Laughs Needed Please.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14559
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby The Great Defector » 24 Mar 2017, 14:23

There's a poll in the music section right, and, can't believe this, people are voting that nevermind is better than the bends! I know, I can't believe it either.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58267
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 16:33

Polishgirl wrote:All finally sorted as of yesterday, and I'm dead chuffed with the outcome.

I went for a job interview with the city council two weeks ago, and they offered me the job I wanted, with a permanent contract, and a higher starting point on the salary scale. They gave me time to decide as my situation at that point still wasn't clear, but I've now agreed a redundancy package with my current employer and so have accepted the council job. I'll change over in late May and will be working as a senior payments & collections officer.

I'm based with the council already, so I'll be working in the same building and with the same people, just with a different role. I take a hit on my annual leave allowance, but it's bearable. I'm very sad to be leaving Citizens Advice, as I've been in the service for 22 years, and I really believe in it. But I'm ready for something new ( ie fucking up all the council's computer systems ), and I'm delighted to be leaving the world of temporary contracts behind. I celebrated yesterday with two massive glasses of wine, and then had to go for a lie-down. 8-)


Party on, Wayne!

Image
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14559
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby The Great Defector » 24 Mar 2017, 16:53

sloopjohnc wrote:People might laugh at this, but I thought he was really good in the Intern with Ann Hathaway.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58267
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 17:27

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:People might laugh at this, but I thought he was really good in the Intern with Ann Hathaway.


:lol:

Good one.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
fueryIre
Posts: 8505
Joined: 04 May 2011, 02:57
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby fueryIre » 24 Mar 2017, 18:33

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:People might laugh at this, but I thought he was really good in the Intern with Ann Hathaway.


:lol:

Good one.


Who?

Kurt Cobain?

The guy out of Wayne's World whose career went nowhere and became a wino?
Image

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 14645
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby Belle Lettre » 24 Mar 2017, 19:44

Delighted it's all worked out, PG :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Hugh
Posts: 15071
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby Hugh » 24 Mar 2017, 20:15

Congratulations Pippa. I think my jokes made all the difference

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58267
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Mar 2017, 23:10

Hugh wrote:Congratulations Pippa. I think my jokes made all the difference


You should hang out a shingle as an HR consultant.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25252
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby toomanyhatz » 24 Mar 2017, 23:20

Did you hear about the red ship and the blue ship that collided?

Both crews were marooned.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Phil T

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby Phil T » 25 Mar 2017, 09:30

toomanyhatz wrote:Did you hear about the red ship and the blue ship that collided?

Both crews were marooned.


There was a theft of all the toilets from our local police station this week. Police have nothing to go on.

User avatar
K
Posts: 6059
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby K » 25 Mar 2017, 12:24

Phil T wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Did you hear about the red ship and the blue ship that collided?

Both crews were marooned.


There was a theft of all the toilets from our local police station this week. Police have nothing to go on.

If we're bringing back these classics -

A bank was robbed by two criminals yesterday, one was 6'7" and the other was 4'9".
Police are searching high and low for them.

A mysterious hole has appeared outside the local bank today. Police are looking into it.

There was a burglary at a hairdressers today. Police are combing the area for clues.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
I assume this is one of Gash's 'jests'

User avatar
big sciota
Posts: 49
Joined: 29 Jan 2007, 23:36
Location: north carolina

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby big sciota » 26 Mar 2017, 02:46

A giraffe walks into a bar and says "The high balls are one me."

User avatar
PresMuffley
Posts: 798
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 12:00

Re: Laughs Needed Please.

Postby PresMuffley » 15 Apr 2017, 02:49

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Jimbo and 1 guest