President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby kath » 12 Nov 2020, 12:28

^^^^yep. the grift is what trump cares about the most.

for the curious, here's a link explaining when each state certifies election results.

if you scroll down, there's a graph organizing the states by deadline date.

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results_certification_dates,_2020

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 12 Nov 2020, 14:37

Here’s a good piece by Wittes, laying out the state of affairs ... as I’ve said before, the Lawfare site is predicated on some fundamentally different foreign policy views and assumptions than I might hold, but they’ve been on point in their coverage of Trump’s lawlessness.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-hard-it ... n-election

And the morning Politico Playbook (basically, clips from the papers) has some good bits in it too about the state of Trump’s defiance:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ves-490879
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 12 Nov 2020, 15:11

First and foremost, Trump is a criminal, so it’s no wonder he’s squealing like he has a lead role in Deliverance.

Once the clock ticks over to January 20th at noon, he’s fucked. Bring on the lawsuits.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 12 Nov 2020, 19:45

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 17 Nov 2020, 11:43

He’s barking mad and very dangerous, with revenge on his mind. Dereliction of duty with regards Covid. Saying that, I kind of hope he refuses to leave now and has to be dragged out on 20th January. I will laugh long and hard.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 17 Nov 2020, 12:07

soundchaser wrote:He’s barking mad and very dangerous, with revenge on his mind. Dereliction of duty with regards Covid. Saying that, I kind of hope he refuses to leave now and has to be dragged out on 20th January. I will laugh long and hard.

Unfortunately, a certifiable madman is never more dangerous than when cornered

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 17 Nov 2020, 13:16

Sam Stone wrote:
soundchaser wrote:He’s barking mad and very dangerous, with revenge on his mind. Dereliction of duty with regards Covid. Saying that, I kind of hope he refuses to leave now and has to be dragged out on 20th January. I will laugh long and hard.

Looks like he had to be stopped from bombing Iran. Give him some toys to play with, like a fake nuke button.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Nov 2020, 17:26

soundchaser wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

Looks like he had to be stopped from bombing Iran. Give him some toys to play with, like a fake nuke button.

Link? Edit: Never mind I found the article in the NYT.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 17 Nov 2020, 18:04

Six String wrote:
soundchaser wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

Link? Edit: Never mind I found the article in the NYT.

I read it on CNN this morning. It was said he wanted to bomb Iran’s nuclear sites and had to be talked out of it.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Nov 2020, 18:23

It's slightly amazing to me that he's gone almost four years without nuking anything. Literally nuking, that is.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Nov 2020, 18:24

I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 18 Nov 2020, 12:41

Charlie O. wrote:I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Haha... Maybe he'll point the nukes directly at America and threaten to blow up the country unless you agree to like him more.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Nov 2020, 14:55

Giuliani’s rant was quite something wasn’t it?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2020, 15:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:Giuliani’s rant was quite something wasn’t it?

Rebecca’s response was “he’s insane.” She think he and Trump are becoming senile.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 20 Nov 2020, 16:31

Minnie the Minx wrote:Giuliani’s rant was quite something wasn’t it?

Beyond the looney bin. What the hell was dripping down his face?
The more frightening speech came from Sidney Powell (QAnon psychopath) stating "On the basis of these claims, Powell called for Republican-controlled state legislatures in swing states to disregard the election results and appoint a slate of loyal electors who would vote to re-elect President Trump, based on authority putatively resting in Article Two of the Constitution"

These people are killing the country and this will not end well. This is going to get very ugly and the republicans are still all in on the BS.

Personally while watching I was thinking

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 20 Nov 2020, 16:39

Hightea wrote:The more frightening speech came from Sidney Powell (QAnon psychopath) stating "On the basis of these claims, Powell called for Republican-controlled state legislatures in swing states to disregard the election results and appoint a slate of loyal electors who would vote to re-elect President Trump, based on authority putatively resting in Article Two of the Constitution"

These people are killing the country and this will not end well. This is going to get very ugly and the republicans are still all in on the BS.

The complicity of elected Republicans in this horrific attack on the legitimacy of our elections and, by extension, the Republic, is moving beyond simply shocking. It's totally outrageous. As others have said, Trump is going to be Trump, but his enablers (all elected Republicans apart from maybe Sasse and Romney) will truly live in infamy. I can understand harboring a little reticence about this, but the time has long since passed for that. And, of course, the biggest problem is that there are tens of millions of people who are buying into this nonsense. What happens when we get a more competent version of Trump?

I gather Congress is going to drag in the GSA hack who is refusing to "ascertain" the President-elect, and if I were on Team Biden I'd be thinking about suing to compel her to do her job, though I understand why they may not want to do that.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 20 Nov 2020, 21:21

When Kimberley Guilfoyle left Fox News it apparently was a result of charges made by a female assistant that KG had sexually abused her on multiple occasions. Insisted they shared hotel rooms, insisting she sleep over at her pad when working late, often parading around naked, asking for the assistant to critique her body, getting her to massage her thighs, showing her pictures of the junk of her ex-lovers etc. etc.

Apropos of nothing much but a nice bit of gossip I wasn’t previously aware of.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 20 Nov 2020, 21:47

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Nov 2020, 04:31

The president’s legal team was thrown into tumult Sunday when two Trump attorneys — Rudolph W. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis — released a statement abruptly distancing the campaign from a third attorney, Sidney Powell.

Giuliani, Ellis and Powell all appeared together at a news conference Thursday, when they made a range of baseless accusations about the integrity of the election. Powell, in particular, has lobbed some of the most convoluted claims, alleging a conspiracy that involved “communist money,” the late Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez and an algorithm favoring Democrats.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” Giuliani and Ellis said in their statement Sunday. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.” ...

Trump believed she was causing more harm than help, a campaign official said: “She was too crazy even for the president.”

Emphasis mine. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/22/giuliani-releases-statement-distancing-trump-campaign-lawyer-sidney-powell/

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 24 Nov 2020, 16:13

Charlie O. wrote:
The president’s legal team was thrown into tumult Sunday when two Trump attorneys — Rudolph W. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis — released a statement abruptly distancing the campaign from a third attorney, Sidney Powell.

Giuliani, Ellis and Powell all appeared together at a news conference Thursday, when they made a range of baseless accusations about the integrity of the election. Powell, in particular, has lobbed some of the most convoluted claims, alleging a conspiracy that involved “communist money,” the late Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez and an algorithm favoring Democrats.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” Giuliani and Ellis said in their statement Sunday. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.” ...

Trump believed she was causing more harm than help, a campaign official said: “She was too crazy even for the president.”

Emphasis mine. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/22/giuliani-releases-statement-distancing-trump-campaign-lawyer-sidney-powell/

This was so bizarro. First the three of them together and then bam Sidney no longer part of the team. The whole Chavez was part of the conspiracy is just so strange much like many of the QAnon conspiracy.

At least the transition is starting and it looks like Trump will step down in January. Got I hope we don't have to go thru more of this stuff until Jan 20.