President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Nov 2020, 19:15

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
Deebank wrote:I'm not sure why pundits seem so surprised by the results so far*. Wasn't this scenario (very tight, narrow Biden win - which is the way it\s headed) the most widely predicted?

*Wasn't this level of Trump support predictable? Of course most decent people were hoping for better, but this was always on the cards.

Until the last few days, the consensus seemed to be that Biden had so many signs on people's lawns and was so far ahead in the polls, he had whole thing sewn up

Where have you read or heard anything that suggested lawn sign conversation equated to a consensus that the election was sewn up?

Maybe from this guy...

https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/1324166665198837766?s=20
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 06 Nov 2020, 19:20

The King is in the altogether.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 07 Nov 2020, 18:02

Have some dignity Donald. Er, perhaps not.

I’d say it’s a spectacular fall from grace, but no grace to be found with that moron.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 18:30

It's Pardon Time!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Nov 2020, 19:10

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Nov 2020, 19:20

Donald Trump’s concession speech
Opinion by
Alexandra Petri
Columnist
November 7, 2020 at 11:37 a.m. EST

In case the thing stopping President Trump from delivering a concession speech is the fact that nobody has drafted one for him, I have gone ahead and done so:

Well, people are saying they don’t want me to be president anymore. And they are saying it very strongly, with their ballots. Did you know they can do that? I didn’t know that.

So I am not going to be the president anymore. Not anymore! I thought Article II said that if you’re the president, they let you do it as long as you want to! But they have an Article I and an Article III, folks! I and III. Maybe even IV or V! Could be VI. I said, where are they finding all these articles? And they said, the Constitution.

So at first, I said, they’re stealing the election. Look at what they’re doing! They have gotten all these millions and millions of people to fill out little pieces of paper, and they’re trying to give the presidency away to whoever has the most little pieces of paper with their name on it, whether that’s me or Kanye or Joe Biden! Even though I’ve only had it four years and it’s like new. I’ve barely touched it. And they’re saying I have to give it away just because fewer of the little pieces of paper have my name on them, in certain, specific states? That doesn’t seem fair. So I said, what is this? What’s going on here? People, we’ve got to stop the count, I said! Stop the count. We can’t let this happen to our beautiful voting. And the man who is always calling me sir, he came in his hard hat, a big guy, tough, he said, sir, actually, that is voting.

I couldn’t believe it. I said, these millions and millions of little tiny pieces of paper, with names and signatures, you mean to tell me that’s people casting their legitimate votes in accordance with the laws of democracy, and he said, yes, that is how you got to be president the first time, and I said, I thought I was president because the map and maybe something to do with God, and he said, That too, sir, and then he sobbed onto my shoulder and called me ‘sir’ one last time.

I thought they were doing devious things, I said. I kept seeing all the numbers and they didn’t make any sense, like my net worth, but bad. I kept saying, wait a minute, what’s going on here? Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada. Why are we looking at these states? Why are they important? Why are we watching a man in Gap khakis yell at a map into the night? Did the map do something wrong? It is red in some places and blue in other places. It seems like the red and the blue are fighting each other by doing math? I have a great brain, and I knew that if I were not following, nobody would be following.

But it turns out in some places Joe had more little papers than I had, and in other places I had more than he had. And I said, it’s very complicated. And I said, so whoever gets the most paper, that’s the president, and they said, no, we have a system called the electoral college which is a vestigial system from our nation’s founding, and it means that you can have the most papers and still not be the president. That was how you became president in the first place. And that’s okay? I said, and they said, no, but it used to benefit you, so we did not complain about it, and now it is too late.

So that’s what it is, folks! A little thing called an election. Most people have never heard of it, but it’s been happening every four years, for all this time. Centuries! And it says I’m not the president anymore. It’s incredible, isn’t it? And then they came up to me and they said, sir, we have to go by what it says, so I said, okay, that’s what they want, give them what they want!

And they said, Mr. President, sir, it’s not up to you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/07/trump-concession-speech/

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 07 Nov 2020, 19:28

mwhahaha. alexandra petri is a riot. if y'all haven't read her before, you should run a lil search on some of her articles.

bannon update: apparently, he hasn't been taken back into custody yet, but a day after his beheading comments, his lawyers quit.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Nov 2020, 19:31

kath wrote:mwhahaha. alexandra petri is a riot. if y'all haven't read her before, you should run a lil search on some of her articles.

She's often too snarky-cute for my tastes, but she nailed this one.

kath wrote:bannon update: apparently, he hasn't been taken back into custody yet, but a day after his beheading comments, his lawyers quit.

:lol:

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 19:42

kath wrote:bannon update: apparently, he hasn't been taken back into custody yet, but a day after his beheading comments, his lawyers quit.

I would’ve just had something in my contract that said the fee doubled every time he said something in public.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Nov 2020, 00:45

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Nov 2020, 03:17

The gang that couldn’t shoot straight? Once again I am reminded of how shocked I was for Trump to win in 2016.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 08 Nov 2020, 10:13

Donnie's protracted bad hair day just keeps getting worse and worse

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... q5Wk8TdKWV

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 08 Nov 2020, 10:43

Sam Stone wrote:Donnie's protracted bad hair day just keeps getting worse and worse

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... q5Wk8TdKWV

Actually now no more "if" about it...

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Nov 2020, 10:52

Love this.

Madame Tussaud’s have changed Trump’s clothing from suit and tie to golfing gear overnight.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 08 Nov 2020, 12:21

Lord Rother wrote:Love this.

Madame Tussaud’s have changed Trump’s clothing from suit and tie to golfing gear overnight.

Cue joke about orange jumpsuit...

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 08 Nov 2020, 15:15

Are those sycophantic GOP Senators still too afraid of the Devil to face him down?

A shambles.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 08 Nov 2020, 16:30

soundchaser wrote:Are those sycophantic GOP Senators still too afraid of the Devil to face him down?

A shambles.

Their voters are his voters. They can't alienate their base. That's been their problem for the past few years and it will probably continue to bedevil them.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 Nov 2020, 11:12

Genuinely one of the crazyist news items of the last 4-5 years of this psycho-crazy news period.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 Nov 2020, 11:15

soundchaser wrote:Great to see the Trump boys calling out the GOP for (social) distancing...what a pair of wankers!

Hopefully, this dynasty will be nipped in the bud when Joe wins later.

they must be all shitting it at what comes next.

I don't see them worrying in the slightest. They have guardian angels all around, and are so confident, arrogant and gilded that they don't just think they are above the law, they know it. They've done nothing wrong, and they have no conscience. They haven't lost, they never have. They've won. And will continue to win. There is no other way of looking at it. And they will go about their lives as if nothing has changed and live happily ever after.
Last edited by Geezee on 09 Nov 2020, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 Nov 2020, 11:22

Dr. Baron wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Are those sycophantic GOP Senators still too afraid of the Devil to face him down?

A shambles.

Their voters are his voters. They can't alienate their base. That's been their problem for the past few years and it will probably continue to bedevil them.

And he has just led them to the biggest vote in their history as a party.
I am genuinely curious over how he will concede, if he does (publicly). He's never done anything like it before, and it's hard (impossible) to imagine him saying anything even vaguely resembling that he didn't win, or that somebody else won. It's idiotic to me when commentators are talking about how he needs to be magnanimous or show McCain's concession speech or something similar. It's not him, never has been, never will be. I'm assuming the only way that it can be done is to effectively repeat the mantra that he has won and that the news is fake and the election was a fraud, but that he will continue to take the matter to the courts. So not a formal concession, but rather just an empty rant with nothing clear, and any transition, assuming there is one, is done quietly behind the scenes with periodic outbursts of "this is a fraud".
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON