Rebellious Arcade

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
joels344

Re: Rebellious Arcade

Postby joels344 » 22 May 2018, 19:55

Copehead wrote:
joels344 wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Is it better to have played Pillars of eternity I before going on to this or is it completely stand alone like an Elder Scrolls title?

I would say it’s best to play the original first. The experience could feel incomplete with it. Plus, Pillars of Eternity is awesome and worth playing alone. :D

That's good because Deadfire doesn't come out till December on Xbox any way.
So polish off second full run through of Fallout 4 and finish off Witcher 3 then on to this.

I’m looking forward to the console release, too. Especially on the Switch. Portable cPRG? Count me in.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 09 Jun 2018, 15:26

This game is insanely likable.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 14 Jun 2018, 05:49

The graphics and backgrounds would look dated if this were released in 2003, but considering this came out in 2015, I understand why some would alienated by it. That said, the role-playing aspects, well-written dialogue, unique world (post-apocalyptic world inspired by the Fall of Rome), engaging characters, and deep lore make it pretty interesting after 5 hours of gameplay. And it feels like I'm just getting started into the game. I'm curious where things go and will continue until the end.

Another thing, it's very unforgiving, in terms of combat and quest resolution. You have to be tactical in every situation.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 29 Jun 2018, 17:42

I’m playing this game again. Without even trying, it’s already different than my previous playthrough. I love the nonlinearity, quest design, reactive world, and of course, the music is outstanding. It’s just simply one of my favorite games ever made and I can get lost for hours in the world, especially New Reno.

driftin

Postby driftin » 29 Jun 2018, 23:31

This has a surprisingly decent single player campaign full of creative level design and mechanics. Pity it still falls into some of the trappings of modern military shooters because underneath them there's something truly great.

Just about one of the best things ever. Seriously.

This is an incredibly well-designed and detailed puzzle game. The music's very annoying and the art style, especially the character faces, are horrible though.

I tried playing this months ago and thought it was the most painfully slow thing ever made. I then stumbled upon something which summarised its story and I thought that it actually sounded neat. I decided to follow a 100% guide. Despite the pretty cool story (which is all told in flashbacks and audio logs unfortunately), gorgeous visuals, beautiful music, excellent sound design, and the guide taking me through the absolute quickest route to see everything this was still utterly tedious. The lack of variety in tone, the lack of meaningful gameplay or choice, AND THE FUCKING GLACIAL WALKING SPEED all add up to make this probably the single most boring video game I've ever played and that's a bigger sin than simply being bad.

driftin

Postby driftin » 09 Sep 2018, 11:19

This is rather excellent. The main campaign is superb and while the side quests and other open world bollocks don't add much to the story at all, the core gameplay here is so fun I'm happy doing them.

Yet another thoroughly enjoyable, highly polished mega budget jewel to add to Sony's exclusive crown. Who needs cross play multiplayer?