Five things I thought of just lying here in bed

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Five things I thought of just lying here in bed

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Feb 2017, 03:34

Given the choice, would you rather lick the bowl that had had cake mix in it, or mashed potato?

Do you stare at things in the road when you're driving and breathe a sigh of relief when they are not roadkill?

In the unlikely scenario of someone ordering you to eat a part of your own body, which bit would you choose, why, and how would you cook it?

What's a reasonable time to stay and sit reading in a cafe when you have finished your tea/coffee whatever and you don't plan on buying anything else?

Bed: on a scale of 1 to 10, how great is bed?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Darkness_Fish

Re: Five things I thought of just lying here in bed

Postby Darkness_Fish » 02 Feb 2017, 09:05

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Given the choice, would you rather lick the bowl that had had cake mix in it, or mashed potato?

One of life's greatest mysteries, is who decided that cake is better than cake mix? So put me in the first camp, I've never licked the bowl (euphemism alert) of mashed potato. Of course, you could be comparing licking the bowl (is it getting hot in here?), with the dance the mashed potato. In which case, I'm still licking the bowl.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Feb 2017, 09:34

Given the choice, would you rather lick the bowl that had had cake mix in it, or mashed potato?
Potato

Do you stare at things in the road when you're driving and breathe a sigh of relief when they are not roadkill?
does not apply

In the unlikely scenario of someone ordering you to eat a part of your own body, which bit would you choose, why, and how would you cook it?
My fingernail clippings. Raw.

What's a reasonable time to stay and sit reading in a cafe when you have finished your tea/coffee whatever and you don't plan on buying anything else?
does not apply. Don't do cafes as lurking places

For sleeping, 8. For lying in when awake 3. On the whole, I'd rather be vertical
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 02 Feb 2017, 10:17

The cake mix. Though I made some mash the other day with salad cream. Delicious.

No. But I always think it's a shame when I do see dead things in the road.

Well, I would follow Armin Meiwes's lead and flambé my JT in some garlic butter. A large portion. Enough for two etc etc
Or perhaps just a bit of thigh.

It depends if it's busy and someone else needs a seat. 10 minutes seems reasonable, but I sometimes see folks in there for ages, mucking about on computers etc

About a 9 on a 10 scale. If it's a good bed. If the company's good it might rate a 10 or 11.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Feb 2017, 14:39

Cake mix. Absolutely no contest.

Of course. Living in Devon, unfortunately, means that roadkill is plentiful. There's often a pheasant or a fox on our village bypass. Currently, it's a badger. :(

Anna........sometimes you scare me.

I guess about 20 minutes, but it depends how busy they are. If there are other customers wanting a table, I'd clear off pronto.

72. My bed is absolutely my favourite place on the planet, above even Krakow, Vienna or the cat rescue centre. It's so comfortable and safe and cosy and I can read and watch tv and snooze and sometimes I do work in bed, and there's a great view from my bedroom window onto the gardens and fields behind and some big trees with lots of birds and the odd marauding squirrel, and owls. Heaven.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Feb 2017, 14:54

Polishgirl wrote:Anna........sometimes you scare me.

I do take your point. In my defence though, I had been in a cafe for two hours yesterday before writing this, and had three huge cups of coffee because I was too embarrassed to sit there without a full cup in front of me.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 02 Feb 2017, 16:08

Mashed potatoes. No raw eggs. If you'd said BROWNIE batter instead of cake mix, I'd risk salmonella for it.

Yes. I once got out and stopped traffic thinking a cat was alive and needing emergency treatment that hadn't been alive for at least a day. Still haunts me.

Bluergh. The first thing I thought of was a buttcheek as Voltaire somehow convinced me that losing one was survivable. But maybe....tonsils or an ear lobe. For the ear lobe batter it and deep fry it and serve with curried ketchup for the tonsils, maybe saute it in butter with garlic and some lemon and hide it in chowder.

If there are not any open spots zero minutes. If there are open tables maybe 5-10 minutes. If I want to stay longer and the place isn't crowded after 10 minutes I usually just order another drink and drink it slowly until I'm ready to leave...

I need a new one. I had surgery in December (hysterectomy and bilateral salpingectomy and restoration of a herniated abdomen/intestine - I'm recovering well) and spent most of December laying about in bed, so my love for BED as a destination/location is waning at the moment. Ordinarily it would rank around a 9 or 10, but after a month of bedrest it's a 3. If I had a new bed frame and mattress (mine sags a bit and leads to backache) it would be a 6 even after a month of bedrest.
--m.

BCB CUP 2017 is on!
viewforum.php?f=58

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Feb 2017, 16:20

Polishgirl wrote:In the unlikely scenario of someone ordering you to eat a part of your own body, which bit would you choose, why, and how would you cook it?
Anna........sometimes you scare me.

Sometimes?
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 02 Feb 2017, 17:02

Given the choice, would you rather lick the bowl that had had cake mix in it, or mashed potato? - Mashed potato. And I wouldn't lick the bowl - I'd either use my finger or a spoon.

Do you stare at things in the road when you're driving and breathe a sigh of relief when they are not roadkill? - I stare at other drivers around me and wish they were.

In the unlikely scenario of someone ordering you to eat a part of your own body, which bit would you choose, why, and how would you cook it? - I would eat my stomach raw, and then it would just go back down and continue being my stomach.

What's a reasonable time to stay and sit reading in a cafe when you have finished your tea/coffee whatever and you don't plan on buying anything else? - I don't sit and read in cafés, but if I did, I think I'd follow Martha's guidelines. They seem reasonable.

Bed: on a scale of 1 to 10, how great is bed? - And again, like Martha, we need a new mattress. Ours is about 18 years old, and no amount of flipping and rotating is going to do it any more good. New bed now for the future!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 02 Feb 2017, 19:04

Cake mix.

Sometimes, yeah. Not exactly a sigh of telief, but.

Testicles. Fried with garlic.

A couple of minutes.

Easy 9 or 10.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 02 Feb 2017, 23:12

Why choose. Dinner and dessert! (though hypotheticals don't give you diabetes... so why not eat ALL the cake mix!)

My heart RACES, and I try NOT to look in case. I pretty much love dead looking plastic bags because at least they were never alive.

no. I need them.

3 hours

Right now it feels like a 10 but a scale SO far away.
My epitaph, please

billy wrote:She took no shit. Very confident and no nonsense woman. Wears her drawers back to front these days ...

Good on her!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Feb 2017, 03:37

Mashed potato every time! Mashed potato butties, mashed potato pie...mashed potato.

It's the most depressing thing in the world. Some of the drives to and from Houston, Corpus Christi are so distressing. Fucking dogs, out in the road and people just driving by. I say an inner thank you every time it's just a coat or a shoe or something.

It's no great shakes to lose a little toe. Gait is restored pretty quickly. That's my choice : just one though. I could probably pop it in a quiche if I took the polish off. Mushroomy.

If there isn't anyone in, probably half an hour. I can't do it though! I have to buy something else.

10. Is there anything better? I've still got my hot water bottle going. Bloody lovely.

Dr Markus wrote:

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 03 Feb 2017, 07:27

Cake mix, without hesitation
Not really. I do fetch a sigh when I see it though.

Something snot-based
Half an hour before getting twitchy
10, and I've just had to get out of it. Cold in the kitchen..
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 03 Feb 2017, 14:46

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Given the choice, would you rather lick the bowl that had had cake mix in it, or mashed potato?

Cake. Every time. Maybe the lid of a yoghurt pot or ice cream tub could rival it, but not much else.

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Do you stare at things in the road when you're driving and breathe a sigh of relief when they are not roadkill?

No. We don't get a lot of animals playing dead on the South Circular.

Minnie Cheddars wrote:In the unlikely scenario of someone ordering you to eat a part of your own body, which bit would you choose, why, and how would you cook it?

A toe. Can't think of another bit that I would miss less. Flambé.

Minnie Cheddars wrote:What's a reasonable time to stay and sit reading in a cafe when you have finished your tea/coffee whatever and you don't plan on buying anything else?

40 minutes.

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Bed: on a scale of 1 to 10, how great is bed?

Sometimes 10, sometimes 2.
"There's nothing more boring than a room full of dopeheads" - Valerie 'Coan' Bingleton

Return to “Nextdoorland”