Clocked Nazi

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
bobzilla77

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Feb 2017, 21:58

They are going to go down like the Hindenberg because they haven't got the brains, political skills or basic humanity to not do that.

The Hindenburg had humanity!
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 14 Feb 2017, 22:12

:D

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 12:32

I think they words "Nazi" and "hitler" is/has turned in common misused word, like the word "gay" is/was. Like if someone seen something they didn't like or was stupid they say "that's so gay". Nazi and hitler are being used so much these days it's getting ridiculous. The only big difference and it has to be mentioned, there's nothing wrong with being gay while there's everything wrong in being a Nazi.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

K

Postby K » 15 Feb 2017, 12:37

The Great Defector wrote:I think they words "Nazi" and "hitler" is/has turned in common misused word, like the word "gay" is/was. Like if someone seen something they didn't like or was stupid they say "that's so gay". Nazi and hitler are being used so much these days it's getting ridiculous. The only big difference and it has to be mentioned, there's nothing wrong with being gay while there's everything wrong in being a Nazi.

That is so Nazi!
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 12:41

Expected.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 15 Feb 2017, 16:21

The Great Defector wrote:I think they words "Nazi" and "hitler" is/has turned in common misused word

Well, there's misused, and then there's appropriately used. You might want to have a gander at this article that Gash put up recently:

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/normalization-lesson-munich-post/

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 17:08

Charlie O. wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I think they words "Nazi" and "hitler" is/has turned in common misused word

Well, there's misused, and then there's appropriately used. You might want to have a gander at this article that Gash put up recently:

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/normalization-lesson-munich-post/

This is talking about use of media. Trump has denounced media organizations but hasn't take them out by force like hitler. His dislike to them is similar to hitler, but until he actually does something it's unfair to full compare.

I think saying things like "give him time" or "it's only a matter of time" is pretty redundant and is just forms of mud slinging. Until he actually successfully succeeds in doing anything that's remotely like hitler, I think people are adopting tactics that they cry foul about when republicans do it. They say untrue things and hope some of it stick or tarnish. So if people want to go down the same way as the republicans and fight dirty, by saying that Trump is like hitler when he's clearly not then that's their choice. I disagree with it. In any other context, this would be seen as wrong.

Also his attempts have be stopped, like the Ban, which means your country's system is working. I would take heart from that.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Feb 2017, 17:18

Like attempting to undermine the judiciary?
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 17:20

attempting to undermine, not get rid of. Big difference.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Feb 2017, 17:33

Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 17:37

Again similarities but no actually exacts actions like closing down media, killing political rivials etc. Trump could have the same hair cut and mustache as hitler, still doesn't mean he's going to do the exact same as him.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Feb 2017, 17:44

I wish they had these in an alt-right nazi version.

Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 17:49

sloopjohnc wrote:I wish they had these in an alt-right nazi version.

I wish I had one of them in general, right here at work.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Feb 2017, 18:01

The Great Defector wrote:Again similarities but no actually exacts actions like closing down media, killing political rivials etc. Trump could have the same hair cut and mustache as hitler, still doesn't mean he's going to do the exact same as him.

The point is making comparisons to Hitler in relation to Trump is not always actually misused, in the same way that using the word "fascist" in relation to him isn't either.

Anyway...

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 18:08

I have used the word "similarities", which suggest that I think there are some. However out and out actions, I don't think there is. He's similar in his hate for the media for reporting his stupidity, but he hasn't close them down or took over them like hitler. He's similar with his ban on certain minority, but he wasn't fully successful thanks to the courts, while hitler and the jews, well we know that story. Even then, I don't think he would round them up and gas them if he was successful in the ban. Again there's a big difference.

"Anyway........."
Last edited by The Great Defector on 15 Feb 2017, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:09

So not the same as using the word "gay" at all then? Or are there "similarities?"
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 18:12

toomanyhatz wrote:So not the same as using the word "gay" at all then? Or are there "similarities?"

It's the same in over using an incorrect word, and it's becoming such common place that people are using too much. Until it comes to a point were it loses it's effectiveness.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Feb 2017, 18:14

This thread should be renamed 'hurry forth, hurry forth, potential new signatures for your delight and delectation'
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:15

I get what you're saying about overuse and losing effectiveness, but as Goat Boy has shown, it's not incorrect, at least not wholly. And it's not a simple matter of using a word to describe something negative - it has a specific use, even if it's an exaggerated one. And for the most part, it seems to me the people who use the comparison are generally pretty specific - and correct - in how they're using it.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

K

Postby K » 15 Feb 2017, 18:19

Minnie Cheddars wrote:This thread should be renamed 'hurry forth, hurry forth, potential new signatures for your delight and delectation'

Can't we call it "Bloody hell, Markus, you don't help yourself"?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Return to “Nextdoorland”