Mhairi Black

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Mhairi Black

Postby Toby » 13 Mar 2017, 14:59

Oh boohoo your job is too difficult so you want to resign.

FFS.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Mhairi Black

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Mar 2017, 15:44

She's young but aye. Maybe she shoulda went on a gap year to Australia instead
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Mar 2017, 15:45

I would have thought it was Rule # 1: Don't ask people to vote for you and then complain about having been elected.
Jimbo wrote: And if there is war with Russia, a lot of people will die, maybe the east coast will vanish, but still and all, shit will work out.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 13 Mar 2017, 16:31

She was a one shot rifle. She simply does not have the education or the political experience to represent people in Parliament. Being a whizz on Twitter is NOT enough to be a part of the government. What does she know about anything?
You don't like me...do you?

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 13 Mar 2017, 17:25

yomptepi wrote: What does she know about anything?

Has to be said that this has rarely stopped generations of MP's from all sides..........................
Bless the weather.......Image

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 13 Mar 2017, 17:35

Indeed. I would rather see a parliament made up of Mhairi Blacks than Jacob Rhees-Moggs.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Mar 2017, 17:36

I really wouldn't want to see either
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Mar 2017, 17:37

yomptepi wrote:She was a one shot rifle. She simply does not have the education or the political experience to represent people in Parliament. Being a whizz on Twitter is NOT enough to be a part of the government. What does she know about anything?

Have you seen who our country elected President?
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Mar 2017, 18:29

I don't for one minute suggest the Mhairi Black is stupid. Far from it. She has a touch of the Owen Jones about her. But he has made some terrible mistakes, which have seen him marginalised by the Labour leadership. when a few months ago he was their shining beacon of hope. Mhairi Black has more passion than most, but lacks context for a lot of her opinions. And she clearly lacks a depth of knowledge and experience to be able to take on the really big and complex issues of government.

of course, she is a member of a one policy party, which makes things a little easier. But she must be wising up to the fact that the SNP are little more than flag waving nationalists, who want to keep everything and contribute nothing. They are Tartan Tories. looking after the well to do. None of their policies is aimed at the real working class, or the poor and disabled. They are the party of free social care and free university places, which mainly benefit the middle and upper income groups. She must see that. As she must look at the SNP in Westminster, and see a group of white middle aged , middle class men in suits , with a few token women to bolster the numbers. Its enough to douse cold water on the most passionate idealist. her natural home is the Labour Party. That is where she should be.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Mar 2017, 18:35

She has a First Class Honours degree in Politics and Public Policy from Glasgow. She's young for sure.

That said, she really has to re-think her hair do: personal appearance matters. It shouldn't but it does.
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Mar 2017, 18:41

Samoan wrote:

She has a First Class Honours degree in Politics and Public Policy from Glasgow. She's young for sure.

That said, she really has to re-think her hair do: personal appearance matters. It shouldn't but it does.

ahem...

and the University of Glasgow, where she was awarded a first-class honours degree in politics and public policy in June 2015.[3][5][6] At the time of her election she had not yet completed her undergraduate degree, with a final exam on Scottish politics still to be undertaken.[7]

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Mar 2017, 18:44

So ?
She had not yet graduated when she was voted MP. She'd have done the course work as her finals result attests.
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Mar 2017, 18:57

yomptepi wrote:I don't for one minute suggest the Mhairi Black is stupid. ]

I must have misread that on FB yesterday when you called her (and I quote) "thick as a brick", I guess?

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Mar 2017, 19:03

Diamond Dog wrote:

I must have misread that on FB yesterday when you called her (and I quote) "thick as a brick", I guess?

:o

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 13 Mar 2017, 19:13

Her Dad is a good guy does work in our area encouraging kids to make the best of themselves. Especially kids with difficult starts in life.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

KATANGA MY FRIEND!
hounds people off the board

Postby KATANGA MY FRIEND! » 13 Mar 2017, 19:51

Diamond Dog wrote:

:lol:
Jimbo wrote:I shake my head here at how pettily you behave, how narrowly you think, at your black and white view of current events

Return to “Nextdoorland”