President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
HotRats

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby HotRats » 08 Jan 2021, 09:57

Lord Rother wrote:It is being reported that one of the rioters died last night from heart issues after accidentally tasering himself in the bollocks while attempting to steal a valuable painting.

Not the kind of shock troops Trump was looking for alas...

:roll:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Jan 2021, 19:46

From CNN - Pelosi said “This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike,"

After speaking with Milley Friday, Pelosi told her caucus that she has gotten assurances there are safeguards in place in the event Trump wants to launch a nuclear weapon, according to multiple sources on a caucus call.

"Speaker Pelosi initiated a call with the Chairman. He answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear command authority," Colonel Dave Butler said in a statement.

TFFT!

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 Jan 2021, 20:17

Now that he's going to be impeached again, what are the chances of him resigning? It would be about 3 years and 352 days too late but I would still be a fitting end to this soap opera.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Jan 2021, 20:19

mudshark wrote:Now that he's going to be impeached again, what are the chances of him resigning? It would be about 3 years and 352 days too late but I would still be a fitting end to this soap opera.

I think he'd sooner kill himself (not that I'm expecting that).

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 20:53

mudshark wrote:Now that he's going to be impeached again, what are the chances of him resigning? It would be about 3 years and 352 days too late but I would still be a fitting end to this soap opera.

hey man. how's it going?

i seriously doubt he'll resign. he's a delusional psycho narcissist.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Jan 2021, 21:18

Full belly laugh on this one!! :lol: :lol:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Jan 2021, 21:23

Great!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 22:02

Lord Rother wrote:Full belly laugh on this one!! :lol: :lol:

mwhahahahaaa

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Jan 2021, 00:08

Twitter account permanently suspended.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jan 2021, 02:09

Lisa Murkowski is threatening to leave the Republican party. :o
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 09 Jan 2021, 12:00

Well that didn't go as planned, did it Donald? What a fucking idiot.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 09 Jan 2021, 12:29

Charlie O. wrote:

I think he'd sooner kill himself (not that I'm expecting that).

Yeah, I think resigning goes against everything in him. Just like admitting defeat.

But who can say at this point
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 09 Jan 2021, 13:08

Minnie the Minx wrote:Twitter account permanently suspended.

That should accelerate his descent into madness.

11 more days....

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 09 Jan 2021, 14:26

I think of Bill Maher as an elitist twat at best but he's been spot on: he's been saying for 4 years the Trump presidency was likely going to end with something like this. The possibility of a 2nd impeachment is really intriguing; Can McConnell not let it get to a vote without defending the president's recent actions? And would such a move not look like a defence, and thereby as some sort of approval of those actions? I find him a masterful politician but this will be a tough nut to crack, even for him. An impeachment will be largely symbolic of course, but I think voting for it will be a way for many Republican senators to salvage their careers because voting against will haunt them in future elections for decades to come. And will Trump want to go down as the only president that got fired? Not even tricky Dick was willing to do so. I think resigning makes him look better in the eyes of his fanbase. Sorta kinda the self-sacrifice the evangelists are so fond of. The Dems are absolutely right in wanting to bring it to the floor. What has happened not only is worthy of an impeachment trial, it's also a way to damage the GOP for years to come if the party continues to back Donald T. Oh happy days....
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 09 Jan 2021, 15:03

mudshark wrote: An impeachment will be largely symbolic of course.

It means that, even if he survives until 2024 — which I doubt, as he is a drug addict with several chronic conditions — he will not be able to stand for any7 type of public office again
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 09 Jan 2021, 15:47

mudshark wrote:Can McConnell not let it get to a vote without defending the president's recent actions? And would such a move not look like a defence, and thereby as some sort of approval of those actions? I find him a masterful politician but this will be a tough nut to crack, even for him. An impeachment will be largely symbolic of course, but I think voting for it will be a way for many Republican senators to salvage their careers because voting against will haunt them in future elections for decades to come.

Hi mudshark!!

The Senate will be forced to try him, but no Senator is obliged to defend him. If the House delivers the articles of impeachment (or whatever the technical term is once they've voted) after the new Senators are sworn in, then McConnell plays no role except as the Minority Leader and someone who must vote to convict or acquit. McConnell was just re-elected, and I can't imagine that if he runs again in 6 years, this would be a deciding issue (and he may not care by that time, he's gotten almost everything he wants). As Rayge has said, conviction on impeachment means he can't run again (which would clarify certain politicians' 2024 prospects), but it also means (I think) that he is stripped of the perks of the office that other ex-presidents enjoy, though I'm a little fuzzy on those details.

mudshark wrote:And will Trump want to go down as the only president that got fired? Not even tricky Dick was willing to do so. I think resigning makes him look better in the eyes of his fanbase.

He can paint the whole process as crooked and argue that this vindicates his argument that everyone has been out to get him from day 1. I think he'd rather suffer what he can portray as an illegitimate process that allows him to claim victimhood than to quit. His fanbase will buy whatever he sells but I think in his mind, a quitter is a loser. And that's one thing he can't tolerate being.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Jan 2021, 16:15

I understand where hatz is coming from re: abandoning this thread, but it's not easy and I don't feel able to "turn the page" yet. Every day since Trump was elected I have thought about him, read about him, heard about him. I've woken in the early hours worrying about living in a universe where he is President. I partly view this thread as somewhere to work four years of angst out. These years have been a daily race to the bottom of decency and every time something dreadful happened, a new layer has been opened up to hurtle towards and it's clear that there was more to come. Can you imagine if he had won? CAN YOU IMAGINE? There were voting campaigns that asked people to vote as though their lives depended on it. It did. It really did. I'm not even a prime Trump target, though of course I have a womb.

I have thought a lot about dismissing him from my brain now, because he and his cunts have occupied it for way too long. I applaud anyone that can take some kind of a deep breath and walk on that moral high ground focusing on just the future, without making obscene hand gestures to anyone and quietly getting on with the business of rebuilding and support. I became a US citizen, something I swore I would never do, to vote this cunt out. It took some absolute loathing to make me decide that was necessary. I feel like I'm perpetually simmering with anger, and it all needs to be....dumped somewhere.

This morning, on a walk round a beautifully icy chilled Austin, this guy walks past me with his dog and, unprompted, said "eleven more days!" and bounced off. I need my brain to get to wherever he is at!

In the meantime, I'm taking the 20th off and there will be more street parties. Hoo yes.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jan 2021, 17:54

I’ve been wondering the last few days what it will be like without reading about the tumor (that’s our new title for him) every day. It will be quite a shift after four years. I didn’t renew my WAPO subscription in December since I knew he lost the election and I didn’t feel a need to read two east coast papers anymore. It served its purpose but I just don’t need it anymore. We’re celebrating with Champagne on the 20th.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 10 Jan 2021, 13:24

Parler has handed over its databases to the FBI. I guess this guy might be getting a knock shortly.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 10 Jan 2021, 16:41

Bloody hell.

... butcher THEIR children...
Bugger off.