President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 22:17

Flower wrote:I also agree with Jimbo on the importance of having an enemy, which is fodder for a separate thread.

I do too - though I'm not sure I see it in the same places he does.

The thing that I think he's determined to not get is this:

Let's just concede that the entire American political system is geared toward wealth, which is easily found in weapons manufacturing and sales, which keeps us in a constant state of war. Now:

a) What are you going to do about it now that it's been entrenched in our system for, at minimum 70 years?

and

b) If they're all war-mongers, you gonna vote for the war monger that wants to take your social security, your voting rights, and a woman's right to choose, or the one that wants to preserve them?

And no, neither Bernie nor Tulsi is going to be able to reverse 70 years of history on their own, even if they were to be elected, which they won't be.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 22:39

toomanyhatz wrote: And no, neither Bernie nor Tulsi is going to be able to reverse 70 years of history on their own, even if they were to be elected, which they won't be.

Tulsi especially is echoing the policy that Trump had promised: ending regime change wars and bettering health care. To be honest, I kind of hoped Trump would somehow deliver in a "Nixon goes to China" way. That attitude pissed off a lot of you guys, especially Diamond Dog. Nonetheless, ending stupid wars and Medicare for all are still laudable goals. If Bernie and Tulsi stick to their guns, not get distracted by the smears and lies, hang tough, show that they mean business (because they do!) Tulsi and or Bernie will lose to Trump by a lesser number than any other candidate might. :(
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 22:53

Oh, and...

I haven't seen any particular machinations from Schiff or Pelosi as far as supporting the war machine, but even if they have that in no way means they don't have a legitimate case against our grifter president. And they understand protocol a whole hell of a lot better than he does.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 23:34

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, and...

I haven't seen any particular machinations from Schiff or Pelosi as far as supporting the war machine, but even if they have that in no way means they don't have a legitimate case against our grifter president. And they understand protocol a whole hell of a lot better than he does.

Protocol, we don't need no stinkin' protocol.

Had Schiff or Pelosi an anti-war bent, which is the best bent I hope you would agree, then they'd impeach Trump based upon his war crimes and not his nebulous Ukrainian phone call. That they're worried the Ukrainians didn't get our million dollar missile systems on time shows their hawkish bent. That Trump had sent missiles into Syria based on an US promoted lie that Assad gassed his own people is a war crime - one that Pelosi and Schiff stupidly overlook.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 23:57

Jimbo wrote:Protocol, we don't need no stinkin' protocol.

To impeach someone?

You sure as fuck do.

Hell, I'd love to impeach him just for being unprofessional, but I think they probably know a little more about it than I do. And a lot more than you.

And you can't just call something a war crime 'cause you don't like killing. You have to prove a case. Again, forgive me if I trust them just a little bit more about how to do that than you.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Dec 2019, 02:51

I wonder what Trump's next impeachment will be about.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Dec 2019, 03:50

My Tulsi standing up against the establishment and votes "present." I'd have voted "no". Let's vote the bastard out of office with an election. But if Tulsi thinks a "present' vote is good it probably is. Like Hatz sez, Jimbo don't know shit. But Tulsi, she knows a thing or two.

“One may not always agree with my decision, but everyone should know that I will always do what I believe to be right for the country that I love,” she said. “After doing my due diligence in reviewing the 658-page impeachment report, I came to the conclusion that I could not in good conscience vote either yes or no.”

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Dec 2019, 03:59

Count Machuki wrote:I wonder what Trump's next impeachment will be about.

Wanton destruction of the planet. Trump's hairspray is bad for the ozone level.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 19 Dec 2019, 04:08

It would be hilarious if Pelosi beat Mitch at his own game holding back the articles of impeachment and cutting them
loose if the Democrats re-take the Senate. That would also require DJT to be re-elected, of course. But it would also prevent a sham acquittal.

Or maybe she just wants Rudy to implode a little more and see what shakes loose.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 19 Dec 2019, 06:02

Tulsi Gabbard may need to switch parties now. She’ll never be elected as dog catcher again as a Democrat.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Dec 2019, 15:28

From Doonesbury character Roland B. Hedley Jr.'s Twitter feed: "Years from now, Tulsi Gabbard, reflecting on this historic moment, will be able to tell her grandchildren that she was present."

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 19 Dec 2019, 15:53

David Remnick at the New Yorker has been on point for the duration of this administration.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... hment-lite
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Dec 2019, 16:34

Still Baron wrote:David Remnick at the New Yorker has been on point for the duration of this administration.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... hment-lite

Are you kidding? THIS is more RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! saber rattling bullshit. It used to be the right who didn't do nuance. This is how the author summed up the case against Trump without an ounce of nuance . None. My god. This is your source for information?

Trump, with the help of Rudy Giuliani and others, attempted to withhold hundreds of millions of dollars in military assistance to Ukraine, an ally under assault from Russia, as a way to extract a crude and distinctly personal political favor.

Arms which Obama wouldn't have sent at all. You know that! You know that! Whether or not Trump sought a favor is not my problem. It looks like he might have. Some nuance would help there too, however. But good but little guy Ukraine against big bad guy Russia, well there is a lot more to that story you should --- I'll bet you do --- know.

And then the writer flopped down this dead fish.

No one denied with any conviction that Trump had asked for foreign help in 2016 (“Russia, if you’re listening…”)

Trump was joking. And you know that, too! My god. What has happened to your brains. The body snatchers got you buddy.

I sentence you to a daily dose of Fault Lines with Nixon and Stranahan.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Dec 2019, 17:16

To quote Elvis, "it's clown time again." :lol:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Dec 2019, 05:40

It's not often that I share (or for that matter, read) an article from Christianity Today, but... this was a little unexpected:

Trump Should Be Removed from Office

_

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 20 Dec 2019, 09:35

Charlie O. wrote:It's not often that I share (or for that matter, read) an article from Christianity Today, but... this was a little unexpected:

Trump Should Be Removed from Office

_

Interesting and very true from my far removed perspective.

How much sway does Christianity Today hold with the core support?

Other than the immovable zealots, that is.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Dec 2019, 16:00

It was founded by Billy Graham, so I would think it would have some cachet/influence. But I don’t really know.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Dec 2019, 16:56

boy, what a Frankenstein's monster that Frankin Graham has become, huh?
Inka Dinka Doo

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 20 Dec 2019, 17:57

Pelosi doesn't want to send the impeachment to the Senate. She says she won't get a fair trial from McConnell. I don't blame her. He's already said he's not impartial.

Did you guys see George Conway's new name for Trump? IMPOTUS.

Love it.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 21 Dec 2019, 01:38

Charlie O. wrote:It was founded by Billy Graham, so I would think it would have some cachet/influence. But I don’t really know.

Not that much anymore, per this piece:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/ ... icals.html
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.