Maybe save time by holding a second referendum on the same day.
Cameron should have to pay for it.

You could seize that cunt Cameron's DNA; replace the entire UK workforce with him and his simulcarums and make them work 24/7 at treble time rates for the next 50 years and it still wouldn't begin to repay the cost of the damage his stupidity has cost and - more importantly - has yet to cost the UK.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 10 Jul 2018, 16:05

yomptepi wrote:

They wouldn’t have a majority in Parliament though which would make things interesting.

They could of course ride roughshod over the idea of parliamentary democracy but I reckon they’d be ousted pronto. I suppose much depends on whether the Tory remainders hate and fear the idea of a Corbyn government more than the Brexiteers. :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 13 Jul 2018, 10:02

May invites a pig into the house and watches it shit on the floor.
I have known Student Union officials with a better sense of political judgement than Theresa May.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Jul 2018, 10:49

Deebank wrote:They could of course ride roughshod over the idea of parliamentary democracy but I reckon they’d be ousted pronto. I suppose much depends on whether the Tory remainders hate and fear the idea of a Corbyn government more than the Brexiteers. :?

A Corbyn government?

There isn't even a Corbyn opposition.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Jul 2018, 11:02

Nikki Gradual wrote: Santana is just lift music really, isn’t it ?

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Jul 2018, 16:46

Copehead wrote:May invites a pig into the house and watches it shit on the floor.
I have known Student Union officials with a better sense of political judgement than Theresa May.

It is baffling to me why any world leader would invite Trump to their country. Well outside of Putin and Kim.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 13 Jul 2018, 17:08

Six String wrote:
Copehead wrote:May invites a pig into the house and watches it shit on the floor.

It is baffling to me why any world leader would invite Trump to their country. Well outside of Putin and Kim.

Because we're crashing out of the European Union and desperately want to be the 51st State.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 13 Jul 2018, 21:00

The Prof wrote:
Six String wrote:

Because we're crashing out of the European Union and desperately want to be the 51st State.

Have you seen May being dragged around by the hand like a runty poodle by Trump on the news? I think we are there already.

Anyone with a scintilla of self respect would have told him to fuck off.

She makes me embarrassed to be British.

Grow some ovaries lady!
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Jul 2018, 22:43

Copehead wrote:
The Prof wrote:
Six String wrote:

Have you seen May being dragged around by the hand like a runty poodle by Trump on the news? I think we are there already.

Grow some ovaries lady!

Compared to the way Blair was scampering around Bush jr, she is acting with dignity and poise.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Jul 2018, 23:14

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
The Prof wrote:

Grow some ovaries lady!

Compared to the way Blair was scampering around Bush jr, she is acting with dignity and poise.

Shame on you. The positions are not comparable, and when you put your brain in, you know it.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Jul 2018, 00:15

Positive Passion wrote:
Shame on you. The positions are not comparable, and when you put your brain in, you know it.

Well do explain.

Both are looking for approval from a more powerful man. Both more than willing to bend over and take what it takes to get it.

What differences do you see?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 Jul 2018, 00:49

I don't see Blair as a runty poodle. An over-excited spaniel perhaps?
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin