Rebellious Arcade

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
martha
rambling rose

Re: Rebellious Arcade

Postby martha » 15 Mar 2017, 23:16

You're going to love it I think. It's Torment, but new and oozy.
--m.

BCB CUP 2017 is on!
viewforum.php?f=58

algroth

Postby algroth » 15 Mar 2017, 23:27

Let's hope so! I'll be making a review for the first Torment before playing Tides too, so there'll be more about that soon.

driftin

Postby driftin » 16 Mar 2017, 12:41

martha wrote:I absolutely love it. Best videogame Kickstarter I've done to date, although Wasteland 2, Undertale, and Double-Fine were all worthy contributions too.

Planescape torment was one of my all-time favorite games. I think this is a worthy successor.

Really must get started with Undertale. Everything I've read and seen about it makes me believe it'll be one of my very favourites.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 16 Mar 2017, 14:21

It's fun. I don't want to spoil anything at all so just play and enjoy. :D
--m.

BCB CUP 2017 is on!
viewforum.php?f=58

algroth

Postby algroth » 23 Mar 2017, 20:11

A quick shoutout since there seems to be a few people here who enjoy the more story-driven RPGs, Obsidian Entertainment (formerly Black Isle Studios) is still taking pledges for their next game's crowdfunder, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and amidst the options is a "complete Pillars bundle" which also provides the first game and expansion at a very decent price. I've written my spoilery review on it earlier, and I eagerly recommend it!

You can back here if it interests any of you guys at all: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 17:08

@darkness_fish

I saw you on Overwatch. I wasn't sure if it was just you or your son but I joined and waited for a spot to open up.

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 17:33

I think my appearance massively changed the balance of the game for everyone in the group.

Everyone was levels 1 to 4, I entered as a level 500 and suddenly the enemies were stomping you or your son. Sorry.

Those gold medals... Gold in healing as soldier LOL

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Apr 2017, 20:08

driftin wrote:@darkness_fish

I saw you on Overwatch. I wasn't sure if it was just you or your son but I joined and waited for a spot to open up.

It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 08 Apr 2017, 20:16

Tom will overcome. There's a sharp learning curve with that thing.
--m.

BCB CUP 2017 is on!
viewforum.php?f=58

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 20:27

Darkness_Fish wrote:

It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.

Did you get the disc or digital version? I think the latter's on sale right now.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Apr 2017, 21:00

driftin wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:

Did you get the disc or digital version? I think the latter's on sale right now.

Disc. £30 in Game, which was cheaper than the pre owned version. It took four hours to download the patch on my broadband, the full game would take a week!

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2017, 21:24

Darkness_Fish wrote:
driftin wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:It's Tom, he has to play under my account, due to age restrictions. Only bought the game this morning, that was the first time he's played it.

Disc. £30 in Game, which was cheaper than the pre owned version. It took four hours to download the patch on my broadband, the full game would take a week!

Expect patches at least once a month. They are constantly doing new events, adding new stuff like maps and heroes, tweaking the balance. I think there's a big event on Tuesday.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 16 Apr 2017, 20:43

Bought Tom Lego Worlds as an Easter treat. I wish I could have convinced him to buy a different game, it's just so finicky, and frustrating. I can see that it's going to get pushed to the back of the collection after a few more days, and never used again.
At least Overwatch does seem a more successful purchase, even if we're both still rather crap at it. I'm liking the "Mystery Heroes" event in the arcade, although I'm finding I'm only any use with the bloke what builds turrets, and Junkrat.

driftin

Postby driftin » 16 Apr 2017, 21:31

Darkness_Fish wrote:Bought Tom Lego Worlds as an Easter treat. I wish I could have convinced him to buy a different game, it's just so finicky, and frustrating. I can see that it's going to get pushed to the back of the collection after a few more days, and never used again.
At least Overwatch does seem a more successful purchase, even if we're both still rather crap at it. I'm liking the "Mystery Heroes" event in the arcade, although I'm finding I'm only any use with the bloke what builds turrets, and Junkrat.

Yes, yes, let the Overwatch obsession soak in.

Torbjorn and Junkrat are some of the weaker heroes in the game although the former's actually quite good on defence on Assault maps, especially Hanamura.

Return to “Nextdoorland”