Clocked Nazi

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
BalticFox
Posts: 2411
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 17:52
Location: By the back fence near the tracks.

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby BalticFox » 02 Feb 2017, 22:20

Copehead wrote:You white guys in the States have it so hard.


Canada for me.

Copehead wrote:As a white middle class male in the UK I was just given my A grades and University place and walked straight into a highly paid job at the end of it.

We should start a protest group for you or something.


A point of logic here. If you don't think you had it easy growing up as a white male, why'd you raise the issue? Why did you imply that I was somehow privileged to be such?

Copehead wrote:...sociopaths like you....


Sociopath? Well, maybe, maybe. Perhaps with a little bit more life experience providing you with a deeper insight into human nature, you too might come around to my way of thinking.

Copehead wrote:But perhaps they didn't perhaps they all thought you were an insufferable cunt as well.


So I'll fit right in here on BCB after all!

Copehead wrote:I have little against positive discrimination in Education.


Sorry. It's a zero sum game. Positive discrimination for some means negative discrimination for others. As they say, discrimination is discrimination. And it shouldn't be enshrined in law.

Copehead wrote:What you basically get from Foxhound's posts is a profound fear of inadequacy.


I understand therefore that you think any such fears on my part would be groundless.

Copehead wrote:Something I obviously don't suffer from.


Well all things considered you should.

Copehead wrote:I also have a fine appreciation that another $10 drop in the oil price....


Me I'm on the side of lower prices, i.e. plenty for all. I always scoff in the faces of fat-cat oil men who bleat about the "low" price of oil. Get a taste of reality buddy, and ask the fellow on the street whether oil prices are "low".

Copehead wrote:If that happens I won't be blaming uppity black folks taking my pay cheque,


Nor would I. That doesn't mean though that I'm somehow "privileged".

:geek:
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25007
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Feb 2017, 22:22

Foxhound wrote:You see what I'm all about is dollars and cents issues. Which is why I continue to be baffled, bemused and annoyed (depending upon my mood) by the focus on race here on this board. I just put it down to the "pinko" element of course.

:!:


I'm just confused by the connection here to "dollars and cents" issues, or how, for that matter, the discussion about whether or not to punch a Nazi is that much of a racial issue - it's certainly not "us" that brought the racial component to the story. If you're gonna talk about a white supremacist - and it doesn't sound like anyone, even you, is disputing that that's what he is - the racial component is kind of embedded in the discussion already.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

User avatar
BalticFox
Posts: 2411
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 17:52
Location: By the back fence near the tracks.

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby BalticFox » 02 Feb 2017, 22:28

sloopjohnc wrote:From my experience, white guys rarely feel guilty for their actions and rationalize the status quo to suit their beliefs.


Being a cantankerous old white curmudgeon though, I don't feel the need for any rationalizations. I just resent being called privileged by racist assholes such as yourself.

:P
Last edited by BalticFox on 03 Feb 2017, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 13951
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby The Great Defector » 02 Feb 2017, 22:37

Copehead wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Can white men do anything right or is a certain section of white men? What about white women? or people who aren't white but still voted for Trump?

I'm asking because white men seem to be taking the brunt here for get Trump elected, so much so you're nearly led to believe that no white men voted for Hilary at all. I just think it's too broad a term.



I don't know about you Marcus but I am white and I do loads of stuff right.
I have impeccable musical taste, I am a sensitive lover and I cook a very good and authentic paella.

White men are, if not the largest, certainly the nosiest and most reported demographic in places like the US and UK, they get disproportionate attention and they contain a proportionate number of stupid, evil cunts so it often looks like they are being demonised as a group whereas even a cursory inspection would tell you it is, in fact, the stupid, evil cunts who are getting the blame here not white men in general.

Yours

A Whiteman



I think you're kinda agreeing with me. :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 14636
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby bobzilla77 » 02 Feb 2017, 23:11

Marcus, on behalf of America, I hereby absolve you of any responsibility for Trump's election.

If you get any trouble, print this message out and display it prominently.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22130
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Copehead » 02 Feb 2017, 23:35

Foxhound wrote:
A point of logic here. If you don't think you had it easy growing up as a white male, why'd you raise the issue? Why did you imply that I was somehow privileged to be such?


I didn't imply you are privileged to be a white, middle class, Western male, I am telling you you are.

You belong to the most most privileged, but also most whiny, group on this planet.

Also the least self aware; only a bunch of unselfaware whiners like you lot could possibly consider calling someone else a snowflake without even considering your own bleating at anyone else being given access to the privilege to take for granted.



Sorry. It's a zero sum game. Positive discrimination for some means negative discrimination for others. As they say, discrimination is discrimination. And it shouldn't be enshrined in law.


It isn't a zero sum game; you are too stupid to even realise what that term means and implies. There are not a set number of education places on Earth so it cannot be a zero sum game if you increase access for one group.

Also you did not engage with the substantive part of my point that research shows that state educated students with lower grades make better use of elite education than the privately educated better graded peers.

We aren't talking about giving a C grade student a place at Kings College Cambridge here, just perhaps giving a place to a state educated A student as opposed to a privately educated A* student.

If you want to educated the best and brightest research shows this is exactly what you should do with intelligence does not correlate with wealth.

What you need, more than a kick in the cunt, is an education to bring you up to the levels of intelligence you think you currently sit at, because there is a massive gap between your perception of your own intelligence and the reality.




Me I'm on the side of lower prices, i.e. plenty for all. I always scoff in the faces of fat-cat oil men who bleat about the "low" price of oil. Get a taste of reality buddy, and ask the fellow on the street whether oil prices are "low".


That is because you do not understand the nature of oil as a resource. Why would you you do not understand most things.


Nor would I. That doesn't mean though that I'm somehow "privileged".


I imagine you are not intelligent enough to understand why you are wrong.
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 13951
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Feb 2017, 00:12

bobzilla77 wrote:Marcus, on behalf of America, I hereby absolve you of any responsibility for Trump's election.

If you get any trouble, print this message out and display it prominently.


I'm just asking about something for a bit of debate, I feel fuck all guilt in this, as I'm Irish not American. Call it playing devil's advocate if you want.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 14636
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Feb 2017, 01:07

I'm not in favor of lumping all the people who fit a certain age & gender together, as all having the same beliefs, if that's what you're getting at.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 13951
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Feb 2017, 12:25

bobzilla77 wrote:I'm not in favor of lumping all the people who fit a certain age & gender together, as all having the same beliefs, if that's what you're getting at.


Your post sounded like I was pissed at the term "white male" being blamed for America's problems right now. If I misread it, my bad.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
BalticFox
Posts: 2411
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 17:52
Location: By the back fence near the tracks.

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby BalticFox » 03 Feb 2017, 15:36

bobzilla77 wrote:Wow this "ignore" function works GREAT!


Indeed. Can't have differing opinions offending your delicate sensibilities, now can we?

:shock:
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 25007
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Feb 2017, 17:18

Speak up, he can't hear you. :lol:
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 57716
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Feb 2017, 17:27

San Antonio Spurs' coach, Gregg Popovich on Black History Month and other stuff.

“Well, it’s a remembrance, and a bit of a celebration in some ways. It sounds odd because we’re not there yet, but it’s always important to remember what has passed and what is being experienced now by the black population. It’s a celebration of some of the good things that have happened, and a reminder that there’s a lot more work to do. But more than anything, I think if people take the time to think about it, I think it is our national sin. It always intrigues me when people come out with, ‘I’m tired of talking about that or do we have to talk about race again?’ And the answer is you’re damned right we do. Because it’s always there, and it’s systemic in the sense that when you talk about opportunity it’s not about ‘Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, then you can have the American dream.’ That’s a bunch of hogwash. If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage educationally, economically, culturally in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it’s in a judicial sense, a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education, we have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It’s a tough one because people don’t really want to face it. And it’s in our national discourse. We have a president of the United States who spent four or five years disparaging and trying to illegitimatize our president. And we know that was a big fake. But still, [he] felt for some reason it had to be done. I can still remember a paraphrase close to a quote “investigators were sent to Hawaii and you cannot believe what they found.” Well, that was a lie. So if it’s being discussed and perpetrated at that level, you’ve got a national problem. I think that’s enough."
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 36804
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Charlie O. » 11 Feb 2017, 22:19

Larson E. Whipsnade wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:The martyrdom argument is one that people sometimes use but I'm not convinced at all.

Me neither. It's a weak one.

Recently I gleefully suggested that Trump might get assassinated, and Charlie O thought it was a bad idea for similar reasons. I'd be happy with a Trump-free world even if a handful of misguided arseholes decide he's a martyr for suffering such a fate.

It isn't just that. I'd rather not live in a country where it's "okay" for people to shoot leaders they don't like. I'd prefer an America where people who break the law (or not, as the case may be) have to face actual justice rather than vigilante justice.

Plus: bear in mind that roughly half the country voted for this prick. (And they're the half with the most guns.) The martyrdom argument isn't so weak when those kinds of percentages are involved.

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if someone already covered this.
Image

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 57716
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Feb 2017, 13:55

Charlie O. wrote:
Larson E. Whipsnade wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:The martyrdom argument is one that people sometimes use but I'm not convinced at all.

Me neither. It's a weak one.

Recently I gleefully suggested that Trump might get assassinated, and Charlie O thought it was a bad idea for similar reasons. I'd be happy with a Trump-free world even if a handful of misguided arseholes decide he's a martyr for suffering such a fate.

It isn't just that. I'd rather not live in a country where it's "okay" for people to shoot leaders they don't like. I'd prefer an America where people who break the law (or not, as the case may be) have to face actual justice rather than vigilante justice.

Plus: bear in mind that roughly half the country voted for this prick. (And they're the half with the most guns.) The martyrdom argument isn't so weak when those kinds of percentages are involved.


Ditto.
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 21854
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Deebank » 12 Feb 2017, 15:02

It avoids the issue too.
Minds and opinions need to be changed. The arguments need to be won
You need to watch these arse holes crash and burn - ideally before they do too much damage.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 28282
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Feb 2017, 15:26

good luck with that. maybe an internet meme might do it.
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.



Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 36804
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Feb 2017, 17:00

Deebank wrote:It avoids the issue too.
Minds and opinions need to be changed. The arguments need to be won.

Yes, that too.
Image

User avatar
nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose
hounds people off the board
Posts: 11775
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose » 12 Feb 2017, 18:33

Yeah, good luck.
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 36804
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Feb 2017, 19:04

In that, I think there's a possibility - only a possibility, I'll grant - that Trump himself might be our ace in the hole, in a sense. If he pisses off enough of his own supporters (as I predict he finally will), he'll do much of the mind- and opinion-changing for us.

Even so, it'll take a lot more than that, obviously. The right has been actively poisoning socio-political discourse in this country for decades; it's not going to heal in a matter of a few years, no matter how badly they fuck things up.
Image

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22130
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby Copehead » 13 Feb 2017, 02:09

Charlie O. wrote:In that, I think there's a possibility - only a possibility, I'll grant - that Trump himself might be our ace in the hole, in a sense. If he pisses off enough of his own supporters (as I predict he finally will), he'll do much of the mind- and opinion-changing for us.

Even so, it'll take a lot more than that, obviously. The right has been actively poisoning socio-political discourse in this country for decades; it's not going to heal in a matter of a few years, no matter how badly they fuck things up.


Trumps team are very reminiscent of the Nazi government - a bunch of none to bright, sociopathic rats in a sack all competing and briefing against each other and all with a grievance that their brilliance has never been properly recognised. Much like their leader.

They are going to go down like the Hindenberg because they haven't got the brains, political skills or basic humanity to not do that.

It should be pretty amusing watching it happen as long as not too many get hurt.

Hopefully their follies are reversible and they destroy the Republican Party as well.
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deebank, The Prof and 3 guests