Clocked Nazi

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
K

Re: Clocked Nazi

Postby K » 15 Feb 2017, 18:20

bobzilla77 wrote:
They are going to go down like the Hindenberg because they haven't got the brains, political skills or basic humanity to not do that.

The Hindenburg had humanity!

And my posse's got velocity.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:22

Well, it is true that
there's nothing wrong with being gay while there's everything wrong in being a Nazi.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 18:23

toomanyhatz wrote:I get what you're saying about overuse and losing effectiveness, but as Goat Boy has shown, it's not incorrect, at least not wholly. And it's not a simple matter of using a word to describe something negative - it has a specific use, even if it's an exaggerated one. And for the most part, it seems to me the people who use the comparison are generally pretty specific - and correct - in how they're using it.

But it's the exaggeration I have a problem with. If, for example, he did round up and kill muslims, then I'd be the first to call him out another version of hitler but he hasn't. I guess we're arguing over similarities and actuality, I don't think similarities that have been pointed out warrant him being called hitler, while others do. Fair enough, it's not like I can stop people from saying it.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

K

Postby K » 15 Feb 2017, 18:24

toomanyhatz wrote:Well, it is true that
there's nothing wrong with being gay while there's everything wrong in being a Nazi.

What about a gay Nazi?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:39

The Great Defector wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I get what you're saying about overuse and losing effectiveness, but as Goat Boy has shown, it's not incorrect, at least not wholly. And it's not a simple matter of using a word to describe something negative - it has a specific use, even if it's an exaggerated one. And for the most part, it seems to me the people who use the comparison are generally pretty specific - and correct - in how they're using it.

But it's the exaggeration I have a problem with. If, for example, he did round up and kill muslims, then I'd be the first to call him out another version of hitler but he hasn't. I guess we're arguing over similarities and actuality, I don't think similarities that have been pointed out warrant him being called hitler, while others do. Fair enough, it's not like I can stop people from saying it.

Not trying to pick on you here (I mean, not any more than usual :D ), but I suspect that's what K means by you're not helping yourself. If you are going to be insistent that people not use the comparison when they don't mean it, then you need to apply the same standards yourself. Don't say "wrong" when you mean "exaggerated."

Nobody's calling him Hitler or directly calling him a Nazi. They're drawing worrying parallels. And those parallels clearly exist. Do you think they're not worrying? I mean, whether or not our democracy is strong enough to withstand it?
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 18:48

toomanyhatz wrote:

Not trying to pick on you here (I mean, not any more than usual :D ), but I suspect that's what K means by you're not helping yourself. If you are going to be insistent that people not use the comparison when they don't mean it, then you need to apply the same standards yourself. Don't say "wrong" when you mean "exaggerated."

Nobody's calling him Hitler or directly calling him a Nazi. They're drawing worrying parallels. And those parallels clearly exist. Do you think they're not worrying? I mean, whether or not our democracy is strong enough to withstand it?

..but it's a personal view, I never said I was right. Like I said I can't stop making people say it. Though I think we're getting mixed up here, I think it's wrong that they exaggerate. Not quite sure how you got to the point were you separated the two "Don't say "wrong" when you mean "exaggerated." when I think they're both wrong and exaggerating.

Well there has to be a touch of worry but like I said earlier on, the fact that the court stopped the ban has to be seen as a win. Also a belief in the system.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:54

No, "we're" not getting mixed up. I am GIVING up, however.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 15 Feb 2017, 18:54

Ok

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Feb 2017, 18:56

:lol:
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 Feb 2017, 21:00

toomanyhatz wrote:No, "we're" not getting mixed up. I am GIVING up, however.

Oh no, just when you were so close..
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 16 Feb 2017, 09:16

K wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Well, it is true that

What about a gay Nazi?

Plenty of them, look at the uniforms.

Much of the SA leadership as well. It was one of the justifications for the Night of the Long Knives.
Heard a voice shoutng "Don't jump! Please for God's sake let me move my car"

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 16 Feb 2017, 13:07

great interview, from an expert on all things nazi. evans made it clear where he thinks uncomfortable parallels are happening and where distinctions should be drawn.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 16 Feb 2017, 14:06

kath wrote:

great interview, from an expert on all things nazi. evans made it clear where he thinks uncomfortable parallels are happening and where distinctions should be drawn.

So actually, the parallels are there. Just don't link Donald to Adolf because it's just not fair.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 16 Feb 2017, 15:18

Jeemo wrote:
kath wrote:

So actually, the parallels are there. Just don't link Donald to Adolf because it's just not fair.

i would never dream of being so unfair to poor donald by linking him to adolf. just how cruel would i be to remind everyone of donald's lil dictator-envy problem?

it makes him feel so inadequate. ssshhhh.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2017, 15:19

Jeemo wrote:
kath wrote:

In your honest opinion
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 16 Feb 2017, 15:31

The parallels are there, but the key fact that Evans points out is the level of violence on an everyday basis, which is simply not happening now. The brutality of WW1, and in particular the absolute privation that Germany experienced because of the blockade are huge factors. This, along with Hyperinflation, which pretty much destroyed the incomes and savings of a large number of middle-class Germans were very important in why Hitler rose to power.

If there was a widespread economic crisis that destroyed the middle-class of America and led to the emergence of a political party that, like either the Nazis or the Communists, had tangible benefits to its membership, then that's a full-blown crisis there and then.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 16 Feb 2017, 15:52

Goat Boy wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
kath wrote:

In your honest opinion

I'm not saying I'm RIGHT JUST TO BE CLEAR but Im fed up with ..............

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 16 Feb 2017, 15:54

Toby wrote:The parallels are there, but the key fact that Evans points out is the level of violence on an everyday basis, which is simply not happening now. The brutality of WW1, and in particular the absolute privation that Germany experienced because of the blockade are huge factors. This, along with Hyperinflation, which pretty much destroyed the incomes and savings of a large number of middle-class Germans were very important in why Hitler rose to power.

If there was a widespread economic crisis that destroyed the middle-class of America and led to the emergence of a political party that, like either the Nazis or the Communists, had tangible benefits to its membership, then that's a full-blown crisis there and then.

Wasting your breath I think.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2017, 15:57

Indeed

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 16 Feb 2017, 16:17

:lol:

Return to “Nextdoorland”