May still desperately clinging on to power

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5306
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Apr 2018, 11:56

Jewdas official statement:
"Our Statement On Our Seder

While we remain opposed to the monarchy, we were delighted that the leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition, Jeremy Corbyn accepted our invitation to join the Jewdas community Seder. Jeremy was a 10/10 guest and provided delicious maror from his allotment.

In 1812 the British Government designated Jewdas to be the sole representative body for British Jews. We fulfil our role of being the voice for Anglo-Jewry by writing funny tweets, holding great parties and passing on the memes which we receive from God, via Geoffrey Cohen.

Sadly our God-given right to be the sole spokespeople for Anglo-Jewry is not respected by many heretical organisations which are known as ‘The Jewish Establishment’.
One such organisation is the dangerous fringe group which calls itself ‘The Bored of Deputies’. They continue to insist that their outdated and niche views represent all Jews.

We have been campaigning against antisemitism on the Left and the Right for many years. Like, way before it was popular. We have run anti-antisemitism workshops in such far flung corners as Marseille and Bloomsbury, opposed neo-Nazi demos in Stamford Hill and Golders Green, produced and distributed information on how to criticise Israel WITHOUT being antisemitic, demonstrated against left-antisemite Gilad Atzmon, and most importantly mercilessly took the piss out of Ken Livingstone. You could call us trend setters.

We are not happy with the Jewish Establishment, but we remain deeply involved in many synagogues and communal organisations (although this is mostly for the free food). We are unhappy with the pervasive antisemitism that still remains on the Left but continue to remain very much involved because we are committed to a better world and a better Left, and believe that the only way to tackle antisemitism is to keep fighting for our rights in the diaspora.

We are thrilled to be getting so much attention that Stephen Pollard was forced to admit we are a legitimate part of the Jewish community."
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8673
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby WG Kaspar » 04 Apr 2018, 12:56

There's still magic in BCB
I run out of talent

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5306
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Apr 2018, 13:58

That was their official statement, I wasn't taking the piss.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 04 Apr 2018, 14:01

Darkness_Fish wrote:Jewdas official statement:
"Our Statement On Our Seder

While we remain opposed to the monarchy, we were delighted that the leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition, Jeremy Corbyn accepted our invitation to join the Jewdas community Seder. Jeremy was a 10/10 guest and provided delicious maror from his allotment.

In 1812 the British Government designated Jewdas to be the sole representative body for British Jews. We fulfil our role of being the voice for Anglo-Jewry by writing funny tweets, holding great parties and passing on the memes which we receive from God, via Geoffrey Cohen.

Sadly our God-given right to be the sole spokespeople for Anglo-Jewry is not respected by many heretical organisations which are known as ‘The Jewish Establishment’.
One such organisation is the dangerous fringe group which calls itself ‘The Bored of Deputies’. They continue to insist that their outdated and niche views represent all Jews.

We have been campaigning against antisemitism on the Left and the Right for many years. Like, way before it was popular. We have run anti-antisemitism workshops in such far flung corners as Marseille and Bloomsbury, opposed neo-Nazi demos in Stamford Hill and Golders Green, produced and distributed information on how to criticise Israel WITHOUT being antisemitic, demonstrated against left-antisemite Gilad Atzmon, and most importantly mercilessly took the piss out of Ken Livingstone. You could call us trend setters.

We are not happy with the Jewish Establishment, but we remain deeply involved in many synagogues and communal organisations (although this is mostly for the free food). We are unhappy with the pervasive antisemitism that still remains on the Left but continue to remain very much involved because we are committed to a better world and a better Left, and believe that the only way to tackle antisemitism is to keep fighting for our rights in the diaspora.

We are thrilled to be getting so much attention that Stephen Pollard was forced to admit we are a legitimate part of the Jewish community."


I'd take issue with their statement that anti-semitism is "pervasive" on the left, the numbers show it isn't it is a tiny minority, but other than that good on them

The Jewish, and wider, right have shown them selves up as a bunch of reactionary arseholes more interested in playing politics than anti-semitism in the way they have tried to portray these japesters as being anti-semitic just so they could attack Corbyn again.

Well it looks like that has blown up in their faces, couldn't happen to a nastier bunch :)
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 04 Apr 2018, 18:06

And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8257
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Pansy Puff » 05 Apr 2018, 16:37

The Independent:
Over the past month, Theresa May has received widespread praise for her handling of the ever stranger Skripals affair. Her response can even be said to have revived her fortunes as prime minister and Conservative Party leader, at a time when she was under fire for taking too hard, or more often too soft, a line on Brexit. It was seen as speedy, calm, multilateral, forthright and tough – exemplifying many of the very qualities she was accused of lacking.

Of course, it was a relatively easy call: the iniquities of today’s Russia are something most Conservative MPs, indeed, most MPs full stop, can agree on. Then again, seeing an opportunity and seizing it are what so much of politics is about.

But could – should? – that verdict on Theresa May now be revised? It now seems that the air of utter certainty which has distinguished the approach of the prime minister, the foreign secretary and the defence secretary from the start, and persuaded the vast majority of EU countries and a host of others to join a collective expulsion of Russian diplomats, might have been – how shall we say? – a tad premature.

And guess who was arguing this at the time? Why, the leader of the opposition, who was howled down in the Commons, including by some on his own side, for daring to warn against a rush to judgement and calling for the involvement of international bodies. These were timid enough reservations, which nonetheless earned him the charge of being “a national disgrace” from his own side and in the national media of being “a Kremlin stooge”.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65821
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Apr 2018, 12:43

This is all going so well... less than a year to go kids!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... e=Facebook

The EU has comprehensively rejected British proposals for avoiding a hard border in Northern Ireland in a move which will cast serious doubt on the UK’s ability to leave the customs union, The Telegraph has learned.

Senior EU diplomatic sources said that Mrs May’s plan for avoiding a hard border in Northern Ireland was subjected to a “systematic and forensic annihilation” this week at a meeting between senior EU officials and Olly Robbins, the UK’s lead Brexit negotiator.

“It was a detailed and forensic rebuttal,” added the source who was directly briefed on the meeting in Brussels on Wednesday. “It was made clear that none of the UK’s customs options will work. None of them.”
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12283
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Geezee » 03 May 2018, 09:27

For the first time, I literally had no idea who I was going to be voting for when I entered the booth this morning. Awful feeling.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2018, 09:46

Hope you didn't vote for the racists:

https://evolvepolitics.com/eigtheen-tory-councillors-and-candidates-were-suspended-for-racism-and-abuse-last-month-alone

An astonishing 18 Conservative Councillors and Council candidates have been suspended from the Tory party within the last month alone for alleged racism and abuse.

And just to emphasise: these 18 suspensions don’t even include Tory Party members – these were elected Tory politicians and prospective Council candidates. The scale of the Tories’ problem is truly undeniable.


Shows the power of the media to create a narrative to try and poison one party in the voters minds.

And that is before you get to their 3 line whip to stop scrutiny of the documents about the Windrush case. That would obviously fuck May up and her survival is more important than justice for British citizens.

The real racist party, and why would it even be a surprise to anyone?
Last edited by Copehead on 03 May 2018, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2018, 09:49

With their campaign slogan:

"Vote Conservative for lower council taxes and better services"

The Tories are obviously going hard at the "educationally challenged" vote.

They think we are idiots and enough of us prove them right by voting for this magical thinking.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby The Prof » 03 May 2018, 10:12

K wrote:The Independent:
Over the past month, Theresa May has received widespread praise for her handling of the ever stranger Skripals affair. Her response can even be said to have revived her fortunes as prime minister and Conservative Party leader, at a time when she was under fire for taking too hard, or more often too soft, a line on Brexit. It was seen as speedy, calm, multilateral, forthright and tough – exemplifying many of the very qualities she was accused of lacking.

Of course, it was a relatively easy call: the iniquities of today’s Russia are something most Conservative MPs, indeed, most MPs full stop, can agree on. Then again, seeing an opportunity and seizing it are what so much of politics is about.

But could – should? – that verdict on Theresa May now be revised? It now seems that the air of utter certainty which has distinguished the approach of the prime minister, the foreign secretary and the defence secretary from the start, and persuaded the vast majority of EU countries and a host of others to join a collective expulsion of Russian diplomats, might have been – how shall we say? – a tad premature.

And guess who was arguing this at the time? Why, the leader of the opposition, who was howled down in the Commons, including by some on his own side, for daring to warn against a rush to judgement and calling for the involvement of international bodies. These were timid enough reservations, which nonetheless earned him the charge of being “a national disgrace” from his own side and in the national media of being “a Kremlin stooge”.


Incredible. That's just a Press Release from Theresa May's Office.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2018, 10:34

The Prof wrote:
K wrote:The Independent:
Over the past month, Theresa May has received widespread praise for her handling of the ever stranger Skripals affair. Her response can even be said to have revived her fortunes as prime minister and Conservative Party leader, at a time when she was under fire for taking too hard, or more often too soft, a line on Brexit. It was seen as speedy, calm, multilateral, forthright and tough – exemplifying many of the very qualities she was accused of lacking.

Of course, it was a relatively easy call: the iniquities of today’s Russia are something most Conservative MPs, indeed, most MPs full stop, can agree on. Then again, seeing an opportunity and seizing it are what so much of politics is about.

But could – should? – that verdict on Theresa May now be revised? It now seems that the air of utter certainty which has distinguished the approach of the prime minister, the foreign secretary and the defence secretary from the start, and persuaded the vast majority of EU countries and a host of others to join a collective expulsion of Russian diplomats, might have been – how shall we say? – a tad premature.

And guess who was arguing this at the time? Why, the leader of the opposition, who was howled down in the Commons, including by some on his own side, for daring to warn against a rush to judgement and calling for the involvement of international bodies. These were timid enough reservations, which nonetheless earned him the charge of being “a national disgrace” from his own side and in the national media of being “a Kremlin stooge”.


Incredible. That's just a Press Release from Theresa May's Office.


The first part maybe, but the second 2 paragraph bit sounds a note of caution. It has all gone quite on this one. It could be that they are, finally, just letting the Police do their job as Corbyn suggested they do before throwing around accusations. But it could also be because they have made a mighty fuck up. I suspect the common sense has prevailed in the Tory Party and they decided to go on a different tack to smear Corbyn.

And perhaps if the Conservative Party agree about the inequities of modern Russia they should had back the millions they have taken from its ruling Oligarchs.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2018, 12:02

Interesting to see that the Conservatives are introducing US style voter suppression tactics into UK elelections.

Piloting voter ID requirements in 5 areas which haven't seen a single case of voter fraud in at least 10 years.

When you are losing the argument try and ensure your opponents can't vote - vote suppression laws - or make sure their votes don't counts as much - Gerrymandering.

Little surprise to see Tories following the Republicans lead on this as it appears to be effective if incredibly anti-democratic; but when have they ever cared about that?
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12283
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Geezee » 03 May 2018, 12:18

Copehead wrote:Hope you didn't vote for the racists:


I would rather die than vote tory.
But I was stuck for a choice ebtween Lib Dem, Green and Labour. Labour screwed up the local politics pretty significantly both in my ward and borough (I'm in Haringey...) - but while I accept that there are more things than Brexit to vote for locally, it's pretty hard to look past the fact that the stance of these parties impacts whether or nto I'm even going to be able to live in this country/local council in the foreseeable future. In theory the Lib Dems are the safest bet on that front, but I can't bring myself to look past the fact that they collaborated with this fcking government to begin with. And you can't vote blank in UK elections which really aggravates me as it would be my natural port of call.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23695
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2018, 14:56

Geezee wrote:
Copehead wrote:Hope you didn't vote for the racists:


I would rather die than vote tory.
But I was stuck for a choice ebtween Lib Dem, Green and Labour. Labour screwed up the local politics pretty significantly both in my ward and borough (I'm in Haringey...) - but while I accept that there are more things than Brexit to vote for locally, it's pretty hard to look past the fact that the stance of these parties impacts whether or nto I'm even going to be able to live in this country/local council in the foreseeable future. In theory the Lib Dems are the safest bet on that front, but I can't bring myself to look past the fact that they collaborated with this fcking government to begin with. And you can't vote blank in UK elections which really aggravates me as it would be my natural port of call.


I thought Haringey Labour had got rid of all the Blue Labour types who wanted to sell off all their land to private developers

I'd go Green if your local Labour councillor is a butthead, but chances are Labour will get in anyway, especially after ousting the privatisers.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad
Posts: 50804
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 03 May 2018, 16:19

Geezee wrote:(I'm in Haringey...)


Me too. It was a pretty easy choice to make for me because two of my ward Labour candidates are vehemently against the Haringey Development Vehicle and the third has proved himself to be an excellent, approachable councillor (so much so that you actually forgive his support of the HDV).
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

User avatar
Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad
Posts: 50804
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 03 May 2018, 16:23

Copehead wrote:
I thought Haringey Labour had got rid of all the Blue Labour types who wanted to sell off all their land to private developers


Not yet. Quite a few sitting councillors were not reselected, such was the grassroots feeling across the borough, but they've all been in place until today, of course. It'll be interesting to see what the turn out is. If all or most Labour candidates are returned, it'll mean a sizeable majority of anti-HDV councillors in the town hall.
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12283
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Geezee » 04 May 2018, 08:52

For me (and most Europeans like myself whom I talk to) it comes down to a complete inability to vote Labour on their Brexit stance. Since I've been able to vote, I've never agreed with as many Labour policies or its leader as much as I do now - yet on the one that matters most to me they've got it completely wrong from the beginning so it's unconscionable for me to vote for them.

Makes me sick to the bone, but I spoiled my ballot in the end. :(
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23053
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Toby » 04 May 2018, 08:54

Mixed results. Certainly not the bloody nose that Labour was hoping for at all, although Tory gains it seems mostly due to general UKIP disintegration.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12283
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: May still desperately clinging on to power

Postby Geezee » 04 May 2018, 08:57

I genuinely do not understand how any one can vote Tory today. It's simply beyond my comprehension. I will always vehemently disagree with Tories on policy but generally speaking I've always at least respected that they have had competent people in important positions, and so could vaguely accept that even if people vote for awful policies, at least the damage will be limited by having competent people. Is there a single even vaguely competent person in any office of government right now?
Last edited by Geezee on 04 May 2018, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON