Facebook cliches/memes

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
DADDY-O
hounds people off the board

Re: Facebook cliches/memes

Postby DADDY-O » 12 Apr 2017, 17:28

Jeemo wrote:How far is one allowed to care about stuff before they become a "social justice warrior"?

Another thing I'd ask myself is: if you care about something, why would you need to post something about it on Facebook?

I suppose you could answer 'to bring it to other people's attention' - which is only sometimes the case.
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 12 Apr 2017, 17:34

DADDY-O wrote:
Jeemo wrote:How far is one allowed to care about stuff before they become a "social justice warrior"?

Another thing I'd ask myself is: if you care about something, why would you need to post something about it on Facebook?

I suppose you could answer 'to bring it to other people's attention' - which is only sometimes the case.

How do you know when people aren't genuine in what they post?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

DADDY-O
hounds people off the board

Postby DADDY-O » 12 Apr 2017, 17:39

I'm not saying I know. I'm just saying you can be fairly sure that some of the time, people post something for more selfish reasons.
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2017, 17:49

Nick wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:On a slightly different note, just seeing the words 'The Mind Unleashed' is enough to make my arse squirt. And at the weekend I saw an inspirational quote that had been made out of something Lena Dunham said. Armageddon can speed on.

Inspirational memes, passive-aggressive whingeing, and social justice warrior stuff all make my cursor hover over the block or unfriend buttons.

Kid P posted this video this week of a penguin traveling back to a So. African beach where a man saved him five years ago and the penguin has returned every year.

My response was, "Couldn't the bird put a note in a bottle, flung it into the ocean, and saved himself the trip?"

I will do that to people I know, who know my sense of humor, but post really positive, heart-warming stories. Sometimes their other friends will take offense though. Nice stories balance out the vitriol of social media, but some people see the joy in getting four flat tires on the freeway and that kind of attitude kinda bugs me as disingenuous.
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Apr 2017, 18:06

DADDY-O wrote:Another thing I'd ask myself is: if you care about something, why would you need to post something about it on Facebook?

I think that, for a lot of people, Facebook is reality.
Jimbo wrote: And if there is war with Russia, a lot of people will die, maybe the east coast will vanish, but still and all, shit will work out.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 13 Apr 2017, 13:39

Snarfyguy wrote:
DADDY-O wrote:Another thing I'd ask myself is: if you care about something, why would you need to post something about it on Facebook?

I think that, for a lot of people, Facebook is reality.

ha, the matrix is real!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Apr 2017, 16:43

I've been trying not to implode about the somehow impossible to avoid shrieking hysteria that Judge Abdus - Salaam has been murdered. A million people have taken to the internet to register their outrage at this racist killing - with no facts to hand and with the only wish to blurt out something because they feel they ought to. As in the case of the Georgia man who committed suicide, taking a breath and considering the sadness of mental health takes a backseat to just saying the first thing that comes into your head.
I just shouldn't read the comments.
Don't read the comments.
Don't read the comments.

*goes to read more comments*
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Apr 2017, 16:55

Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Return to “Nextdoorland”