President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Dr. Baron » 28 Jun 2020, 21:38

Well, yeah, but this sort of thing seems to happen on a monthly basis.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 28 Jun 2020, 21:39

If you like Steve Schmidt’s words, you should look up the Lincoln Projects ads against Trump on YouTube. They’re a group of pissed off Republicans. The ads are on the money.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLincolnProject

Of course, these people were happy to have the racist vote when it was for a Bush, Romney, or McCain.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 04 Jul 2020, 15:17

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Jul 2020, 14:38

The President, seeing poll numbers suggesting a landslide blue wave election, bad new GDP numbers, and no end to the pandemic he has not even tried to manage, floats the idea of delaying the election. To be clear, that requires an act of Congress, which isn’t happening. But it can’t hurt him to sow seeds of illegitimacy surrounding the election, notwithstanding his party’s open war on fair and free elections. It will only get worse, of course.

But in the end, unless he wins election, his term ends on January 20 at noon. And THAT can only be changed by amending the constitution.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Jul 2020, 20:18

Trump’s recent “performances” have been pathetic. Looking forward to watching him leave the WH.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 30 Jul 2020, 20:31

Watch him throw a tantrum and refuse to leave, forcing the house to send in his favourite federal troopers.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Jul 2020, 20:49

@SethAbramson has put forth a rather baroque theory on Twitter about the real endgame, which (in short) is to sow enough trouble to actually discourage Republicans from voting to such an extent that his loss is so lopsided that the validity of the election is called into question, resulting in chaos.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 30 Jul 2020, 22:22

Dr. Baron wrote:@SethAbramson has put forth a rather baroque theory on Twitter about the real endgame, which (in short) is to sow enough trouble to actually discourage Republicans from voting to such an extent that his loss is so lopsided that the validity of the election is called into question, resulting in chaos.

:lol: I'm willing to let him try that one.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Jul 2020, 22:53

Charlie O. wrote:
Dr. Baron wrote:@SethAbramson has put forth a rather baroque theory on Twitter about the real endgame, which (in short) is to sow enough trouble to actually discourage Republicans from voting to such an extent that his loss is so lopsided that the validity of the election is called into question, resulting in chaos.

I have slightly more faith in SCOTUS to shut anything down than Abramson, and i doubt Trump has the strategic capacity to think in the 3D chess that the theory sort of requires, but the thread is pretty chilling.

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status ... 28866?s=21

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 30 Jul 2020, 23:28

Dr. Baron wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:

I have slightly more faith in SCOTUS to shut anything down than Abramson, and i doubt Trump has the strategic capacity to think in the 3D chess that the theory sort of requires, but the thread is pretty chilling.

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status ... 28866?s=21

Yeah, you're right - that is scary. I wouldn't say it's likely, but... then again, this whole administration has been anything but likely.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 31 Jul 2020, 03:29

Whatever, some people never accepted Obama got into office the entire 8 year he was there. They were probably threatening to stop that from happening. Nope. Bunch of whiny little bitches they are.

I imagine there will be some nasty tweets as he stays up all night waiting for the movers.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 31 Jul 2020, 18:32

Boy was I surprised last when, in conversation with a good (francophone) friend that she really likes Trump. Now, her English is very poor, so I'm sure his diatribes and such mean little to her. In Canada, she is very much a Liberal.

What can she possibly like about about the stain? She wouldn't expand on it.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 31 Jul 2020, 19:28

bobzilla77 wrote:
I imagine there will be some nasty tweets as he stays up all night waiting for the movers.

Doubt he’ll need a removal van where he’s going

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 31 Jul 2020, 21:45

Sam Stone wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:

You don’t really think he’ll get banged up do you? (God I hope he does.)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 01 Aug 2020, 09:59

Lord Rother wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:

You don’t really think he’ll get banged up do you? (God I hope he does.)

One can only live in hope!

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 09 Aug 2020, 21:09

Apparently the White House are trying to find out what it takes to add a face to Mount Rushmore....

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Aug 2020, 04:21

In the I don't hate Trump department ...

Obama the Committed Warlord against Trump the Accidental Peacemaker

U.S. military fatalities during the Obama term were 1,912. Trump’s body count to date is only 123. ... Trump bumbling in the foreign policy darkness randomly added up to the ... diplomatic equivalent of all those monkeys pecking away at a million typewriters and accidentally reproducing Hamlet. Whatever helps you sleep at night. But the tally, in trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of human lives saved, is unambiguous and good.

https://wemeantwell.com/blog/
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 19 Aug 2020, 12:27

Whats Trumps body count as a result of domestic policy? (or lack of)

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Sep 2020, 03:23

From Matt Taibbi, secret far right winger, racist, Trump supportin' liberal:

America this week is obsessing about conversations between Donald Trump and Washington Post legend Bob Woodward. It’s a scoop, but a crazier story is being buried.

Beginning on September 1, tapes were released of conversations between former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and top CNN figures, including Chris Cuomo and president Jeff Zucker. The conversations between Zucker and Cohen especially go a long way toward explaining how Donald Trump became president. We see clearly how Zucker, famed now as a supposed stalwart force of anti-Trumpism, actually encouraged him during the 2016 campaign, to the point where he offered Trump help on how to succeed in a CNN-sponsored debate.

Wha :o
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 19 Sep 2020, 19:11

Dr. Baron wrote:
LeBaron wrote:And in the meantime, the President stacks the federal courts with judges far more radical than Kennedy and Roberts, so if and when all of the liberals wet dreams of majority governance come true, the federal courts will say, "not so fast." When the time comes to strike down universal healthcare or to overturn Roe v. Wade or ditch the exclusionary rule or declare the EPA unconstitutional, they won't strike out.

Even the Failing NYT says so!

NYT wrote:The expected appeals court confirmation on Tuesday of Britt C. Grant, 40, a Georgia Supreme Court justice who was once a clerk for Judge Kavanaugh, would be Mr. Trump’s 24th circuit court appointment — more than any other president had secured at this point in his presidency since the creation of the regional circuit court system in 1891, according to an analysis of judicial records by The New York Times. The Senate did not confirm President Barack Obama’s 24th nominee to the regional circuit courts until the fourth year of his presidency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/us/p ... udges.html

Unless there is a miracle in the Senate or future constitutional amendments . . . Goodbye Green New Deal. Goodbye Obamacare (and socialized medicine). Goodbye reproductive rights. Goodbye to the Exclusionary Rule. Goodbye to class action lawsuits against major corporations. Goodbye to campaign finance reform. Hello to an expansion of the 2nd Amendment (goodbye, gun regulations). Welcome to the new Lochner Era.