Facebook cliches/memes

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
DADDY-O
hounds people off the board

Facebook cliches/memes

Postby DADDY-O » 07 Apr 2017, 13:30

I really like "xxxxx have let themselves go". If you choose the right band and post it under all the 'looking good!'-type comments for a picture, that one always gets me chuckling.
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Facebook cliches/memes

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Apr 2017, 13:33

I like Yomps "turd" comments.

It's that thing of all this effusive praise and then just a blunt one word response that somehow punctures the whole previous "debate". That sorta thing, if done well, always makes me smile
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Jimbo wrote:I am not endorsing Hitler

DADDY-O

Postby DADDY-O » 07 Apr 2017, 13:37

Goat Boy wrote:I like Yomps "turd" comments.

It's that thing of all this effusive praise and then just a blunt one word response that somehow punctures the whole previous "debate". That sorta thing, if done well, always makes me smile

YES! that's exactly it.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Apr 2017, 13:38

See also: SHITE
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

DADDY-O

Postby DADDY-O » 07 Apr 2017, 13:43

It's funny how you get these Facebook groups who only talk positively about an artist's work.

I'm in a Lou Reed/VU group and they post all sorts of shite, different albums, songs, pictures, they're all over it. 'yeh this one's a beauty' etc, a huge list of similar comments. It never fails to give me a wee kick to post 'this is absolute fucking cobblers' or something similar.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Apr 2017, 13:47

I was a member of the My Morning Jacket board years and years ago. Similar thing. Endless praise, unbelievably polite conversation, all this "well it's not rubbish, it's all subjective after all" shite.

I was banned within a month

DADDY-O

Postby DADDY-O » 07 Apr 2017, 14:02

:)

Good lad.

Day off?

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 07 Apr 2017, 14:04

Yeah, why don't you fellows get together for a nice salad or something?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Apr 2017, 14:06

Dog Pickle 'BEAUT' wrote::)

Good lad.

Day off?

No but it's my last day at work till a week Tuesday

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Apr 2017, 17:14

On a slightly different note, just seeing the words 'The Mind Unleashed' is enough to make my arse squirt. And at the weekend I saw an inspirational quote that had been made out of something Lena Dunham said. Armageddon can speed on.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Apr 2017, 18:24

I made a comment in the Facebook Now Playing thread where I didn't think an album some woman posted was that great - a mildly humorous comment I'd post on here - and some folks were insulted that I shouldn't be doing that.

Sometimes I unfollow folks I know who are relentlessly positive. Even when they post about something bad, they'll comment about "just another one of life's challenges."

I follow Mindy Kaling on Twitter and she had a funny comment today that as she gets older, the most positive feeling she gets when something doesn't go wrong is relief.
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 10 Apr 2017, 19:17

Minnie the Minx wrote:On a slightly different note, just seeing the words 'The Mind Unleashed' is enough to make my arse squirt. And at the weekend I saw an inspirational quote that had been made out of something Lena Dunham said. Armageddon can speed on.

There you go, moaning about the rain drops when you should be dancing in the spaces in between them!

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Apr 2017, 16:18

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Yeah, why don't you fellows get together for a nice salad or something?

Turd.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Nick

Postby Nick » 12 Apr 2017, 09:46

Minnie the Minx wrote:On a slightly different note, just seeing the words 'The Mind Unleashed' is enough to make my arse squirt. And at the weekend I saw an inspirational quote that had been made out of something Lena Dunham said. Armageddon can speed on.

Inspirational memes, passive-aggressive whingeing, and social justice warrior stuff all make my cursor hover over the block or unfriend buttons.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Apr 2017, 10:09

Nick wrote:

Inspirational memes, passive-aggressive whingeing, and social justice warrior stuff all make my cursor hover over the block or unfriend buttons.

I have no idea what you are talking about!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Apr 2017, 11:16

you ok hun ?
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 12 Apr 2017, 12:03

How far is one allowed to care about stuff before they become a "social justice warrior"?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Nick

Postby Nick » 12 Apr 2017, 12:29

Jeemo wrote:How far is one allowed to care about stuff before they become a "social justice warrior"?

My short, flippant answer would be: up to the point where one begins behaving like a prick.

My serious answer would be that I don't think the sort of thing I meant has much to do with genuinely caring. I'm not referring to activists per se. Proper SJW nonsense, you know it when you see it.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 12 Apr 2017, 12:49

Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 12 Apr 2017, 13:29

Honey G looks like Bruce Forsyth? Who knew...

Return to “Nextdoorland”