Rebellious Arcade

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
martha
rambling rose

Re: Rebellious Arcade

Postby martha » 15 Mar 2017, 23:16

You're going to love it I think. It's Torment, but new and oozy.
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 15 Mar 2017, 23:27

Let's hope so! I'll be making a review for the first Torment before playing Tides too, so there'll be more about that soon.

driftin

Postby driftin » 16 Mar 2017, 12:41

martha wrote:I absolutely love it. Best videogame Kickstarter I've done to date, although Wasteland 2, Undertale, and Double-Fine were all worthy contributions too.

Planescape torment was one of my all-time favorite games. I think this is a worthy successor.

Really must get started with Undertale. Everything I've read and seen about it makes me believe it'll be one of my very favourites.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 16 Mar 2017, 14:21

It's fun. I don't want to spoil anything at all so just play and enjoy. :D
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 23 Mar 2017, 20:11

A quick shoutout since there seems to be a few people here who enjoy the more story-driven RPGs, Obsidian Entertainment (formerly Black Isle Studios) is still taking pledges for their next game's crowdfunder, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and amidst the options is a "complete Pillars bundle" which also provides the first game and expansion at a very decent price. I've written my spoilery review on it earlier, and I eagerly recommend it!

You can back here if it interests any of you guys at all: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 17:08

@darkness_fish

I saw you on Overwatch. I wasn't sure if it was just you or your son but I joined and waited for a spot to open up.

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 17:33

I think my appearance massively changed the balance of the game for everyone in the group.

Everyone was levels 1 to 4, I entered as a level 500 and suddenly the enemies were stomping you or your son. Sorry.

Those gold medals... Gold in healing as soldier LOL

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Apr 2017, 20:08

driftin wrote:@darkness_fish

I saw you on Overwatch. I wasn't sure if it was just you or your son but I joined and waited for a spot to open up.

It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 08 Apr 2017, 20:16

Tom will overcome. There's a sharp learning curve with that thing.
--m.

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 20:27

Darkness_Fish wrote:

It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.

Did you get the disc or digital version? I think the latter's on sale right now.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Apr 2017, 21:00

driftin wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:

Did you get the disc or digital version? I think the latter's on sale right now.

Disc. £30 in Game, which was cheaper than the pre owned version. It took four hours to download the patch on my broadband, the full game would take a week!

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 21:24

Darkness_Fish wrote:
driftin wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.

Disc. £30 in Game, which was cheaper than the pre owned version. It took four hours to download the patch on my broadband, the full game would take a week!

Expect patches at least once a month. They are constantly doing new events, adding new stuff like maps and heroes, tweaking the balance. I think there's a big event on Tuesday.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 16 Apr 2017, 20:43

Bought Tom Lego Worlds as an Easter treat. I wish I could have convinced him to buy a different game, it's just so finicky, and frustrating. I can see that it's going to get pushed to the back of the collection after a few more days, and never used again.
At least Overwatch does seem a more successful purchase, even if we're both still rather crap at it. I'm liking the "Mystery Heroes" event in the arcade, although I'm finding I'm only any use with the bloke what builds turrets, and Junkrat.

driftin

Postby driftin » 16 Apr 2017, 21:31

Darkness_Fish wrote:Bought Tom Lego Worlds as an Easter treat. I wish I could have convinced him to buy a different game, it's just so finicky, and frustrating. I can see that it's going to get pushed to the back of the collection after a few more days, and never used again.
At least Overwatch does seem a more successful purchase, even if we're both still rather crap at it. I'm liking the "Mystery Heroes" event in the arcade, although I'm finding I'm only any use with the bloke what builds turrets, and Junkrat.

Yes, yes, let the Overwatch obsession soak in.

Torbjorn and Junkrat are some of the weaker heroes in the game although the former's actually quite good on defence on Assault maps, especially Hanamura.

driftin

Postby driftin » 31 May 2017, 15:11

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 31 May 2017, 16:23

It's all Rocket League at the moment, cheap and cheerful fun. Having so many add-ons available, which they want actual cash for is underhand in my book though. Cunts.

driftin

Postby driftin » 31 May 2017, 16:27

Darkness_Fish wrote:It's all Rocket League at the moment, cheap and cheerful fun. Having so many add-ons available, which they want actual cash for is underhand in my book though. Cunts.

A few of my mates love Rocket League and when other games aren't providing the fun we end up on it. I'm absolutely terrible at it so I don't enjoy it much - yet I have the Platinum trophy for it somehow.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 31 May 2017, 18:07

Playing Fallout 3. Great fun.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 31 May 2017, 23:16

My favorite of that series. Fallout 3 is very replayable. I really love it. I was a huge Wasteland fan, so when the first Fallout came out I was overjoyed by it, and I liked the second one too, but the third's range of options has made me happiest. I kickstartered the Wasteland sequel and got Fallout 4 for Christmas, but I haven't really played either of those beyond a few hours at this point.
--m.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Jun 2017, 06:00

martha wrote:My favorite of that series. Fallout 3 is very replayable. I really love it. I was a huge Wasteland fan, so when the first Fallout came out I was overjoyed by it, and I liked the second one too, but the third's range of options has made me happiest. I kickstartered the Wasteland sequel and got Fallout 4 for Christmas, but I haven't really played either of those beyond a few hours at this point.

I never got on with Fallout 3, but I got on with fallout 4 immediately because of its similarity in game play to Skyrim.
Although I do now prefer Skyrim's way of only increasing your skills by actually doing the thing in question rather than getting points for doing things and spending them as you wish.

I have spend the last 6 months or so playing Fallout 4 and I am now around Level 76 and I haven't played any DLC, at the moment I am just piddling around trying to max out everything - get all bobbleheads, gain max affinity with all companions, 3 Bobbleheads and 2 companions to go although i companion has glitched out.

I think I still prefer the game world of Skyrim ( or elder scrolls perhaps ), post apocalypse USA can seem a bit beige and drab after the Silver Birch forests of Riften in Autumn :) But Fallout 4 is an immensely enjoyable game, there are so many different ways of playing it, although similar to Skyrim once you hit about level 40-50 you become over powered and pretty much godlike so dying requires falling off something very high or seriously not paying attention and getting jumped by something very nasty. Also around that stage you can pretty much do anything so having a way of playing - stealth, heavy weapons, tank - becomes redundant.

Yesterday I one shotted a Behemoth super mutant and felt a little sorry for it.

Like Skyrim the main story arc is almost incidental but in FO4 it is a little unsatisfying in that it has to end in the complete destruction of one or other of the 2 main factions. Skyrom has more coherent sidequests but the other stuff in FO is generally more interesting. Building up a network of settlements in the Commonwealth and individually building each settlement is pretty satisfying, although Preston Garvey can be an all mighty pain in the arse with his radiant quests, just don't speak to him after a while he is never satisfied.

The companions are far more interesting and have better conversation than in Skyrim, their individual story lines and quests are the best things in it after your ability to build settlements. I would prefer it if you could build a wider diversity of buildings for your settlements but it is pretty satisfying.

So next up I am going to start again with all the DLC. Then I may have to find another way of wasting my time.
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.