Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 21:36

This is perfect. :D

CNN vs Caitlin

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/17/poli ... index.html

25 times Trump was soft on Russia

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/25-t ... a915b07f97

25 Times Trump Has Been Dangerously Hawkish On Russia

(This is where Davey (If he bothers to read both stories) will say, "I never said CNN was the "be all end all" Trump-Russia source." Because Caitlin fucking nails it!!!!!)
Last edited by Jimbo on 18 Nov 2019, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 21:45

Jimbo wrote:

If there was another BCBer who backed me up from time to time I might be looser with my terminology. But on this board it seems like I'm always alone so I need to be careful to source my words to show you I am not talking out of my ass. I need to show there are other humans who share my opinions or from whom I get ideas. Oddly none of those guys or gals seem to like music like we do. Nonetheless, they are my sources, my inspiration, my back ups, fellow travelers, etc.

Of course there are other humans who share your opinions but this is a small sample of humanity. I do believe that I understand your point.

Question .. Were you on the original Classic Rock Forums when Dwight ran the board? CRF had an "hidden" political discussion forum for a while and things would get pretty heated. One of the posters was called NewDawnFades or Dawnie by some of us. Dawnie's opinions were the polar opposite of my opinions concerning GWB. He would often come after me, demanding for me to show my "sources" and I would provide links to articles but the "sources" were never up to his satisfaction. I recall at one of my "sources" was no good because it was from the WSJ, another from the NYTimes, one was from a Canadian writer, etc.

I just stopped posting political comments because it wasn't worth it for me. I am not saying in any way that you should stop posting about what you feel, know or think but that posting about politics will always be heated and everyone will read things that they feel are wrong, illogical or just plain dumb. No one can change my mind about Trump. I hate him to my very core. He could give his fortune to protect animals and save the planet and I would still not trust him.

People will believe what they want to believe. You know that some people just like to stir the pot, you do it yourself. The trick is not to allow it to get to you.

Post to please yourself. I doubt if you're alone. You are allowing people to jerk your chain. Peace.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 22:04

Oh, I think that chain-jerking definitely goes both ways. And I do think there's times it's deliberate trolling to get a response, which I'm always happy to provide. If I weren't, I'd ignore him. There are folks here I ignore.

And as I've said before, I don't have a personal issue with Jimbo - I'd love to have a drink with him some time and tell him he's full of shit in person. :D

Hell, I tell my best friends they're full of shit when I think they're full of shit.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 22:10

Flower wrote: Post to please yourself. I doubt if you're alone. You are allowing people to jerk your chain. Peace.

No, on BCB I am alone. I have been staggered by that since 9/11 and now with Russia-gate and even now-er, Ukrainegate. Yes, BCB is a small pond but usually if you see one carp there's another one or two somewhere near by. But on BCB, noooooo.

No matter, we are just jousting with words here and I think I am getting better and better at it. Not good enough to get another BCBer on my side but someday I will. :D
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 22:28

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, I think that chain-jerking definitely goes both ways. And I do think there's times it's deliberate trolling to get a response, which I'm always happy to provide. If I weren't, I'd ignore him. There are folks here I ignore.

And as I've said before, I don't have a personal issue with Jimbo - I'd love to have a drink with him some time and tell him he's full of shit in person. :D

Hell, I tell my best friends they're full of shit when I think they're full of shit.

Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Jimbo ... good luck and hope that your find your carp-mate soon. :)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 23:19

Flower wrote: Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Enjoy your everything bagels.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2019, 00:39

Looks like the Dem's dream President Mike Pence may be realer than you think. Trump's gone to the hospital with chest pains.

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 Nov 2019, 02:09

Jimbo wrote:
Flower wrote: Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Enjoy your everything bagels.

Wrong thread ... ;)

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Nov 2019, 15:12

This Vindman guy is dropping some bombs in a nerdy understated way.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 19 Nov 2019, 21:22

Jim Jordan needs a good slap across his face. such a sleeze ball

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Nov 2019, 00:47

Hightea wrote:Jim Jordan needs a good slap across his face. such a sleeze ball

Jimmy Dore said the Dem's case is so weak it makes Republicans into Clarence Darrows.

I see Jordan as the Republican 2024 presidential candidate. In fact I am impressed with how not-Trumpian the Republicans are. They're pretty sharp people. Maybe I need to watch more C Span.

Schiff's closer was awesome. Trump is a fool, a boor, a fumbler, so not a professional.

I'm so confused. :?

That Volker is a warmonger. Hates Russia! Meanwhile, not mentioned when praising scrappy Ukraine's anti-Russia stance is that at this moment Zelenskiy, whom I like, is in peace talks with Russia. Volker is calling for more arms and more war.
Last edited by Jimbo on 20 Nov 2019, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 01:49

If Jim Jordan keeps getting his ass handed to him, he's going to need a bigger chair.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2019, 02:04

Jimbo wrote:I'm so confused. :?

Anyone following this thread would not be surprised at this statement.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Nov 2019, 02:11

Six String wrote:

Yeah, like you know what's going on. Go ahead. Do tell.

From what I can see both parties are making credible cases.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 02:51

That John Solomon stuff is pure horse shit.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Nov 2019, 03:04

Sneelock wrote:That John Solomon stuff is pure horse shit.

How so? And you have a link?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 06:12

Here you go.
https://images.app.goo.gl/xC7qejoDfUMTEcyV6
You know how Google works. The Hill promised to review all his horse-shit in light of the testimony given under oath.
They’ve changed his status so that his work is clearly marked as opinion.
You think maybe we’ll see John Solomon under oath? No, he’ll be shoveling the horse shit to FOX & Nunes & my pal Jimbo.
That’s John Solomon’s business & business is good.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Nov 2019, 15:51

Sondland is coming across as awfully flip for a congressional hearing. Fucking amateur hour at the Trump administration, as usual.

Seems like he's not doing his boss any favors at all, either.

In fact, Nunes looks worried as all get-out going into the recess before his questioning.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 16:30

you've got to admit that Nunes looks good in his suit from "The Little Caesar Collection".
too bad House rules won't permit him to chomp on a cigar.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2019, 18:39

Jimbo wrote:
Six String wrote:

Yeah, like you know what's going on. Go ahead. Do tell.

From what I can see both parties are making credible cases.

If Pompeo, Pence or the Donald himself would speak under oath we'd all be more certain of what really happened. The fact that they are withholding testimony and evidence says a lot.