Rebellious Arcade

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Re: Rebellious Arcade

Postby Toby » 01 Nov 2018, 10:04

I spent 30 minutes stalking a bison last night on foot.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 02 Nov 2018, 10:04

Christ, it's good. Just trotting about the magnificent countryside in itself is so much fun. I think for me the fact that it's not some absurd fantasy world makes it so much more interesting - they've managed to make it much more believable by making the human interaction less constant as it were. As Driftin says, there are so many little encounters that embed themselves in your memory of it. Yesterday I decided to take a hike up into the mountains. Had to load up with cold weather gear, spent two days there hunting for pelts and then my horse got spooked by wolves and I had to take them out whilst coming down. Happened upon a gang hideout and ransacked them for good measure. The triggering of events doesn't seem so obvious as it does in other sandbox games and the fact that people remember who you are makes for such an absorbing gaming experience. It's brilliant.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 02 Nov 2018, 11:25

Toby wrote:2 hours into RDR2 and I'm already confident that it may very well be one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. Outstanding. Love the snow, the horse riding, the weather, the music etc

Apparently it is so detailed male horses' testicles shrivel up in cold weather.

I have bought this, along with No Man's Sky and Call of Cthulu so that is my next year sorted out
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.