You ever lose shit?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: You ever lose shit?

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Feb 2017, 23:29

hey, that is good! lucky.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 16 Feb 2017, 23:32

Jimbo wrote:Good news! They have my bag in a conductors office at Tokyo station. I was pretty sure it would turn up and that no one had stolen it because this is Japan where shit is hardly ever stolen.

Here, someone would have stolen the contents, shit in it, then deep fried it.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 16 Feb 2017, 23:34

Count Machuki wrote:Three times now I've read this thread title as YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SHIT?

which might be a great copycat thread in and of itself

..."great"? really?

I set off to run the longest i've ever run and had a tunnocks wafer* in my pocket for halfway, or when I felt like I can't go on anymore.
And it Fell Out.
Lost.

I almost didn't make it home.
I haven't stopped thinking about it.

My epitaph, please

billy wrote:She took no shit. Very confident and no nonsense woman. Wears her drawers back to front these days ...

Good on her!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 16 Feb 2017, 23:36

Could have been worse. It might have been a plain chocolate one.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Feb 2017, 23:39

hippopotamus wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Three times now I've read this thread title as YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SHIT?

which might be a great copycat thread in and of itself

..."great"? really?

ok..."cathartic?" maybe?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Feb 2017, 04:40

Goat Boy wrote:
The worst thing I ever lost was a camera which I left on a table at a restaurant in Goa. It had about three months of holidays pics on it. I cried.

I left a camera on a rock I was resting on a trail in Nepal once and didn't realise until a hour later when a little old lady came running down the mountain to give it back to me. I was so grateful and humbled, and she had to walk all the way back up again to go home.

I've lost more umbrellas than I count.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 07:26

I got my bag back and it is sitting on the floor at my feet as i type. My hat is off to Japan Rail and all the honest folk of Japan.
I love you.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 17 Feb 2017, 07:39

Jimbo wrote:I got my bag back and it is sitting on the floor at my feet as i type. My hat is off to Japan Rail and all the honest folk of Japan.

This is a country where they sell beer from on street vending machines.

They would last about 15 seconds in the UK

I don't think crime even occurs to most Japanese people as a concept let alone something that you might do
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2017, 12:15

Copehead wrote: I don't think crime even occurs to most Japanese people as a concept let alone something that you might do.

Once my very first visit to Tokyo it was raining so I and my then new wife ducked into a coffee shop to dry off and have a coffee. While I was there I was reading my Lonely Planet guide to Tokyo and they were talking about how safe your possessions are in Japan. There was, however, one item that was often stolen: umbrellas. Hm. And then when we left the coffee shop guess what was missing from the umbrella stand?
I love you.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 20 Feb 2017, 14:27

Jimbo wrote:
Copehead wrote: I don't think crime even occurs to most Japanese people as a concept let alone something that you might do.

Once my very first visit to Tokyo it was raining so I and my then new wife ducked into a coffee shop to dry off and have a coffee. While I was there I was reading my Lonely Planet guide to Tokyo and they were talking about how safe your possessions are in Japan. There was, however, one item that was often stolen: umbrellas. Hm. And then when we left the coffee shop guess what was missing from the umbrella stand?

Umbrellas don't seem like personal property in Japan, they seem communal, everywhere you go just has a pile of umbrellas by the door, bit like white bikes in 60s Amsterdam.
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Feb 2017, 15:59

Copehead wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Umbrellas don't seem like personal property in Japan, they seem communal, everywhere you go just has a pile of umbrellas by the door, bit like white bikes in 60s Amsterdam.

In Japan you really must ask before taking something. No matter how trivial an item a Japanese won't take it without permission. Once around when i first got here my kid's bicycle seat needed raising and I needed a wrench to raise it. Two steps away from my door was parked a pickup truck with a toolbox in the back. I saw the box was unlocked so I opened it, saw an adjustable wrench, took it out and proceeded to loosen the nut on my kid's bike. But right then a guy in workman's clothes came up and started yelling at me. I spoke no Japanese but if I did I would have said, "C''mon, man. I was just borrowing it for a second. I was going to put it back. You know how it is. It's a wrench man. I'm not going to break it. It's for my kid not me." But he was pissed. Lesson learned. Don't fuck with a Japanese guy's shit. I ended up going to the store and buying a wrench for that damn bicycle seat. Why they didn't put one of those hand levers on the seat grumble grumble.
I love you.

Return to “Nextdoorland”