Rebellious Arcade

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
joels344

Re: Rebellious Arcade

Postby joels344 » 12 Mar 2017, 03:51

Excellent review, Ale! Interesting that you drew comparisons between that game, Children of Men and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 Mar 2017, 03:52

joels344 wrote:Excellent review, Ale! Interesting that you drew comparisons between that game, Children of Men and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:D

Hope you play the game some day. :lol:

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 Mar 2017, 07:45

WG Kaspar wrote:I'll wait till you finish it. I have my own opinions on this.

I'll definitely be up for talking about it!

driftin

Postby driftin » 12 Mar 2017, 08:37

WG Kaspar wrote:Overwatch is one I've been thinking of getting but am undecided at the moment.

Best multiplayer shooter since Quake Live, which in itself is basically just Q3A. Huge amounts of fun that's easy to get into but hard to master. Technically brilliant and very polished too, which is to be expected of Blizzard.

The lore and characters are what draw most people in but to me that's just extra fluff on top of brilliant gameplay.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 12 Mar 2017, 13:54

algroth wrote:
joels344 wrote:Excellent review, Ale! Interesting that you drew comparisons between that game, Children of Men and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:D

Hope you play the game some day. :lol:

Me too. :lol:

driftin

Postby driftin » 12 Mar 2017, 17:17

Quite a review there Ale. The story certainly sounds dense, challenging, and interesting thematically but also not something I'll likely ever get the maximum out of.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 12 Mar 2017, 21:05

I am pretty terrible for starting and not finishing games. I have loads that I need to go back to and complete but with a family and a job I don't know where I should find the time. I get bored of something after a few months by which time I'm only halfway through. It's partly because I tend to like games with more of an adventure/exploration side as well, which tend to be bigger: think stuff like the GTA series or less-technically-complicated RPGs like Skyrim.

I did play Dishonored 2 all the way through last autumn, and it was great; I will probably go back to it at some point and replay it as Emily (I played as Corvo just for the continuity from the first game, an all-time favourite).

I'm waiting for the new Mass Effect, as others on the thread have said. The first three were fantastic. That's definitely one I expect to last the course with.

Recently I've been on The Witcher III. It's absorbing and fun to play, and it has a good gameworld to get stuck into, but it's too big. I'm about halfway through, I think, and getting a little jaded. I want results rather than having to spend time on gradually-more-tedious side quests to help boost my stats and gear.

I also started playing the new Torment game, which is bonkers but very enjoyable. It's a strange cyberpunk/dying-world fantasy thing with reams of text to get through and it's interesting in that it encourages you to avoid combat and focus on other things.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 Mar 2017, 21:27

PENK wrote:I also started playing the new Torment game, which is bonkers but very enjoyable. It's a strange cyberpunk/dying-world fantasy thing with reams of text to get through and it's interesting in that it encourages you to avoid combat and focus on other things.

I'm cautiously looking forward to that, and will play it after finishing Tyranny for sure. Planescape: Torment is pretty much my all-time favorite game and also pretty bonkers throughout, and so Tides of Numenera has a quite a reputation to live up to (not that I'll be approaching it like it *needs* to be as good either). Mostly, however, the comments I've heard regarding aesthetic, content and so on have made my a little wary. I'll see how it plays out when I get to it.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Mar 2017, 09:50

Anybody play Borderlands(2)?
I expect I'm years out of date (that's what comes of being a Mac gamer) but it's great fun and funny too which is a bonus. I don't like games that take themselves too seriously.

I also got Civilization VI recently which is great but takes up too much time! :ugeek:
Last edited by Deebank on 13 Mar 2017, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

driftin

Postby driftin » 13 Mar 2017, 10:01

PENK wrote:Recently I've been on The Witcher III. It's absorbing and fun to play, and it has a good gameworld to get stuck into, but it's too big. I'm about halfway through, I think, and getting a little jaded. I want results rather than having to spend time on gradually-more-tedious side quests to help boost my stats and gear.

I got The Witcher III when it came out and played it for several hours. I really, really enjoyed it but the size of the game was far too daunting and I haven't picked it up again. If it came out a couple of months ago I would've had time to soak in it but not now. Now with Zelda, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Nioh, and Horizon, my job, my personal life, real life and online friends, I don't think I'll ever look at it again. Shame because I bet I'd love it.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 13 Mar 2017, 11:27

I'm playing Jedi Outcast (2002) again. I love playing old games.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Mar 2017, 21:13

Toby wrote:I'm playing Jedi Outcast (2002) again. I love playing old games.

Get a Mac!

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 13 Mar 2017, 22:20

Deebank wrote:

Get a Mac!

I've had one for about 15 years.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 Mar 2017, 09:13

Toby wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Get a Mac!

I've had one for about 15 years.

A match made in retro gaming heaven.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Mar 2017, 11:34

I can feel the football manager pull again. I've not played it since the 2012 edition I think
Lord Rother wrote:Missing the sublime sense of melody which David Longdon brought to the group but nonetheless a damn fine album.

Big Big Train - Goodbye To The Age of Steam

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 14 Mar 2017, 11:37

Oh god don't start.

2013 was my last one and it was an epic way to finish my FM career.

Never again.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 14 Mar 2017, 21:16

currently playing:

Consoles:
Wasteland 2
No Man's Sky
Dragon Quest Builders
senran kagura estival versus

handhelds:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
Norn9
Shantae 1/2 genie hero
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star

Steam:
Torment: Tides of Numenera (Planescape Torment's kickstarter sequel)
Monster monpiece
Tales of Berseria
Pit People
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 14 Mar 2017, 22:40

martha wrote:Steam:
Torment: Tides of Numenera (Planescape Torment's kickstarter sequel)

Thoughts so far (and on Planescape: Torment too)?

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 15 Mar 2017, 14:03

I absolutely love it. Best videogame Kickstarter I've done to date, although Wasteland 2, Undertale, and Double-Fine were all worthy contributions too.

Planescape torment was one of my all-time favorite games. I think this is a worthy successor.
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 15 Mar 2017, 23:15

martha wrote:I absolutely love it. Best videogame Kickstarter I've done to date, although Wasteland 2, Undertale, and Double-Fine were all worthy contributions too.

Planescape torment was one of my all-time favorite games. I think this is a worthy successor.

Great. Nice to see another PS:T fan here! :D I'll be playing it shortly. On the subject of Kickstarter games, have you played Pillars of Eternity at all?