President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 31 Oct 2019, 15:49

I'll be honest, I didn't think the resolution for the inquiry would pass.
maybe I'm reading this thing all wrong. I hope so.

CNN has had a lot of "Deep State/Out to get the President" horse-shit coming out of peoples mouths. WAY more than I expected seeing as they are "The Enemy of the People" and all.

I thought maybe Nancy was putting on a brave face but still discouraging moving forward in private. you watch these Gung-Ho Tea Party Bastards and they know the Base just loves this Pseudo Patriotic diplay of Trump support and that it galvanizes their fundraising.

but, here we go. I'm glad for a lot of reasons but I'm still pretty pessimistic. I mean, these guys stand there like they are the heroes of America defending the honor of an honorable man. it seems that our main hope is that a LOT of people are tired of pretending.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 31 Oct 2019, 16:07

they better have this right. I can not handle another 4 years of Trump nor can the US let alone the world.
Jeff Van Drew of NJ is a only looking after his own ass.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 31 Oct 2019, 16:48

Did any Pubs at all cross over?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Oct 2019, 17:03

not a single one!!!
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 31 Oct 2019, 17:24

Hightea wrote:they better have this right. I can not handle another 4 years of Trump nor can the US let alone the world.

Do not count on the Senate convicting him.
They can and they should, and maybe they will, but it would be a very bad bet.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 31 Oct 2019, 17:26

Still Baron wrote:

Even they dread a President Pence.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 31 Oct 2019, 17:40

Jimbo wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

Even they dread a President Pence.

No, Pence is one of them. They dread Trump Voters who are under the false impression that impeachment is an illegal coup to undo an election.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 31 Oct 2019, 18:18

Still Baron wrote:
Hightea wrote:they better have this right. I can not handle another 4 years of Trump nor can the US let alone the world.

They can and they should, and maybe they will, but it would be a very bad bet.

I don't but if they get this right the dems can win the election otherwise we will have 4 or even 8 years of Mr asshole.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 31 Oct 2019, 18:21

I'm fairly convinced that if they could manage it without pissing off more than half their base, they would love for the outcome to be President Pence.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Oct 2019, 19:14

didn't Pence threaten to run against TRUMP when the Access Hollywood story broke?
it's not like TRUMP to forgive anybody an infraction real or imagined. he must be bringing something to the table, musn't he?
maybe it makes it easier for evangelicals to square TRUMP's ghastliness since Pence does it for them? maybe.

anybody see this Politco thing yesterday?
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/3 ... nor-062084
it's pretty jaw dropping. the White House dangling fund raising in front of Senators before they vote.
is that even legal?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Oct 2019, 19:18

I've been around the CNN quite a bit today and I'm pretty taken aback at most of the commentary I've heard.
one Square-Head after another stating as a blunt point of fact that the Democrats should not be doing this.
it's a political calculation and it is bound to fail according to one commentator after another. most of them state flatly that this will help TRUMP win.

one lady referred to impeachment as "the Democrat's obsession" more than once.

TRUMP HATES CNN. what the fuck?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 31 Oct 2019, 20:16

"The Constitution still works. Steady as she goes," doesn't make for good punditry, I guess?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Nov 2019, 13:44

Sneelock wrote:one Square-Head after another stating as a blunt point of fact that the Democrats should not be doing this.

If that's their best argument then Trump's in trouble.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2019, 00:04

Think Trump will benefit from the Bagdadi bump?

If you are skeptical of what supposedly went down in Syria re Trump's version of the whimpering Big Daddy Bagdadi's killing, I think your skepticism is worthwhile and you will appreciate the video. But like 9/11 and so many other events in which many of you believe the government's narrative and that this time, the sixth or seventh reporting of his death is the real death of the ISIS chief, don't watch, don't learn, just ... don't.

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2019, 01:29

re impeachment thingy ... ladies and gentlemen: Noam Chomsky

"Is it politically wise? I frankly doubt it. I think it’ll turn out pretty much like the Mueller report, which, that I thought was also a political mistake. What’ll happen is probably the House will impeach, goes to the Senate. The Republican senators are utterly craven. They’re terrified of Trump’s voting base. So they’ll vote to turn down the impeachment request. Trump will come along, say I’m vindicated. Say it was the Deep State and the treacherous Dems trying to overturn the election. Oh, vote for me."

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Nov 2019, 01:06

Here we go anyway. I saw an interesting chart super imposing Nixon's approval rating, against support for impeachment, during 1973-74.

As the process starts, his approval is bad, mid 30s, but support for impeachment is in 20s. As more comes out, approval keeps going down, but impeachment support stalls below 40. Never gets over it.... Until the Supreme Court tells Nixon to to turn over tapes. Then support for impeachment goes over 50, the GOP all turn on him, and he resigned real fast.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 05 Nov 2019, 02:16

You see that TRUMP rally tonight?
I tell you man, I'm afraid somebody is going to take a tire iron to me. Not only am I a Democrat, I live in California.

Seriously, though. Each one of those things is uglier than the last and it's a YEAR until the general election.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Nov 2019, 02:58

Sneelock wrote:You see that TRUMP rally tonight?
I tell you man, I'm afraid somebody is going to take a tire iron to me. Not only am I a Democrat, I live in California.

Seriously, though. Each one of those things is uglier than the last and it's a YEAR until the general election.

Maybe Trump is Andy Kaufman.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 05 Nov 2019, 11:18

Jimbo wrote:re impeachment thingy ... ladies and gentlemen: Noam Chomsky

"Is it politically wise? I frankly doubt it. I think it’ll turn out pretty much like the Mueller report, which, that I thought was also a political mistake. What’ll happen is probably the House will impeach, goes to the Senate. The Republican senators are utterly craven. They’re terrified of Trump’s voting base. So they’ll vote to turn down the impeachment request. Trump will come along, say I’m vindicated. Say it was the Deep State and the treacherous Dems trying to overturn the election. Oh, vote for me."

So it is politically unwise to prosecute someone for breaking the law.

Where does that end?

If someone is a brazen enough liar with enough popular support they are above the law?
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Nov 2019, 14:53

Copehead wrote:If someone is a brazen enough liar with enough popular support they are above the law?

That does appear to be the GOP defense tack so far.