President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Oct 2020, 15:56

At some point on this thread, I'm pretty sure I said that when DJT put VP Pence in charge of the Covid task force or whatever, he was setting him up to be a fall guy. I think I wrongly credited the President with playing chess when he is only capable of checkers. Nevertheless, as the pandemic intensifies across the globe and threatens the viability of the President's re-election, Pence has been MIA.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/2 ... lid=630318
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 30 Oct 2020, 16:54

I know recent polls have Trump slightly ahead in Texas, but if he loses it he's toast, right?
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Oct 2020, 17:00

toomanyhatz wrote:I know recent polls have Trump slightly ahead in Texas, but if he loses it he's toast, right?

Yeah, I don't see how it would be possible for him to pull that off.

One good thing is that the Texas count should be done reasonably quickly, so if a miracle would happen and he lost Texas, that might shut down a lot of the ugly, protracted litigation that he'll have rolling in other places.

He's been spreading lies about how the election should be decided on election day and how votes received after election day shouldn't be counted. Intelligent people know this is all bullshit, but I fear how it could muddy the waters with MAGA types.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Oct 2020, 17:03

Also, Texas is a unique situation with all the new voters, but presumably if he loses Texas, he's losing in lots of other places.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 30 Oct 2020, 17:32

Dr. Baron wrote:I think I wrongly credited the President with playing chess when he is only capable of checkers.

Its more the actions of an habitual deadbeat: if something good happens take all the credit, if something bad happens spread the blame "We're looking into that..." etc..

He's playing snap, not checkers

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Oct 2020, 17:38

Well I think he’s playing D&D and he’s a shit dungeon master who never bothered reading the rule book.
Bugger off.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Oct 2020, 19:41

Lifted from CNN -
Appearing on Laura Ingraham's Fox News show Thursday night, Donald Trump Jr. was asked about Dr. Sanjay Gupta's recommendation that anyone who attends a campaign rally for the President self-quarantine for two weeks.

He responded this way (bolding is mine):
"I mean, give me a break, Laura, the reality is this ... if you look, I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago, because I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections, but I was like, 'Well, why aren't they talking about deaths?' Oh, oh, because the number is almost nothing."

That “nothing” was 1004 yesterday.

What a fella.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Oct 2020, 19:53

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Besides he’s nothing without his father which is sad.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 31 Oct 2020, 10:51

"Our doctors get more money if someone dies from Covid. You know that, right? I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say 'I'm sorry but everybody dies of Covid,' " Trump said,

Christ alive.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 31 Oct 2020, 17:02

Lord Rother wrote:"Our doctors get more money if someone dies from Covid. You know that, right? I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say 'I'm sorry but everybody dies of Covid,' " Trump said.

Christ alive.

Not even Jimbo would buy into THAT conspiracy theory. Sure, doctors make more money off of dead patients than alive ones, everybody knows that...

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 01 Nov 2020, 19:58

If this is the final will Trump except it?

Still think PA,FL, AZ and NC are in play but looking like this now.

Hope I'm wrong and this is not that close.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Nov 2020, 20:24

Hightea wrote:Image

is that 538's map?

i gotta be honest here. i do not think trump is gonna take ohio, penn, north carolina, georgia and texas.

he is not gonna sweep these states.

i've said it before, but i think trump is in major trouble and has a very low shot at winning this.

"Joe Biden leads Donald Trump in the four states likeliest to decide the presidency, according to the final Times/Siena surveys of the campaign
Ariz.: Biden 49, Trump 43
Florida: Biden 47, Trump 44
Penn.: Biden 49, Trump 43
Wisc: Biden 52, Trump 42"

even if 538's poll is right (and i don't think it is, mwhahaha)... i aint so sure the supreme court is gonna kiss his ass. they might. but as i always preach, let's just see.

anyway, one piece of good news, in the for-fucque's-sake dept:

"BREAKING: Texas Supreme Court DENIES petition seeking to toss out almost 127,000 Harris County votes cast in drive-thru lanes.
Denial is without comment."

dave wasserman replies:

"It doesn't deserve comment."

kath

Postby kath » 01 Nov 2020, 20:26

Charlie O. wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:"Our doctors get more money if someone dies from Covid. You know that, right? I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say 'I'm sorry but everybody dies of Covid,' " Trump said.

Christ alive.

Not even Jimbo would buy into THAT conspiracy theory. Sure, doctors make more money off of dead patients than alive ones, everybody knows that...

oh yes he would. i will bet ya five bucks right now he's backin up this utter despicable horseshit somewhere else right this very now.

of course, you'll hafta do the real research to decide who wins the bet, cuz there is just no fucquin way i'm doin it. mwhaha.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 01 Nov 2020, 20:56

I've missed you, kath.

:::smooch:::

kath

Postby kath » 01 Nov 2020, 21:27

Charlie O. wrote:I've missed you, kath.

:::::smack:::::

we lost all power and internet when zeta hit us. it was upper cat 2, when forever they told us til right before it hit it would be lower cat 1. then the eye wall hit riiiight exactly over new orleans. ended up packin quite a punch. yestermorn, the local paper said there was still 300,000 without power. so... we are lucky and all.

but big trees down in back. sam, wielding chainsaw. attila, draggin and stackin branches, etc.

i.. supervise, mwhahaha.

but we got all connections back right before halloween.

handed out 49 candy cups, so i'm thinkin folk needed it. ya. some of the folk who came to our yard still didn't have power. but their lil wee babes were wearing strings of lights and costumes and all.

the mohawk skeleton dude plays another one bites the dust. mwhaha.

you've already seen charlie. we always tell the kids charlie is really sweeter and more festive than he looks... and the lil ones smile big and look at charlie like he's a friend.

a wunnerful night.

sumthin's wrong with sam. we aint goin there.

am i on a tangent? oh dear. do i digresseth eke?

oh yeah, trump is gonna lose.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 01 Nov 2020, 23:36

Glad y'all are ok, kath!

No surprise here . . . Trump plans to declare victory on election night if it looks like he's ahead in several key states (which it could, due to how the ballots are counting).

Unless he suffers a crushing, landslide defeat, it's gonna be an ugly month or so.

https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-elect ... f613f.html

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Nov 2020, 02:01

I can deal with an ugly month or so a lot better than I can deal with an uglier four years (assuming we live so long).

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 02 Nov 2020, 15:03

Here's more map, poll, possible scenario info for the masochists.

ttps://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020 ... enu_recirc

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Nov 2020, 16:00

kath wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:I've missed you, kath.

:::::smack:::::

we lost all power and internet when zeta hit us. it was upper cat 2, when forever they told us til right before it hit it would be lower cat 1. then the eye wall hit riiiight exactly over new orleans. ended up packin quite a punch. yestermorn, the local paper said there was still 300,000 without power. so... we are lucky and all.

but big trees down in back. sam, wielding chainsaw. attila, draggin and stackin branches, etc.

i.. supervise, mwhahaha.

but we got all connections back right before halloween.

handed out 49 candy cups, so i'm thinkin folk needed it. ya. some of the folk who came to our yard still didn't have power. but their lil wee babes were wearing strings of lights and costumes and all.

the mohawk skeleton dude plays another one bites the dust. mwhaha.

you've already seen charlie. we always tell the kids charlie is really sweeter and more festive than he looks... and the lil ones smile big and look at charlie like he's a friend.

a wunnerful night.

sumthin's wrong with sam. we aint goin there.

am i on a tangent? oh dear. do i digresseth eke?

oh yeah, trump is gonna lose.

nice shots Kath - glad your okay.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Nov 2020, 16:05

kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:Image

is that 538's map?

i gotta be honest here. i do not think trump is gonna take ohio, penn, north carolina, georgia and texas.

he is not gonna sweep these states.

i've said it before, but i think trump is in major trouble and has a very low shot at winning this.

"Joe Biden leads Donald Trump in the four states likeliest to decide the presidency, according to the final Times/Siena surveys of the campaign
Ariz.: Biden 49, Trump 43
Florida: Biden 47, Trump 44
Penn.: Biden 49, Trump 43
Wisc: Biden 52, Trump 42"

even if 538's poll is right (and i don't think it is, mwhahaha)... i aint so sure the supreme court is gonna kiss his ass. they might. but as i always preach, let's just see.

anyway, one piece of good news, in the for-fucque's-sake dept:

"BREAKING: Texas Supreme Court DENIES petition seeking to toss out almost 127,000 Harris County votes cast in drive-thru lanes.
Denial is without comment."

dave wasserman replies:

"It doesn't deserve comment."

Kath I get it and am aware of all polls - the thought from most sites put it at 80 -90% chance Biden win.
I'm not going there its much more like 60-70% Biden. I typically don't believe the right's theories but am believing this is closer.
Although the path will be very hard for Trump and I like the fact that TX, FL,GA, NC are in play. Biden wins any of those he wins.

God I hope this is over Tuesday nite or Wednesday with a Biden win. This country can't handle another debacle that takes weeks to figure out.