hazing/pledge parties

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: hazing/pledge parties

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Mar 2017, 21:55

Deebank wrote:When I worked for the students' union one guy from the rugby team (and to be fair the football team were just as bad if not worse) came to see my mate and colleague who was the student welfare officer. This guy had gotten completely rat-arsed and his team mates had attempted to - and I believe succeeded - shove a pool ball up his anus.

That's what I mean. Who thinks of this shit?

It's never ever crossed my mind to shove a pool ball up someone's ass or tie someone's hands together and push them in a lake. The closest thing to initiation I've even remotely come close to is someone buying the first round.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

//..ooOOoo..\\
hounds people off the board

Postby //..ooOOoo..\\ » 30 Mar 2017, 22:01

The film I mentioned at the start is pretty good, by the way, altho' it's a tough watch in places. I only started to watch it as it was on HBO last night. It gets good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and other sites.
BB wrote:The exodus of posters from here over the years can be put directly at your door. Many people don't agree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 30 Mar 2017, 22:28

sloopjohnc wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Frats were the biggest assholes at U.T. when I went there, bar none.

My ex was in a sorority at UT. When I found out, I almost took back the proposal.

:lol:
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Mar 2017, 22:35

Dog Pickle 'BEAUT' wrote:The film I mentioned at the start is pretty good, by the way, altho' it's a tough watch in places. I only started to watch it as it was on HBO last night. It gets good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and other sites.

Really? I caught it on HBO and turned it after a couple minutes.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

//..ooOOoo..\\
hounds people off the board

Postby //..ooOOoo..\\ » 30 Mar 2017, 22:49

I can completely understand that. I nearly did the same thing. They're a horrible bunch of characters and the start gives a bad impression.

I'd give it another go, honestly.
BB wrote:The exodus of posters from here over the years can be put directly at your door. Many people don't agree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 30 Mar 2017, 23:13

sloopjohnc wrote:
It's never ever crossed my mind to shove a pool ball up someone's ass

I bet you say that to all your dates.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Mar 2017, 23:32

Dog Pickle 'BEAUT' wrote:I can completely understand that. I nearly did the same thing. They're a horrible bunch of characters and the start gives a bad impression.

I'd give it another go, honestly.

If they stuff a pool ball up someone's ass, I'm comin' for ya.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Mar 2017, 23:33

Hugh wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

They usually say that to me.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 30 Mar 2017, 23:36

sloopjohnc wrote:
Hugh wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

They usually say that to me.

Followed by: "but in your case I'll make an exception"?

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 31 Mar 2017, 07:19

Deebank wrote:When I worked for the students' union one guy from the rugby team (and to be fair the football team were just as bad if not worse) came to see my mate and colleague who was the student welfare officer. This guy had gotten completely rat-arsed and his team mates had attempted to - and I believe succeeded - shove a pool ball up his anus.

Did you tell him to get to the end of the queue?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 31 Mar 2017, 08:35

sloopjohnc wrote:

That's what I mean. Who thinks of this shit?

It's never ever crossed my mind to shove a pool ball up someone's ass or tie someone's hands together and push them in a lake. The closest thing to initiation I've even remotely come close to is someone buying the first round.

To be fair, I don't believe this was any sort of formal ritual, just a spur of the moment thing probably. But you'd like to think that any suggesting of this sort of violation would be met with utter revulsion. Pack mentality.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 31 Mar 2017, 08:36

Hugh wrote:

Did you tell him to get to the end of the queue?

Indeed. With friends like those, who needs...

No , I can't do it!
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 31 Mar 2017, 23:44

Goat Boy wrote:Soggy biscuit was just some urban myth, wasn't it? You used to hear it about it growing up.

It was certainly a reality for the rugby team when I was at university.

I think a male fresher died from alcohol poisoning in Exeter in the last year or so - some sort of hazing type be one of the boys activity.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 03 Apr 2017, 19:44

I was a 'colleger' at Eton and became a fag to a well known member of the aristocracy. Goodness , some of the tales I could tell ! However , my fag master declared me to be a "first rate fellow " before he left. Therefore , mums the word.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 03 Apr 2017, 20:59

jimboo wrote:I was a 'colleger' at Eton and became a fag to a well known member of the aristocracy. Goodness , some of the tales I could tell ! However , my fag master declared me to be a "first rate fellow " before he left. Therefore , mums the word.

I never realised you were upper middle class!
I run out of talent

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Apr 2017, 16:31

In brazilian jiu-jitsu, once you get up to the coloured belts, there's a ritual of having to walk the gauntlet with your GI jacket off. All the while getting wacked front and back by your teammates with their belts. Some gyms go further were you have to do a shark tank type job. You have to roll with a new guy every minute on the minute for a certain amount of time.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2017, 18:33

Really? You gotta be sick in the head to pull this kinda thing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... zings.html

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 13 Apr 2017, 19:36

Matt Wilson wrote:I remember one time I let slip that I didn't like the song "Muskrat Love" by Captain & Tenille. So he put it on a 90 minute cassette and played it continuously for hours to torture us. And he did it every fucking day for a week...

To be fair, it did mentally prepare you for that 73-disc Dead box set.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 13 Apr 2017, 20:12

Basic training in the army was pretty brutal. Any weakness, real or perceived were exposed and sometimes dealt with extreme measures. Reminded me a bit of my last school.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 14 Apr 2017, 10:36

Jumper K wrote: Reminded me a bit of my last school.

He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Return to “Nextdoorland”