President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 Dec 2019, 04:44

I actually dug Biden challenging that guy. He reminded me of Joe Piscipo playing Sinatra - calling the guy “Jack” (and I think “Fat” at one point).

If Joe gets the nomination, this is the Joe we need. No fucking malarkey, Jack!
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2019, 05:38

Oh you kid!
How many Biden supporters can we fit in a phone booth?
Inka Dinka Doo

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2019, 14:00

At his next campaign stop I hear Joe's going to climb a flagpole and eat live goldfish.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2019, 14:32

Question: Isn't Barr obliged to recuse himself from anything to with Giuliani, and by extension, the president, inasmuch as he's part of the "Ukraine-gate" narrative?

Obviously it's unrealistic to expect him to take that action because he's clearly in Trump's pocket, but how is it reasonable that he's at the top of the chain of command in the S.D.N.Y's investigation of Giuliani?

It seems to me that when the president is in criminal legal trouble, his attorney general has a per se conflict of interest and therefore an ethical obligation to recuse himself.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 06 Dec 2019, 14:40

But his Department’s long-standing policy is that there’s no such thing as “criminal legal trouble” for the President!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 Dec 2019, 15:41

Sneelock wrote:Oh you kid!
How many Biden supporters can we fit in a phone booth?

harvey k-tel wrote:At his next campaign stop I hear Joe's going to climb a flagpole and eat live goldfish.

Lotta old folks in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Arizona. Joe should just go ahead and buy that raccoon coat and learn to play ukulele.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2019, 16:43

maybe we've got him all wrong.
he didn't call that guy "fat". He said "phat", like in the 90's.
it's a compliment!
Inka Dinka Doo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2019, 17:02

I think Biden saying "I support this ad" is the single best thing he's done in this campaign.
remember all that talk of "normalizing" TRUMP? well, it happened. the tweets, the name-calling, the boorish behavior, it's all very common place to us now. TRUMP is a bully and a blowhard and it's not normal to have a guy like that in that job. I support that ad because it reminds people that the president IS a bully and a blowhard and the place of respect the U.S. has in the international community has taken a BIG hit as a result. I don't think showing how TRUMP acts is "stooping to his level". calling him a scumbag and a stupid loser would be stooping to his level.
Inka Dinka Doo

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2019, 17:20

Sneelock wrote:I think Biden saying "I support this ad" is the single best thing he's done in this campaign.
remember all that talk of "normalizing" TRUMP? well, it happened. the tweets, the name-calling, the boorish behavior, it's all very common place to us now. TRUMP is a bully and a blowhard and it's not normal to have a guy like that in that job. I support that ad because it reminds people that the president IS a bully and a blowhard and the place of respect the U.S. has in the international community has taken a BIG hit as a result. I don't think showing how TRUMP acts is "stooping to his level". calling him a scumbag and a stupid loser would be stooping to his level.

How do you feel about candidates - or sitting pols - swearing? Yang said "shit" three or four times in the Useful Idiots interview and Tulsi said "fuck" with Rogan. And Howard Stern asked Hillary if she was a lesbian or not. It does indicate a loosening up of what is expected. I don't think that Trump is the cause of this loosening up.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2019, 18:31

I fuckin' love swearing.
like anything, it can be done well. I'm not claiming that I do it especially well. there's always room for improvement.

TRUMP said he thought the impeachment was "bullshit" to a crowd. he knew it was being televised because all his speeches in front of crowds are televised. was it good swearing? yes. As a fan of using the word "bullshit" this was some good delivery. were I a judge at a "swearing" competition I would have held up a 9. very good but room for improvement.

I'm all for loosening up but I think there's a matter of intention. Does anybody in America think TRUMP is aiming at our higher nature? Yang and even the dreaded Tulsi actually might be albeit in a roundabout way. they choose these words to convey their ideas. TRUMP uses those words to his amped up crowds because he is going for the twitch nerve in the lizard brain. not everybody who uses those words is.
Inka Dinka Doo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Dec 2019, 19:21

Hey, I've been away. Have the Democrats fucked up the impeachment yet?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Dec 2019, 19:36

Count Machuki wrote:Hey, I've been away. Have the Democrats fucked up the impeachment yet?

Depends on who you ask, I reckon!

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Dec 2019, 20:13

Still Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Hey, I've been away. Have the Democrats fucked up the impeachment yet?

I'm asking you, dude!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Dec 2019, 21:10

Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

I'm asking you, dude!

I think Pelosi has managed it pretty well.

There are arguments to be made for doing it different, but they are all speculative and wouldn’t make a big difference in the long run, I don’t think.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Dec 2019, 00:54

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

By KENNETH P. VOGEL and DAVID STERN

01/11/2017

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.....

The Ukrainian ambassador, Chaly, penned an op-ed for The Hill, in which he chastised Trump ...

Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk warned on Facebook that Trump had “challenged the very values of the free world.”....

Ukraine’s minister of internal affairs, Arsen Avakov, piled on, trashing Trump on Twitter in July as a “clown” and asserting that Trump is “an even bigger danger to the US than terrorism.” ....

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ ... ire-233446

This is the proof that Trump was right again. Ukrainians did try to stifle his campaign.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Dec 2019, 17:14

you read it? you really think that's the slam dunk you characterize it as?
that article also states a lot of things that TRUMP and you & Green Glenwald have noisily denied.
you keep the parts you like and ignore the parts you don't? ok. I will too. :p
Inka Dinka Doo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Dec 2019, 17:22

just kidding. the old guard trashing TRUMP publicly is supposed to take the sting off negotiating with the new guard privately and withholding aid depending on political favors? IMO it doesn't . not by a long shot.
Inka Dinka Doo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Dec 2019, 17:25

This just in: TRUMP IS a clown.
sorry to be the one to break it to you.
have a beverage. you'll be fine.
Inka Dinka Doo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Dec 2019, 17:42

Sneelock wrote:This just in: TRUMP IS a clown.
sorry to be the one to break it to you.
have a beverage. you'll be fine.

Christ, even the rules of haiku are being degraded by this administration.
What a world!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Dec 2019, 17:45

Now dig this
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... _News_Feed
These people DO realize that Thanos is the villain, don’t they? Of course they do. I mean, they must! What the fuck?
Inka Dinka Doo